Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Sep 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1701653)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Alan; that's fine, as is the news about Andrew's progess! Many thanks!
Old 13 Sep 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1709672)   #27
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Link isn't working here?
Old 14 Sep 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1710308)   #28
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Suze, it's a document download; it's still working OK for me.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1710317)   #29
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Working here now too, though work computer not home, weird! Good article though
Old 29 Oct 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1752822)   #30
Sue Spence
Rookie

Sue Spence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to let you know there is a new bulletin (October 06) about Andrew's progress on the Formula Junior website. He continues to make good progress and is becoming stronger every day. Now able to stand for about a minute with a walking frame but finds it a great challenge. We continue with the regular regime of exercises which do at least seem to be having a significant effect. Car also progressing, I have now completely stripped chassis and engine is ready for re-build. Never a dull moment in the Spence household! Sue
Old 29 Oct 2006, 19:08 (Ref:1752926)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Sue, thanks, and well done to both of you, on all fronts! I guess there could even be an element of competition here. Is Andrew trying to beat the car to recovery?
Old 14 Dec 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1790745)   #32
Sue Spence
Rookie

Just to let you know that our Christmas update will be posted to the Formula Junior website in the next day or two.
Progress happening on every front. Andrew has been able to take a few steps with a walking frame, myself and physio in close attendance, which is absoulutely marvellous, looking forward to seeing him do the 'turket trot' for Christmas!
The car is also advancing, another couple of days work will see the engine finished. Steel for repairing chassis arrived yesterday. A large cardboard box containing a band saw has also been delivered, I was never very good with a hacksaw but I'm hoping it's not my Christmas present!
Thanks to everyone who follows our progress for your continued support and encouragement. Have a very happy Christmas and the best ever racing season in 2007

Sue
Old 15 Dec 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1791286)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Sue, as ever, thank you for the update and it's great to learn that Andrew (and car!) are making good progress. On behalf of Ten Tenths, please accept our best wishes to you both for a great Christmas and New Year, and we look forward to receiving further progress bulletins, in due course.

Last edited by John Turner; 15 Dec 2006 at 11:11.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1791306)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great news Merry Xmas and a prosperous & progressive New year.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 17:59 (Ref:1900329)   #35
Sue Spence
Rookie

Just a quick update before it is Christmas again! All going well with Andrew's progress. Now able to walk well indoors with his frame and attempting to walk with crutches. All very tricky as very challenging for the balance, but with me holding onto him by using a handling belt, we have managed several laps of the dining table, not ready for timed laps yet.

The car is slowly taking shape again, I have completed the engine re-build, it is assembled with the gearbox and in the chassis for test fitting. Still a huge amount to do.

Andrew able to spend longer in his wheelchair so he can keep an eye on my mechanical activities - but leads to frustration - didn't know it was possible to storm off in a wheelchair till I saw him do it! First time ever so he is still a hero in my book

A bulletin will be posted to the Formula Junior website soon with more of our news.

Sue
Old 25 Apr 2007, 18:31 (Ref:1900346)   #36
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Lovely update, Sue, thank you. The 'storm off in a wheelchair' bit conjures up a real picture! Stick with it; our thoughts and best wishes for continued improvement go with you both.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1973029)   #37
Sue Spence
Rookie

Spence Family Update

Just a brief update on progress with Andrew and the Car.
It is all systems go here as we have been lucky enough to have received an entry for the Goodwood Revival, just what we needed to give us a new goal to aim for.
Andrew is putting lots of extra therapy sessions in as he is determined to be able to climb the steps into the motorhome, we will be hiring, and take a few steps with crutches. We are confident he will do it.
Progress with the car seems painfully slow. The chassis is now repaired and has new panels fitted. The new body has been fettled to fit and is being painted as I write. Now waiting for the final bits to arrive so assembly can begin. Still seems a lot to do but fortunately Andrew is good and giving instructions and I'm not too bad at following them!
All welcome to inspect the finished article at Goodwood - that sounds positive doesn't it??

Sue
Old 25 Jul 2007, 12:13 (Ref:1973035)   #38
Sue Spence
Rookie

Not sure how I managed to do this twice!!! Maybe the powers that be can sort it for me?????
Sue
Old 25 Jul 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1973056)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Done.

Good to hear the progress Sue.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 13:18 (Ref:1973074)   #40
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sue,that,s excellent new,s, Thank,s for the update,dont forget if you need a spare pair of hand,s!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 10:19 (Ref:1980351)   #41
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good to see Andrew looking so much stronger at this years Silverstone Classic, a lot of progress has been made in the past twelve months. Good luck in readying the car for the Revival and taking your place in the Chichester cup. Sue you must be in the running for title of the Queen of Multi-tasking!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1998380)   #42
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update on FJ website

http://www.formulajunior.com/Spence%...%20Spence.html

JB
Old 5 Sep 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2004457)   #43
Sue Spence
Rookie

Made it to Goodwood Revival

Just to let you all know that we actually made it to the Goodwood Revival at the weekend. We had a lot of very late nights but managed to test the car at Brands on the 25th August and survived in one piece despite being out with F Fords, needed do not touch stickers on the body, as it was they attacked my wheels!
A bit more work on the following Monday and Tuesday saw us ready for Goodwood.
The car didn't miss a beat in practice or the race. It was a very magical moment I can tell you. Now the driver needs to get up to speed so some testing sessions are planned ready for next season.
Even managed to get Andrew up for a dance or should I say gentle sway, he was hanging on like grim death, but he did it.
You will find a photo of the car on the FJ website looking just like it always did.

Sue
Old 5 Sep 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2004484)   #44
mike faloon
Rookie

mike faloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheshire group of 750 mc had a report from Derek Walker about Goodwood and your outing, Jean Rees says hello
Old 5 Sep 2007, 20:59 (Ref:2004632)   #45
Sue Spence
Rookie

Hi Mike,

please say hello to all at 750MC Cheshire group and in particular to Jean.

Sue
Old 5 Sep 2007, 21:39 (Ref:2004674)   #46
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I'm not happy with any of the pics I took of Sue, but here's the proof anyway. Well done, Sue:-
Old 6 Sep 2007, 07:39 (Ref:2004892)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photographic proof of some heroic efforts from all involved I,d say!! Well done to you both.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 08:06 (Ref:2004924)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well done to you both. Magnificent effort.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 08:28 (Ref:2004939)   #49
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very poor and long distance photo but proof nonetheless.

Old 6 Sep 2007, 11:35 (Ref:2005086)   #50
Sue Spence
Rookie

Hi there, any chance of obtaining copies of the photos you have both posted, just let me know costs.

Many thanks Sue