Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Apr 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3631735)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
So, £42 for a ticket, do you guys have any guess of how many attended the event on previous years? I guess BRDC(they are the Silverstone owners, or administrators, right?) and FIA/ACO gather quite some money there.
Let's hope they do so that the large facility that is Silverstone can stay open for us all, for WEC and other events.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3631744)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Let's hope they do so that the large facility that is Silverstone can stay open for us all, for WEC and other events.
Well if jaguar purchase it then they will want it to run without generating huge losses, the BRDC (or whatever they are now called) is always complaining about the expense of running the circuit, perhaps jaguar can sort things out, better catering at the circuit would be my request if anyone from jaguar is reading this
Old 10 Apr 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3631755)   #53
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well if jaguar purchase it then they will want it to run without generating huge losses, the BRDC (or whatever they are now called) is always complaining about the expense of running the circuit, perhaps jaguar can sort things out, better catering at the circuit would be my request if anyone from jaguar is reading this
If they can up the catering there will literally be dancing in the streets...

More fundamentally, for those of us who have done so in the past, a swift half in the White Hart at some point on Friday and potentially curry on the Saturday?
Old 11 Apr 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3631841)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A swift half followed by several pints please
Old 11 Apr 2016, 14:45 (Ref:3631872)   #55
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if public entry is available tomorrow but there's quite a few elms p2 teams testing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Apr 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3631876)   #56
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Weather forecasts may change between now and then, but the one I looked up says rain on Thursday and Friday, some rain and mixed clouds and sun Saturday, and possibly dry with mixed clouds and sun Sunday.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 15:14 (Ref:3631881)   #57
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Predicting the weekend's weather is just on the cusp of decent accuracy this early, but all the reports I've seen have a wet Friday, damp but drying Saturday and what should be a dry Sunday.

Mind, I'm sure we all remember the weather that greeted the 2014 Silverstone 6 Hours!
Old 11 Apr 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3631883)   #58
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't mind a bit of mixed up weather .............

Plays havoc with tyre strategy etc and may just spice it up a bit more - something about seeing very high powered cars slithering around on the wrong tyres for a lap or two that really sorts the men from the boys.

Lotterer is awesome in changeable conditions
Old 11 Apr 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3631914)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Please can it be warm this year, a bit of rain perhaps but please can we have temperatures that mean we donot have to dress like eskimo's
Old 11 Apr 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3631920)   #60
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see a sponsorship deal: "6hr of Silverstone, brought to you by Mountain Warehouse"
Old 11 Apr 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3631940)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I see a sponsorship deal: "6hr of Silverstone, brought to you by Mountain Warehouse"
.... and sadly I guess, also by 'Divine Burger'.........
Old 11 Apr 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3631949)   #62
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found a random hotel, (somewhere nearer than Kent) so me and a friend should be about sat and Sunday now, with the possibility of the other half popping down Sunday too
Old 11 Apr 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3631956)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
.... and sadly I guess, also by 'Divine Burger'.........
No, Please No
Old 11 Apr 2016, 22:05 (Ref:3631966)   #64
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Not being funny Silverstone's now considerably more of an warm and dry challenge than Spa. That said provided you've got enough of the right kit with you and don't make the mistake of staying still for the first hour like I did in 2014 you'll generally be fine.

Either way there'll be a fair whack of North Face and Berghaus going into the car for the trip up on Friday...
Old 12 Apr 2016, 05:46 (Ref:3632012)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I am thinking that with limited space in the car, i will head up on friday with the roof down and shorts/t shirt.
On the other hand i may just try to fit waterproofs, jumpers and hat in the space behind the seats obviously expecting them to remain there.
Just call me hopeful
Old 12 Apr 2016, 08:50 (Ref:3632036)   #66
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still baffles me why they do Silverstone in April! Shite weather makes it an inhospitable place for families, only the hardiest of fans can endure the brunt of wind and rain. I still take my 2 1/2 + 8yr olds, just hoping for plenty of sun on SUNday ☀️☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3632042)   #67
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest forecasts have changed a little for Friday ............

Originally showed heavy rain all day - now showing on most weather guesswork sites as Heavy Showers with some occasional bursts of sunshine.

As I use Friday as a day to walk around a take photographs without the large number of people around, I will take that - sometimes changeable weather can through up some interesting light and picture opportunities.

Just hope that I don't get caught out in the open too often when the heavens open!
Old 12 Apr 2016, 09:43 (Ref:3632049)   #68
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Still baffles me why they do Silverstone in April! Shite weather makes it an inhospitable place for families, only the hardiest of fans can endure the brunt of wind and rain. I still take my 2 1/2 + 8yr olds, just hoping for plenty of sun on SUNday ☀️☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See your point completely - quite liked when it was early autumn - weather tended to be a bit more predictable (although not always a completely safe bet) and it spread the accessible European rounds through the year (Spa in May, Le Mans in June, Silverstone in September was quite nice).

That said there's now also a delight at the opportunity to catch up with people and start the year cheerfully, make some plans for what looks like a cracking season, and getting the first opportunity to see the new machinery in action adds quite a bit.

And remember - this is long distance sportscar racing - a cold and wet sportscar fan is a happy sportscar fan...
Old 12 Apr 2016, 09:59 (Ref:3632053)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well Ian this sportscar fan would rather be warm and dry, even if that means sitting in a dry grandstand while the cars slither around in front of me
Old 12 Apr 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3632056)   #70
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
See your point completely - quite liked when it was early autumn - weather tended to be a bit more predictable (although not always a completely safe bet) and it spread the accessible European rounds through the year (Spa in May, Le Mans in June, Silverstone in September was quite nice).
We now get the British rounds of WEC, ELMS, BSS and BES all in the space of a month, when its not usually warm. I preferred it when events were spread out a bit!

I don't mind ELMS and WEC on the same weekend but would separate events be better? For the sake of variety, perhaps a combined ELMS and British GT event at Donington in September would be interesting - doesn't rain too often then (paddock space could be an issue though).
Old 12 Apr 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3632057)   #71
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well Ian this sportscar fan would rather be warm and dry, even if that means sitting in a dry grandstand while the cars slither around in front of me
I can count the number of times I've actually been warm in a Silverstone grandstand on one hand...
Old 12 Apr 2016, 10:28 (Ref:3632058)   #72
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

That said there's now also a delight at the opportunity to catch up with people and start the year cheerfully, make some plans for what looks like a cracking season, and getting the first opportunity to see the new machinery in action adds quite a bit.

And remember - this is long distance sportscar racing - a cold and wet sportscar fan is a happy sportscar fan...
In the old days we had Silverstone in April, Le Mans in it's 'traditional June date and Brands Hatch in September. The weather for Brands was often bad, but getting to see 2 World Sports car Championship races in this country was great.

Sean
Old 12 Apr 2016, 11:27 (Ref:3632069)   #73
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
The weather for Brands was often bad, but getting to see 2 World Sports car Championship races in this country was great.

Sean
It seems every prototype in the world will be there.
Do ELMS and WEC always run the same weekend or is this a rare special?
Old 12 Apr 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3632073)   #74
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Mind, I'm sure we all remember the weather that greeted the 2014 Silverstone 6 Hours!
And worse, the ELMS on the Saturday. Waving a yellow flag for 2 hours in a torrential downpour. The problem with having to wave the flag is that there's no way of stopping the water going up your sleeve. Ghastly.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3632074)   #75
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Do ELMS and WEC always run the same weekend or is this a rare special?
Only at Silverstone (but they have shared the weekend for the last 3 years IIRC), separate calendar otherwise.