Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Dec 2016, 11:07 (Ref:3693309)   #61
TrapezeArtist
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lots of good hypotheses, but of course no-one has the facts. It would be fun to be a fly on the wall of Toto Wolff's office over the next few weeks.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 11:11 (Ref:3693310)   #62
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
but is he retiring from F1 or all motorsport?
Let us just turn this around slightly.
What would be big enough for Rosberg to suddenly decide he was going to pull the plug on his F1 career?

Apprenticeship to Bernie, he comes awfully well connected through generations of F1 people.

How about it?
Old 3 Dec 2016, 11:29 (Ref:3693313)   #63
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Thexton...
Old 3 Dec 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3693315)   #64
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
David Thexton...
WDC with a WDC father and speak 5 languages does he?
Old 3 Dec 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3693328)   #65
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Just have to share this....

He is there already...waiting...

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4c&oe=58B95C43
Old 3 Dec 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3693329)   #66
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think the Spaniard will be able to get out of his McLaren contract. Sure, McLaren can't force him to drive for them; but they can stop him driving for anyone else.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3693338)   #67
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Diresta- please no, he is an ignorant brat.

Davidson - Yes I said this on page 1.

Bottas - the BBC are saying that toto rates him highly and merc could extract him with a better engine deal plus Werhlein. Actually I could see that happening. Bottas has been on the podium enough to warrant a top drive. But hardly a marketing dream.

Montoya - the biggest F1 audience is south America, I think he could be tempted by a top drive, Bernie would make it happen
Old 3 Dec 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3693339)   #68
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Finland F1 commentator Oskari Saari says according to his research yesterday, Valtteri Bottas is the first candidate to take Mercedes seat.

I see Oskari Safari agrees with me. Bottas is number one on the list. Toto not only manages Bottas, but knows him all too well from his tenure at Williams. Mercedes will know "who" they will be getting with Bottas. There will be no surprises (outside of driving capabilities). Bottas is very limited in the current Williams. There is only so much a driver can do with a car that has limited capability and be able to finish a race. Bottas is known to provide solid feedback, put in solid drives. He would be a good ambassador for the Mercedes brand globally and carry out his promotional duties in a professional manner. Above all he is very capable of winning races. Build him the car, wins will come.

Mercedes brass loved Kimi in the Merc/McLaren days. I guess Kimi didn't love the unreliability that cost him championships. At least Kimi didn't whine publicly about it like another driver I know (I won't name who).

Kimi keep your phone on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Dec 2016, 16:25 (Ref:3693356)   #69
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh ya, I bet Boss Haug is rallying Merc to call Kimi too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Dec 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3693371)   #70
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!
It has been mentioned already, but werhlein makes sense. I remember the broadcast crew commenting on how he must have been miffed at being passed over for ocon for the Williams drive. I wonder if Mercedes did that knowing that rosberg retiring if he won the title was a real possibility? How far ahead was rosberg when the ocon announcement was made? Seems like it was around the time his lead ballooned up after Malaysia.

I like the vettel/Hamilton trade idea. If Mercedes is annoyed with hamilton, ship him off for a german, Hamilton gets clear #1 status at Ferrari and vettel gets out of Ferrari. Ferrari has had a real knack for ruining great drivers' careers lately. I don't see vettel wanting to team with hamilton in any way. He doesn't seem to like having a teammate that can compete with him.

And yes, if Alonso got it, red bull and Ferrari would pass Mercedes with the new ruleset and all three would be racing for second best. Behind McLaren.

Would there be any interest in Webber? Guessing not, but he's another that would be a solid #2 to keep there from being any drama.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3693373)   #71
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I really cannot see Webber getting into another Multi 21 situation.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 18:54 (Ref:3693379)   #72
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Its a wonder some idiot hasn't suggested bringing back Jacques Villeneuve.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3693383)   #73
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
Can we just calm down a bit? JPM is not much more likely to get the call than I am, and Webber has just retired.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3693397)   #74
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Its a wonder some idiot hasn't suggested bringing back Jacques Villeneuve.
Damon could be in the frame then?
Old 3 Dec 2016, 20:01 (Ref:3693403)   #75
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
I have tried to delete this post.....Aaarghh. Mods, please remove this line.

Last edited by djinvicta; 3 Dec 2016 at 20:05. Reason: Trying to delete this post!