Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Nov 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3590318)   #51
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Martin Shorts Pescarolo is there as well as a TVR 400R which is great to see, what next a Spyker?
Old 14 Nov 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3590371)   #52
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wish someone produced even a half hour highlight reel of this, professionally filmed and edited. It would be amazing. This event is much more interesting than the actual present day Daytona 24 with it's dumbed down spec-bop cars and fake show wrestling rules. And the fields they keep getting are much more varied than at other historic events... this is how it should be done

ACEMCO colors are "back" on S7-R!

Last edited by Deleted; 14 Nov 2015 at 16:16.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 03:00 (Ref:3590486)   #53
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love that car
Old 15 Nov 2015, 04:15 (Ref:3590509)   #54
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
I love that car

Yeah me too. That ACEMCO livery suits the car so well. So clean and flowing.

Slightly OT but all healed up from the bike crash schmidder?
Old 15 Nov 2015, 04:18 (Ref:3590512)   #55
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Thanks for asking. Doing great. Was on my bike today. Arms are doing well..almost have all my flexibility back..working on strength. Have to have my jaw rebroken in january to fix my bite..but it shouldn't be too bad compared to the accident..
Old 15 Nov 2015, 04:20 (Ref:3590513)   #56
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
[IMG]Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447561194127.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	46436[/IMG]
Old 15 Nov 2015, 04:30 (Ref:3590515)   #57
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Thanks for asking. Doing great. Was on my bike today. Arms are doing well..almost have all my flexibility back..working on strength. Have to have my jaw rebroken in january to fix my bite..but it shouldn't be too bad compared to the accident..
Thats great to hear-except the bit about having to rebreak you jaw but well its for the greater good and it'll be better for you in the long run I take it.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 07:34 (Ref:3590544)   #58
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I also think the Saleen S7-R has some classic looks that the camera loves...

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/p...n_26_1_jpg.htm
Old 15 Nov 2015, 14:40 (Ref:3590599)   #59
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Everything in Saleen was great. The only liveries I ever remember disliking was the Larbre one with distracting McDonalds logos and bunch of other crap in it, the Vitaphone colors in it(just because I cannot associate them with anything else than MC12 ), and the yellow variations team used in couple first years of it's life. Like here with Kondrad.

Old 15 Nov 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3590603)   #60
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I think the Konrad "Dark Dog" livery was just lazy over anything else - it could have been in pearlescent <insert favourite colour here> for what it's worth and it would still look unfinished.

Otherwise, the Saleen just couldn't look bad; even the Larbre livery quickly won me over.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3590604)   #61
Deleted
Veteran

Now that I think of it, Corvette might have got few influentials for their 2008 GT1 livery from that above Kondrad one. Maybe I should have used another yellow example from FIA GT

Anyways, there was a day when all participants looked fab!

Old 15 Nov 2015, 17:50 (Ref:3590628)   #62
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I shot a lot of video (too much) that I should be able to post up on here tonight once I sort through it all and edit it down. Saleen included.

The event itself was better run this year, it was easier to get tickets and get in the track, they had event shirts and programs for sale, and there was a sizable crowd for an HSR race, more than last year.

The only down side, and I know it's the nature of the beast with running old cars, is a lot of the cars on the entry list never raced and some I didn't even see there. The Lowenbrau 962 that Derek Bell was supposed to race was being loaded up on the trailer when I got there early Saturday morning, 4 hours before the race even started. The Dyson 962s sat in the garage, I never saw the Coke/Bob Akin 962, the Matra managed 1 pace lap I think, the Greenwood Corvette didn't make it out. I should have gone to Friday practice.

Got to see the 2 Group 44 Jags on track though. And the Group E race, which is the newest cars was fantastic with a couple Audi R8 LMPs, Pescarolos, and the Porsche Spyder out there.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3590633)   #63
Deleted
Veteran

Looking forward to those vids!

Full results are here
https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Race/37596

Haven't looked at them yet though, will do later when time. Just like last year you need to look at the entrt list side by side with these, since they only mention the number and drivers, not chassis. And class initials are sorta cryptic too
Old 16 Nov 2015, 02:29 (Ref:3590726)   #64
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I shot a lot of video (too much) that I should be able to post up on here tonight once I sort through it all and edit it down. Saleen included.

The event itself was better run this year, it was easier to get tickets and get in the track, they had event shirts and programs for sale, and there was a sizable crowd for an HSR race, more than last year.

The only down side, and I know it's the nature of the beast with running old cars, is a lot of the cars on the entry list never raced and some I didn't even see there. The Lowenbrau 962 that Derek Bell was supposed to race was being loaded up on the trailer when I got there early Saturday morning, 4 hours before the race even started. The Dyson 962s sat in the garage, I never saw the Coke/Bob Akin 962, the Matra managed 1 pace lap I think, the Greenwood Corvette didn't make it out. I should have gone to Friday practice.

Got to see the 2 Group 44 Jags on track though. And the Group E race, which is the newest cars was fantastic with a couple Audi R8 LMPs, Pescarolos, and the Porsche Spyder out there.
Yea the 14 Lowenbrau was out there I think for Thurs. nite practice
as well as Friday. There were so many cars that it was hard to keep
track of . I noticed a good many cars were not on the original entry
list but showed up anyhow. I think that's the nature of Historics ie: Last minute prep, driver teams, spare parts, etc.

Did you see the Trans Am race Sat. a.m. That was quite cool seeing
50 something cars on track at once. That will be a good view when its
aired on tv in a week or 2.

Judd V10 was my favorite of the weekend.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 06:41 (Ref:3590747)   #65
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Yea the 14 Lowenbrau was out there I think for Thurs. nite practice
as well as Friday. There were so many cars that it was hard to keep
track of . I noticed a good many cars were not on the original entry
list but showed up anyhow. I think that's the nature of Historics ie: Last minute prep, driver teams, spare parts, etc.

Did you see the Trans Am race Sat. a.m. That was quite cool seeing
50 something cars on track at once. That will be a good view when its
aired on tv in a week or 2.

Judd V10 was my favorite of the weekend.
Yeah the Judds sound sweeeet, not only in the Pescarolos, but also the Riley&Scott that was running in the group before them.

The Trans Am race was entertaining. I wish the top class didn't run mufflers though. they're way too quiet. I missed that big pileup at the kink because I was looking right while it was happening to the left so I guess I'll have to wait for the broadcast to see what happened there.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3590750)   #66
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Here's my video of the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa2F0yCHEf4
Old 16 Nov 2015, 11:14 (Ref:3590786)   #67
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah the Judds sound sweeeet, not only in the Pescarolos, but also the Riley&Scott that was running in the group before them.

The Trans Am race was entertaining. I wish the top class didn't run mufflers though. they're way too quiet. I missed that big pileup at the kink because I was looking right while it was happening to the left so I guess I'll have to wait for the broadcast to see what happened there.
I was in the stands at the Western Horseshoe. When all those cars took to the grass it looked like a civil war calvary charge! The final results pdf at the
TransAm website had over 60 cars in the final. With 3 classes mixied in it
was truly a "whose on first?" trying to figure out the leaders. They might want to adopt some sort of ALMS lighting system.

Really awesome and well edited video! Thanks!
Old 16 Nov 2015, 11:28 (Ref:3590788)   #68
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing ALMS cars is kinda of sad, it sort of a "what could've been" moment.

Thanks for the videos Lanky.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3590860)   #69
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Love that car, the ACEMCO Motorsports livery/Saleen combo was thoroughly awesome. And they were very competitive against the Vettes in '05. Glad it's still out there and running on tracks.

Quote:
Anyways, there was a day when all participants looked fab!

C6.R GT1 and DBR9, two more of my all time favorites.
Wish I'd been able to see all these cars in person.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3590862)   #70
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Here's my video of the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa2F0yCHEf4
Awesome.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3590865)   #71
Deleted
Veteran

Cool thanks Lanky.

I do wish we had seen Saleen in States after the start of 2006 too though, as Kondrad's entry for Sebring 06 was the last wasn't it? Atlas efx S7-R was originally entered for PLM 2010 but was later withdrawn, and Larbre didn't bother to show up despite it being ILMC round
Old 16 Nov 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3590883)   #72
AFC-911
Racer

AFC-911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Dyson 962s sat in the garage, I never saw the Coke/Bob Akin 962, the Matra managed 1 pace lap I think, the Greenwood Corvette didn't make it out.
The Matra ran the night race.

Sadly, I missed the Dyson 962 and the RS Spyder...
Old 16 Nov 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3590887)   #73
AFC-911
Racer

AFC-911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's some of my pics from Saturday night:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e46052e297

Couldn't stay since the kid was getting restless.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3590914)   #74
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFC-911 View Post
Here's some of my pics from Saturday night:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e46052e297

Couldn't stay since the kid was getting restless.
Excellent photos!
Old 16 Nov 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3590924)   #75
canamman
Veteran

United States
Solid work AFC. Really enjoyed the paddocks pics. Thanks!