Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1982841)   #76
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.robbygordon.com/cms/publi...icle_911.shtml

Long Pond, PA (August 5, 2007) – I want to start by expressing my regrets to the sponsors, fans, and all competitors for any part I played in the miscommunication, confusion and uncertainty surrounding the finish in this weekend’s Busch race in Montreal. Immediately following the last caution when I was spun out by the 59 car, at first I was told that I was scored in first place and I should be in that position. Later, I was told that I was in second place and I assumed that position, which was fine. Moments before the green flag dropped, I was told that I was scored in 13th position.

Obviously I objected, and I stated that I would complete the race under protest. I believed that my protest would be a foregone conclusion if I moved to position 13. I was confident that most people who watched the race or see the replay would agree that I should have been scored in first or second. I also wanted to make sure that the race played out the way it should if the officials ultimately agreed with me after seeing the tape and granted my protest. Therefore, I decided to preserve the status quo by holding the second position and racing from that position to the end of the race. My belief was that it would be no harm no foul if my protest was denied because I would then be disqualified in the race regardless. On the other hand, if I moved to position 13 and my protest was granted, then the race results would be affected. In order to preserve the integrity of my protest, I decided to stay in second position.

It was not my purpose to disrespect the authority of NASCAR or the officials. I do respect their authority to run the race and make the calls, and I understand the significance of the black flag. I strongly disagree with the calls that affected me at the end of the race. Being spun under the yellow and not being allowed to resume my position prior to the spin put me in a position to react as I did. Nonetheless, I accept NASCAR’s decision and I intend to move forward under the rules.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1982870)   #77
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All well and good, but he conveniently omits to even apologise for taking Ambrose out on the last restart... He might have had a case for protest had he raced fairly in the last 2 laps, but any case he was lost as soon as he spun Marcos out at the first opportunity.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1982873)   #78
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Wonder if his arse is still sore?
Old 6 Aug 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1982954)   #79
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So he was in second, but the problem was that he couldn't get the car going, and you need to hold a certain speed to be scored under yellow, which is why he was in 13th.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 22:46 (Ref:1982962)   #80
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such a funny ending to the race. I fully expect him to miss all the racing at Watkins Glen.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 03:11 (Ref:1983056)   #81
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice Ambrose is not entered in the Watkins Nextel race as he was suppose to be.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 08:23 (Ref:1983187)   #82
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope, couldn't find the funding.

Announced a while ago.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 10:14 (Ref:1983254)   #83
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More the reason was that they wanted to solely focus on Bill Elliot and getting the #21 solidly in the top-35. Also that because Marcos is in such a good position to a top 10 final point standings, that it wasn't the right thing to do. He better look out at Watkins Glen if Robby Gordon's running the Busch race... You could just tell that something was gonna happen on that last restart when Robby was behind him.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 13:49 (Ref:1983425)   #84
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Both Robby and Ambrose seemed pretty calm in the post-race interviews, so I'm not counting on more fireworks at Watkins Glen as payback for what happened at Montreal.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1984095)   #85
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Payback

I'm just delighted that Dirty Marcos got some of his own back. The drivers that he punted off on his way to his "championship " win in 2003 must be laughing as much as I did.

7 Weeks and 1 day Till my Bathurst begins.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1985203)   #86
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
You guys must not pay attention much -

Robby Gordon called up Marcus on Monday to say sorry and offered him a ride in his extra Nextel Cup car as a peace offering and he, Camping World, Kingsford and The Wood Bros are fine with it and Ford is even more happy with it.

So Marcus will drive the #77 Camping World Fusion for Robby Gordon Motorsports.

It looks like qualifying might be rained out on Friday so let's hope they are smart and run qualifying in a dry window on Friday (according to Weather.com there isn't an opening but you never know) or get all of qualifying for the Cup series and Bush series in early Saturday morning, make both an impound race and run the Bush race early that afternoon.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1985213)   #87
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Do the Cup cars have a rain package like the Busch cars do? For those who don't believe the Busch guys do, look at the windscreen on a road course car, there is a post sticking through it, for a small wiper to go on.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 00:22 (Ref:1985218)   #88
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Do the Cup cars have a rain package like the Busch cars do? For those who don't believe the Busch guys do, look at the windscreen on a road course car, there is a post sticking through it, for a small wiper to go on.
There was talk of rain running after the trip to Japan was rained out in the late 90s but I havent seen any action in that direction except the installation of wiper studs and saw a few fake rain sprinklered tests. What would be the point even if they did run with the wipers, the head and taillights are fake so how would you see any cars ahead in the spray? On the other hand I would LOVE to see the cars run on a wet track and separate out the really good drivers
Old 10 Aug 2007, 01:07 (Ref:1985233)   #89
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
You guys must not pay attention much -

Robby Gordon called up Marcus on Monday to say sorry and offered him a ride in his extra Nextel Cup car as a peace offering and he, Camping World, Kingsford and The Wood Bros are fine with it and Ford is even more happy with it.

So Marcus will drive the #77 Camping World Fusion for Robby Gordon Motorsports.

It looks like qualifying might be rained out on Friday so let's hope they are smart and run qualifying in a dry window on Friday (according to Weather.com there isn't an opening but you never know) or get all of qualifying for the Cup series and Bush series in early Saturday morning, make both an impound race and run the Bush race early that afternoon.
Ironic that it is you that missed the thread talking about it.

"Marcos and Gordon Happy Funland" afaik.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 01:12 (Ref:1985236)   #90
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
There was talk of rain running after the trip to Japan was rained out in the late 90s but I havent seen any action in that direction except the installation of wiper studs and saw a few fake rain sprinklered tests. What would be the point even if they did run with the wipers, the head and taillights are fake so how would you see any cars ahead in the spray? On the other hand I would LOVE to see the cars run on a wet track and separate out the really good drivers
They also stuck little brake lights in the rear windows, much like the IROC cars used at Daytona last year.

Actually, Goodyear is bringing the rain tyres for the Busch cars to the Glen as well.

http://www.scenedaily.com/stories/20...e_daily71.html
Old 10 Aug 2007, 06:36 (Ref:1985304)   #91
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I didn't miss it I saw it early, early yesterday and I just came back to this thread I don't comment on NeckCAR much and really only during the "road course" part of the season.

I'm just happy road courses fall for the Bush series 2 weeks in a row and Cup the same week as Bush at The Glen.

Its suppose to ran tomorrow and it might be an impound race if they are forced to qualify Saturday morning.

It would be great if Robby and Marcus could be leading the race with 2 laps to go. I just hope they learned from this and don't take each other out and let a f'in Cup regular get the win.

We just FINALLY might get our first NON Cup regular to win on tour...
Old 10 Aug 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1985492)   #92
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Someone won earlier on that wasn't a cup regular.

Kenseth spun on the final restart handing who-ever-he-is the race win.

I'm a pain, I know.