Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jan 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3352685)   #31
vincegail
Veteran
 
vincegail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 1,843
vincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So this is all one big poker play? And autosport.com has been used as Nissan's dealer/croupier in order to mask Nissan's double 3's and let the ACO believe Nissan will play a full house or a flush?

Don't like it at all!
vincegail is offline  
__________________
T - 46 weeks
Old 11 Jan 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3352686)   #32
TF110
Veteran
 
TF110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
United States
Posts: 13,895
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
I will be smiling when theres a big NISMO sponsorship with the red P1 sticker next year. I think all this noise is to drum up excitement. Some may think its because Nissan wants the PR. Of course they do. But imagine the bad PR if they dont show. Imagine the PR if Dr.P wins his suit and Nissan has nothing to run at Le Mans! Surely theyre smarter than that!
TF110 is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 03:38 (Ref:3352712)   #33
Pandamasque
Veteran
 
Pandamasque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Ukraine
Posts: 1,531
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I will be smiling when theres a big NISMO sponsorship with the red P1 sticker next year. I think all this noise is to drum up excitement. Some may think its because Nissan wants the PR. Of course they do. But imagine the bad PR if they dont show. Imagine the PR if Dr.P wins his suit and Nissan has nothing to run at Le Mans! Surely theyre smarter than that!
PR-wise, the troth is that it doesn't really matter to the board of a large mainstream automotive manufacturer what a bunch of enthusiasts on the forum think. Their g56 efforts are directed at a much wider audience and have been a great success. Nissan did persuade much of the general public that DW was a worthwhile innovation, 'the future'. And most of that was done through non-motorsport outlets whose writers were also genuinely excited about this new unusual thing and weren't knowledgeable enough to ask the obvious questions. In the same way Nissan can hypothetically spin a story about retrograde ACO stifling innovation by not allowing their new vehicle into P1.

As for 'autosport.com being used', it's not the first time and not the last. Many websites will post anything to get clicks, just like tabloids will publish things to sell copies. The recent Ferrari/Le Mans story is actually somewhat valid right now (here's a good one), but some sites were spinning up that rumour mill for years when there was very little grounds for it to be even mentioned apart from helping Luca the horse whisperer negotiate something with the FOM.
Pandamasque is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3352724)   #34
MagVanisher
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,292
MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm excited that Nissan will return to Le Mans as a LMP1 team, but I don't think they'll win it outright.
MagVanisher is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 06:49 (Ref:3352729)   #35
deltawing
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 365
deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I'm excited that Nissan will return to Le Mans as a LMP1 team, but I don't think they'll win it outright.
What makes you think they are not going to win outright?
deltawing is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3352734)   #36
NelisB
Veteran
 
NelisB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Netherlands
Deventer
Posts: 823
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post
What makes you think they are not going to win outright?
We don't even know how or what they will enter for 2015, if they enter... So yeah really hard to make a decent prediction.
NelisB is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3352738)   #37
JoestForEver
Veteran
 
JoestForEver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
United Kingdom
New York
Posts: 734
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy guys, easy. Porsche cannot even claim to win in the first time and where all the confidence come from? Favoring rules of deltawing? Believing they are better than Peugeot or Porsche? Sorry to say but far from it.
Tired of reading smug comments before even confirming something, seriously.
JoestForEver is offline  
__________________
Eat, sleep, race, repeat.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 07:24 (Ref:3352741)   #38
deltawing
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 365
deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Easy guys, easy. Porsche cannot even claim to win in the first time and where all the confidence come from? Favoring rules of deltawing? Believing they are better than Peugeot or Porsche? Sorry to say but far from it.
Tired of reading smug comments before even confirming something, seriously.
Are you talking to me? What smug comments? A guy makes a comment, saying that he thinks about something and I am asking him why he is thinking that way... what is the problem? I just find it very interesting to find out why people think the way they think.
deltawing is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3352750)   #39
Breinig
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Germany
Aachen, Germany
Posts: 22
Breinig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I suspect Nissan's 2015 budget will only be officially signed off much later in 2014, much like every other large company.
I very much doubt that this is a question of annual budgets. 2015 budget will not be signed of before Oct 2014.

This shall be a multi-year project. As in any large company, the decision is not going to be taken on an annual basis but on a project basis. Once a decision for the project is taken, the budget shall be principally defined for the upcoming years, of course allowing annual adjustments (the extreme case exercised by Peugoet).

The board has to do a go or halt decision for the project, they may do that anytime during a year.

I would agree that this is the answer to ACO's demand, without being really committed. At the same time I would expect to get the clarification latest in June. If they want to kick off such a project, they will need to start soon.
Breinig is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3352754)   #40
TF110
Veteran
 
TF110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
United States
Posts: 13,895
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
PR-wise, the troth is that it doesn't really matter to the board of a large mainstream automotive manufacturer what a bunch of enthusiasts on the forum think. Their g56 efforts are directed at a much wider audience and have been a great success. Nissan did persuade much of the general public that DW was a worthwhile innovation, 'the future'. And most of that was done through non-motorsport outlets whose writers were also genuinely excited about this new unusual thing and weren't knowledgeable enough to ask the obvious questions. In the same way Nissan can hypothetically spin a story about retrograde ACO stifling innovation by not allowing their new vehicle into P1.

As for 'autosport.com being used', it's not the first time and not the last. Many websites will post anything to get clicks, just like tabloids will publish things to sell copies. The recent Ferrari/Le Mans story is actually somewhat valid right now (here's a good one), but some sites were spinning up that rumour mill for years when there was very little grounds for it to be even mentioned apart from helping Luca the horse whisperer negotiate something with the FOM.
Winning Le Mans is a goal for the company. Positive PR can be achieved in plenty of ways. Winning Le Mans overall can be achieved in only one way. If their zeod fails or if its even ruled as a copyright infringement, what happens to that press they wanted? It turns sour. The big picture is the winners. Other cars like the dw are still in the news because one guy doesn't want to let it go.
TF110 is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3352781)   #41
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL
 
Aysedasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Posts: 30,712
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Easy guys, easy. Porsche cannot even claim to win in the first time and where all the confidence come from? Favoring rules of deltawing? Believing they are better than Peugeot or Porsche? Sorry to say but far from it.
Tired of reading smug comments before even confirming something, seriously.
Personally I'd rather read a smug comment than a completely unnecessary one.......
Aysedasi is online now  
__________________
And so the countdown starts again.....

32 (to Silverstone WEC....)
Old 11 Jan 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3352795)   #42
gustavobamba
Veteran
 
gustavobamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Posts: 1,216
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This whole story around the Nissan LMP1 depends all on the action that D. Panoz put against Nissan Zeod RC Le Mans car.

If Zeod cannot race at Le Mans, Nissan LMP1 will not exist. If Zeod run Nissan will advance to the LMP1. After all the talk, if they do not advance will be bad for the image of Nissan.
gustavobamba is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3352830)   #43
deltawing
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 365
deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
...If Zeod cannot race at Le Mans, Nissan LMP1 will not exist....
What a bold statement! Did you come up with it alone or someone helped you?
deltawing is offline  
Old 11 Jan 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3352832)   #44
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL
 
Aysedasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Posts: 30,712
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can disagree of course, but leave the sarcasm at home.
Aysedasi is online now  
__________________
And so the countdown starts again.....

32 (to Silverstone WEC....)
Old 11 Jan 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3352839)   #45
gustavobamba
Veteran
 
gustavobamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Posts: 1,216
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post
What a bold statement! Did you come up with it alone or someone helped you?

Alone , this is just my opinion.

If you like to use sarcasm, for me ok i donīt care.

Iīm from Portugal, a country that has lived many years in dictatorship but now people are free to have their opinion.
gustavobamba is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[WEC] Porsche LMP1 Discussion Simmi ACO Regulated Series 8554 Yesterday 07:13
[WEC] Toyota LMP1 Discussion Gingers4Justice ACO Regulated Series 6347 4 Jul 2018 08:17
Audi LMP1 Discussion gwyllion ACO Regulated Series 11685 16 Feb 2017 09:42
"We were pleased with Nissan Motorsport's performance in 2013,"- Nissan GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 8 16 Dec 2013 08:20
How about a LMP1 Pro & LMP1 Privateer class Holt Sportscar & GT Racing 35 6 Jun 2012 13:44


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.