Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4087959)   #2576
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last minute programing changes often result in guides not being updated in time.

Keep an eye on the time slot and channel regardless of what guide says. Also usefull if you are recording.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4087960)   #2577
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Formula 1 Coverage Update

FORMULA 1
Saturday 11 December
ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX QUALIFYING HIGHLIGHTS at 6.55pm to 8.25pm
Steve Jones, David Coulthard and Mark Webber present highlights of the final round of this year's Formula 1 season from the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi. Who will claim the all-important last pole of the year?

Sunday 12 December
FORMULA 1 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX from midday
We will be screening the final race of the season in full from midday, starting with the build up, the race at 1pm and the reaction live from 3pm.

FORMULA 1 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX Highlights at 5.30pm
Old 9 Dec 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4087961)   #2578
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its great that a deal was made. The more people who get to watch live the better.

The race thread will be more interesting at least.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4087962)   #2579
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
maybe folk are looking for a bit more of a wildlife documentary style like you get in endurance racing.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 22:24 (Ref:4088026)   #2580
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Honestly...I like Croft. He isn't amazing, but he's a lot better than most series have. He'll never be Murray (nobody ever will be), but I feel like we've forgotten how bad Legard and Allen were in the box.
I've tried to block out most of my Legard memories but I still hear him say "Abbadabbi" whenever we go to this track.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 07:52 (Ref:4088072)   #2581
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If we want it for free - we don't deserve a say in who commentates.

No TV is free .Licence fee aside ,' free' UK tv is nothing of the sort. Non BBC outputs derives its income from advertising , paid for by the likes of you and me as part of the price we pay to buy stuff. Ford UK spends over £100m pa on ads .
Old 10 Dec 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4088074)   #2582
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
No TV is free .Licence fee aside ,' free' UK tv is nothing of the sort. Non BBC outputs derives its income from advertising , paid for by the likes of you and me as part of the price we pay to buy stuff. Ford UK spends over £100m pa on ads .

OK - I'll clarify:

If we want it on free-to-air - we don't deserve a say in who commentates.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4088075)   #2583
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You know what he meant by free. Don't be that guy.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 08:52 (Ref:4088078)   #2584
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Much in the same way that for us that most of us actually pay to use the NHS through various taxes, although it is true to say that it is free at the point of delivery.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4088094)   #2585
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quite frankly putting the coverage exclusively behind a paywall was always going to be a bad move. It may be alright for those who are prepared to pay it, but it certainly was less likely to gain new viewers. Very short sighted move and one that should never have happened. The fans are the big losers of this
Old 10 Dec 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4088110)   #2586
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought I'd never say it but I will put up with another couple of Marc Jacobs utterly moronic fragrance adverts to be able to watch the race live.....
Old 10 Dec 2021, 11:06 (Ref:4088113)   #2587
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

OK - I'll clarify:

If we want it on free-to-air - we don't deserve a say in who commentates.
Of course we do ; and for the sake of viewing figures (and hence ad revenue) TV companies should be mindful of feedback - as I am sure they are .
Old 10 Dec 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4088125)   #2588
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Quite frankly putting the coverage exclusively behind a paywall was always going to be a bad move. It may be alright for those who are prepared to pay it, but it certainly was less likely to gain new viewers. Very short sighted move and one that should never have happened. The fans are the big losers of this
I would add the sponsors & thereby the teams to the list of losers. As less eyes see the races the incentive to pay for sponsorship reduces.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4088133)   #2589
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Of course we do ; and for the sake of viewing figures (and hence ad revenue) TV companies should be mindful of feedback - as I am sure they are .
Which TV companies?

It seems like you are suggesting that Sky's production team should listen to the opinions of Channel 4's viewers (who haven't paid for Sky's F1 coverage) for a one-off race.

Sky seem to have been perfectly content with their commentator for 9 years so far, so I still stand by the position that Channel 4 viewers have no entitlement to demanding Sky change the commentary team for this one race.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4088155)   #2590
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The great thing about watching Le Mans at home this year (the only great thing....) was being able to watch everything live on Autosport Player with ambient sound to which I could sync and add the RLM commentary.....
Old 10 Dec 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4088174)   #2591
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I would add the sponsors & thereby the teams to the list of losers. As less eyes see the races the incentive to pay for sponsorship reduces.

That is exactly what happened to IndyCar. It went behind a pay-wall, audiences dwindled and the sponsors left.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4088177)   #2592
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That is exactly what happened to IndyCar. It went behind a pay-wall, audiences dwindled and the sponsors left.
but surely the split split the fanbase long before a paywall did?
Old 10 Dec 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4088179)   #2593
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was this discussed somewhere on the forum?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzoJu0WXCJE

Bizarre...
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4088181)   #2594
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Quote:
Which TV companies?

It seems like you are suggesting that Sky's production team should listen to the opinions of Channel 4's viewers (who haven't paid for Sky's F1 coverage) for a one-off race.

Sky seem to have been perfectly content with their commentator for 9 years so far, so I still stand by the position that Channel 4 viewers have no entitlement to demanding Sky change the commentary team for this one race.
I am not suggesting anything of the sort - and I don't have an opinion on Sky's team as I have never seen nor heard them . But if do have an opinion I will voice it. Opinions aren't confined to parties to financial transactions .
Old 10 Dec 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4088187)   #2595
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I am not suggesting anything of the sort - and I don't have an opinion on Sky's team as I have never seen nor heard them . But if do have an opinion I will voice it. Opinions aren't confined to parties to financial transactions .
But the original post wasn't about having an opinion on the commentators - it was about being entitled to have a say (stake) in who the commentators are.

It was even clarified, and then you doubled down on being entitled to have a say (not opinion):

'If we want it on free-to-air - we don't deserve a say in who commentates.'
'Of course we do'

For the final time - I will stand by by point.
If we are receiving a free-to-air, one-off coverage, then we are entitled to voice an opinion on the commentators, but we are not entitled to have a say in who they are.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4088188)   #2596
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
but surely the split split the fanbase long before a paywall did?

Initially the majority of AOWR fans stuck with CART. However, once some of the big teams, like Andretti Green Racing, Chip Ganassi and Penske jumped ship then the split in the fanbase began to take it's toll. A couple of big teams like Forsythe and Newman/Haas stayed with CART and then it turned into Champ Car but by then both series were already behind pay walls.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4088193)   #2597
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
But the original post wasn't about having an opinion on the commentators - it was about being entitled to have a say (stake) in who the commentators are.

It was even clarified, and then you doubled down on being entitled to have a say (not opinion):

'If we want it on free-to-air - we don't deserve a say in who commentates.'
'Of course we do'

For the final time - I will stand by by point.
If we are receiving a free-to-air, one-off coverage, then we are entitled to voice an opinion on the commentators, but we are not entitled to have a say in who they are.
I'm not trying to fan any flames here and admit that any 'opinion' we C4 viewers may have about the commentary may not carry as much weight as those who have paid Sky for the whole seasons coverage. But, as has been explained earlier in this thread there is no such thing as free to air coverage, one way or another we are paying for it either through our license fee, or by falling for any adverts shown during the programme, so we are still consumers/customers. (Actually, that has raised another thought will the race be interrupted by advertisements? I don't think Sky have them?)
Old 10 Dec 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4088222)   #2598
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder by sky making their coverage available to C4 viewers are they hoping to get more subscriptions to their service?

Although it might the wrong time of the season to try it as many will have forgotten to do it by next March.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4088224)   #2599
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I wonder by sky making their coverage available to C4 viewers are they hoping to get more subscriptions to their service?
I think it is more simple - Sky are happy to take a big cheque from Ch4, and Ch4 are hoping to make that back from selling advertising slots.
Old 11 Dec 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4088269)   #2600
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think it is more simple - Sky are happy to take a big cheque from Ch4, and Ch4 are hoping to make that back from selling advertising slots.
Bingo. It's no more complicated than that.

Tags
pinks