Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Apr 2017, 04:01 (Ref:3725679)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[VASC17R5R6] WD40 SuperSprint, Phillip Island: 21-23 Apr

Only 2 weeks since the circus was in Tasmania, turning beautifully crafted pieces of machinery into big, crinkled, expensive piles of junk...

Some big work on before the round..

Tekno with a car and driver to rebuild..
BJR with a main game & two Dunlop cars to rebuild..
NisMoAu with a car to rebuild..
LDM with two cars to rebuild..

And three of those (#3,#15,#19) may have met their last race track!

Plus rebuilding the spare parts supply like GRM.. they cant have any spare panels left...!

Back to more fun things..

Who will win at a track that focuses on grunt and superior handling balance? The usual suspects in 888 & DJRTP should be near the front...

Who else will surprise.. BJR may, one or more of the prodrive army...

Is there a smokey out there?

And who will drive #3 this round...?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Apr 2017, 04:27 (Ref:3725683)   #2
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJRTP have shown now that what they are doing is no Fluke !
I expect them and 888 to figure well
Old 12 Apr 2017, 05:26 (Ref:3725685)   #3
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't go past Penske, it's all aero efficiency and balance at PI and they're clearly on top of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2017, 05:42 (Ref:3725687)   #4
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scotty Mac dominated with 2 poles and 2 wins last year in the Volvo, so it will be interesting how that form translates to DJRTP this year. Coulthard and Pye both scored a 3rd and a failure last year, so I expect DJRTP to continue their good results. Will also be interesting to see how far down the ladder GRM goes this year with the Commodores.

Frosty qualified 3rd for both races, with a 5th and a 2nd in the end results; Chaz did not have a good weekend with a 2nd in qually for the first race being his best result.

888 weren't in top form, although Whincup qualified 4th/2nd, and finished 2nd/4th.

I expect RBHRT and DJRTP to be duking it out for the podiums, with Frosty and Chaz potentially getting in there as well. The rest to be fighting it out down the field. Tyre wear could be interesting, with Pye, Mostert and Waters all getting punctures last year. Hope the Ford teams understand the new tyres ...
Old 12 Apr 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3725710)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

The TanderBanana lives on...
Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3725732)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be interesting to hear from Mr Courtney how competitive it is.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3725769)   #7
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another livery change coming up, for Mr Percat.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3725827)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Lucky he seems to scratch the car each round, so the decals need to be replaced anyway
Old 12 Apr 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3725831)   #9
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Any deets on the new sponsor? Tekno is another one without a announced primary sponsor and I'd expect Taz to continue in #3
Old 12 Apr 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3725832)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

He has not had a good run.

Perhaps the Joneses should mention that the car is tight on budget?
Old 12 Apr 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3725833)   #11
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Any deets on the new sponsor? Tekno is another one without a announced primary sponsor and I'd expect Taz to continue in #3
Exisitng sponsor. Car will be black and yellow, is the word I'm getting.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3725834)   #12
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Exisitng sponsor. Car will be black and yellow, is the word I'm getting.
Alliance Truck Parts maybe then? They sponsored the #14 entry at Townsville last season whilst sponsoring the #8
Old 14 Apr 2017, 05:40 (Ref:3726261)   #13
Umai Naa
Veteran

According to Ms Crehan's Instagram, the #19 car is being repaired.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3726265)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
According to Ms Crehan's Instagram, the #19 car is being repaired.

...a bit in the middle is missing...
Old 14 Apr 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3726271)   #15
Umai Naa
Veteran

The missing left side A and B pillar, and turret assemblies suggests these are already fitted to the vehicle.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 00:02 (Ref:3726480)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 15 Apr 2017, 05:25 (Ref:3726501)   #17
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best to save it for Bathurst.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 05:29 (Ref:3726502)   #18
Umai Naa
Veteran

Even to this day, I'm not used to seeing the Ozemail Falcons, right-side up.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3726538)   #19
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In the track schedule on Supercars website it lists "support categories". Anyone know what they might be. No doubt Supercars are waiting for the highest bidding category however it seems ridiculous to have F4 travelling all the way to WA instead of providing a bit of variety on a weekend at PI where every race seems to have the same type of cars competing.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 03:53 (Ref:3727249)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Getting closer...

Old 17 Apr 2017, 04:44 (Ref:3727255)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 17 Apr 2017, 04:46 (Ref:3727256)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Mr Davison still isn't looking too flash...
Old 17 Apr 2017, 04:57 (Ref:3727259)   #23
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
In the track schedule on Supercars website it lists "support categories". Anyone know what they might be. No doubt Supercars are waiting for the highest bidding category however it seems ridiculous to have F4 travelling all the way to WA instead of providing a bit of variety on a weekend at PI where every race seems to have the same type of cars competing.
This Speedcafe article last year mentioned that the V8 Utes were supposed to be running at this weekend's meeting, however I suspect they may have called that off and they haven't got a replacement series or something like that. It seems strange they haven't confirmed a category when the event is supposed to start in four days.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/12/04/...8-utes-finale/
Old 17 Apr 2017, 05:36 (Ref:3727261)   #24
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Anyone know what sponsors/liveries will be onboard for cars #3 and #19? Thanks

Last edited by PS2244; 17 Apr 2017 at 05:44.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3727264)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....