Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2824123)   #26
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martinsville - one 180° turn with smooth, even radius. You turn in once and almost make the whole turn without moving the steering wheel further

Eunuchenheim, Sachskurve: looks like 180° even but isn`t really. On turning in it closes down on you , making the corner way edgier than any even 180°.

But even if these car could make the Sachskurve they couldn't take the hairpin. A battle tank is better moveable than these tractors.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2824131)   #27
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
But even if these car could make the Sachskurve they couldn't take the hairpin.
Put them on the short course, I say... that'd make for some serious mayhem... and if necessary use the dragstrip to bypass the Sachs-Kurve as well...
Old 1 Feb 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2824143)   #28
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A battle tank is better moveable than these tractors.
Maybe that's the solution, fit them with tracks.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 03:29 (Ref:2824315)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Martinsville - one 180° turn with smooth, even radius. You turn in once and almost make the whole turn without moving the steering wheel further

Eunuchenheim, Sachskurve: looks like 180° even but isn`t really. On turning in it closes down on you , making the corner way edgier than any even 180°.

But even if these car could make the Sachskurve they couldn't take the hairpin. A battle tank is better moveable than these tractors.
You really don't know much about stock car racing, do you.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2824365)   #30
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Eunuchenheim ?
You must be joking. How are the Nascars supposed to take the Sachskurve , let alone the hairpin ?
You run the DTM configuration, why did you automatically assume the regular GP track?

Also Sachskurve is BANKED or did you forget that, would be a turn their used to seeing... In fact that whole section is banked a bit, Germans would turn out BIG TIME for it.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2824366)   #31
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
+ Nordschleife
Only on GT5.. Wouldn't happen in real life, they would consider it too dangerous since those things weigh a ton and would barrel through a guardrail if something bad happen.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2824373)   #32
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You really don't know much about stock car racing, do you.
Seems they don't no tighter hairpin than the one in Montreal -

Why do people suggest ridiculous tracks like the Nordschleife as it seems to taken on a iconic nature with Gen X/Y. Yes its great track but there reasons international series do not run on it - SAFETY

As I said a stock car at 3500lbs doing 200+mph in some sections of the track is just asking for a serious accident to happen. Not to mention its very much a one line track, you get off line your in the grass and into the guardrail.

Especially since there been some fairly serious looking accidents during N24. The one last year with the 1 series; A Cup car would have knocked down the guardrail and kept going into the forest... Do you remember what happen to the Porsche that smacked the guardrail at Mosport? Even if it doesn't break it, it will bounce it back into the racing line. Remember #77 at Watkins Glen?

I suggest the tracks because two are ovals. Rockingham likely does need upgrading but are you going to tell me they won't pack the house and be able to pay for it just on that promise?

Brands is throughly modern. The backside is a concern, but not that much of one.

Already debunked the other German track, I see nobody said anything negative about Monza. Now seeing those cars pound over the chicanes would be worth the price of admission. They would get up to well over 200mph down the front straight and would have to jump all over the brakes to make the first chicane, that might results in a turn 1 pill up nobody in Europe has ever seen... But once they got through it, if there ever was a horsepower track, its Monza and there at least three times around where a Cup car will hit 200mph... Just all the racket they make it worth the price of admission.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2824381)   #33
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only problem with NASCAR going to Europe is neither the Cup or Busch Series have enough schedule space to do the trip unless they were to do something silly like racing Sunday-Wednesday-Sunday or something like that, which would be virtually impossible. However, some sort of NASCAR Europe Series could work, there's Rockingham in the UK, Lausitzring in Germany and possibly they could go to Raceway Venray in The Netherlands (it's a relatively new 6/10 mi circuit). The only issues would be safer barriers, and only having three ovals (but lots of road courses), choosing the machinery and some peripheral branding issues - for example I think NFL Europe played reduced TV timeouts. Local drivers are always a good idea, and there could be an argument for restickering the cars (depending on what they use, I'd say go for the new Busch Series cars) to European models by those manufacturers (E.G. Ford Mondeo, Chevrolet Cruze, Toyota Avensis).

Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

With regards to the NFL in Europe, it is a shame WLAF/NFL Europe got removed, but they did shoot themselves in the foot several times, for example when the London Monarchs became the England Monarchs and got moved around everywhere. By the end of its life it was basically a German league with one team from The Netherlands, hence why it was renamed from NFL Europe to NFL Europa.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 2 Feb 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2824511)   #34
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The NASCAR forum is over THERE gents?
This is a forum for sportscars, this thread is for Grand Am in Europe discussions.
(Off Topic)Personally, I may just buy a ticket to the Corby White elephant, if NASCAR came to town.(/Off Topic)
Old 2 Feb 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2824577)   #35
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

With regards to the NFL in Europe, it is a shame WLAF/NFL Europe got removed, but they did shoot themselves in the foot several times, for example when the London Monarchs became the England Monarchs and got moved around everywhere. By the end of its life it was basically a German league with one team from The Netherlands, hence why it was renamed from NFL Europe to NFL Europa.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Let's repave, reconstruct & rebuild Monza and Montlhéry and we'd have 4 ovals and at least the same amount of road circuits
Old 2 Feb 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2824628)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
The NASCAR forum is over THERE gents?
This is a forum for sportscars, this thread is for Grand Am in Europe discussions.
Thank you.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2824698)   #37
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Seems they don't no tighter hairpin than the one in Montreal -

Why do people suggest ridiculous tracks like the Nordschleife as it seems to taken on a iconic nature with Gen X/Y. Yes its great track but there reasons international series do not run on it - SAFETY

As I said a stock car at 3500lbs doing 200+mph in some sections of the track is just asking for a serious accident to happen. Not to mention its very much a one line track, you get off line your in the grass and into the guardrail.

Especially since there been some fairly serious looking accidents during N24. The one last year with the 1 series; A Cup car would have knocked down the guardrail and kept going into the forest... Do you remember what happen to the Porsche that smacked the guardrail at Mosport? Even if it doesn't break it, it will bounce it back into the racing line. Remember #77 at Watkins Glen?

I suggest the tracks because two are ovals. Rockingham likely does need upgrading but are you going to tell me they won't pack the house and be able to pay for it just on that promise?

Brands is throughly modern. The backside is a concern, but not that much of one.

Already debunked the other German track, I see nobody said anything negative about Monza. Now seeing those cars pound over the chicanes would be worth the price of admission. They would get up to well over 200mph down the front straight and would have to jump all over the brakes to make the first chicane, that might results in a turn 1 pill up nobody in Europe has ever seen... But once they got through it, if there ever was a horsepower track, its Monza and there at least three times around where a Cup car will hit 200mph... Just all the racket they make it worth the price of admission.
I think the hairpin at Sonoma might be tighter.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2824735)   #38
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Grand Am went to the UK, I would not be surprised. The Nascar clan would love to eventually take over and dominate world motorsport with their "vision" of motor racing.

They've already quietly done it in Canada and Mexico and I'm sure have designs on the rest of the world.