Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Oct 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2049607)   #126
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Can I say that there's not really any need to be arguing over it?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 Oct 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2049612)   #127
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But I won!

Yes, next pic!
I'm rubbish at this so far!
Old 23 Oct 2007, 20:48 (Ref:2049634)   #128
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's only a game rcarr.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 22:40 (Ref:2049734)   #129
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its never a game when I get involved! I take motor racing and motor racing history very seriously!

As for a pic, i'll post one up in time when I can, I'll get you all confused.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 22:42 (Ref:2049737)   #130
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm afraid the game can't wait around for you to "post one up in time when you can".

You lose a turn.

Alan - your go!
Old 23 Oct 2007, 23:51 (Ref:2049767)   #131
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

me next! me next!

car
driver
track
year

(and try without looking at file name...)
Old 24 Oct 2007, 01:10 (Ref:2049797)   #132
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer

me next! me next!

car
driver
track
year

(and try without looking at file name...)
Rial, Christian Danner, Phoenix, 89?
Old 24 Oct 2007, 01:24 (Ref:2049804)   #133
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
bingo!

the rial naming on the car was a bit of a giveaway!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 01:29 (Ref:2049812)   #134
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
The plain white helmet said Christian Danner to me, however it could have been Foitek or De Cesaris and the big concrete blocks behind the car gave the venue away!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 07:33 (Ref:2049918)   #135
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alright hopfully this one may stump some. Nice to see this thread back up.

Sorry the pic wont come up again on screen but ok off site.

Last edited by NAC; 24 Oct 2007 at 07:38.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 07:40 (Ref:2049923)   #136
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Niki Lauda, Swedish GP, Anterstop, 1978, Brabham BT46 "Fan Car"
Old 24 Oct 2007, 07:49 (Ref:2049927)   #137
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Niki Lauda, Swedish GP, Anterstop, 1978, Brabham BT46 "Fan Car"
Very nice Alan, nearly there. It was the Brabham-Alfa BT 46B.
Some other very interesting facts on this car that I did not know untill now.

Niki Lauda won the 1978 Swedish Grand Prix at Anderstorp in this car. The car was withdrawn before it could race again and the concept declared illegal by the FIA. Owned by Bernie Ecclestone,
Designed by Gordon Murray
Brabham's BT46B used a large fan to reduce underbody air pressure, known as the fan car.

Old 24 Oct 2007, 07:57 (Ref:2049935)   #138
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Very nice Alan, nearly there. It was the Brabham-Alfa BT 46B.
Some other very interesting facts on this car that I did not know untill now.

Niki Lauda won the 1978 Swedish Grand Prix at Anderstorp in this car. The car was withdrawn before it could race again and the concept declared illegal by the FIA. Owned by Bernie Ecclestone,
Designed by Gordon Murray
Brabham's BT46B used a large fan to reduce underbody air pressure, known as the fan car.

It caused quite a stir when they brought it out. It was Brabhams answer to ground effect. I don't think it was banned as such but I think it was quickly realised it was going into a dangerous area. Any stones and debris on the track were picked up by the fan and spat out of the back. The best bit of technology was the cover they put over the fan in the paddock - A plastic dustbin lid!

Here's one for you. Car is easy, driver not to hard, but the circuit is a bit more difficult. Still in use, in a different configuration, but not for GP's anymore.

Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2049938)   #139
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The BT46B was not actually banned. Bernie agreed never to run it again.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:10 (Ref:2049945)   #140
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
[QUOTE=Alan Raine]The best bit of technology was the cover they put over the fan in the paddock - A plastic dustbin lid!

Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:23 (Ref:2049958)   #141
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll take a guess:

Gold Leaf Lotus 72
Osteriechring
Rene Wissell
Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:23 (Ref:2049959)   #142
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine

McLaren M23 1976 (guesing year as pic to fuzzy to see detail) James Hunt. Have no idea where.

This below from Wiki on the BT46B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brabham_BT46
Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:26 (Ref:2049965)   #143
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Nope. Car, driver and year wrong.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:45 (Ref:2049979)   #144
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I'll take a guess:

Gold Leaf Lotus 72
Osteriechring
Rene Wissell
I think you may be right there Peter

Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:55 (Ref:2049987)   #145
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I'll take a guess:

Gold Leaf Lotus 72
Osteriechring
Rene Wissell

Car - correct.
Year - wrong
Circuit - wrong
Driver - correct

For circuit think sand!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 08:56 (Ref:2049990)   #146
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
So come on Alan, spill
Old 24 Oct 2007, 09:24 (Ref:2050011)   #147
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zandvoort? (Or is that being too literal )
Old 24 Oct 2007, 09:32 (Ref:2050019)   #148
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Zandvoort? (Or is that being too literal )
Correct Just the year now.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 09:36 (Ref:2050021)   #149
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
1970?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 24 Oct 2007, 09:39 (Ref:2050024)   #150
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Too early for the 72 so it must be 71 or 73. I'll go for 71 because in 73 they were JPS.