Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Jun 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3738234)   #26
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Am I wrong for being surprised by Lexus' pace?
Chris
I was surprised last time, and someone (I think TF 110) pointed out that the Lexi have been tearing it up in GT Open.

Apparently it is a really strong car (with just a tad of factory support, perhaps ... ) which hasn't been well-served by the team so far. They keep getting close ... it is bound to happen.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 21:45 (Ref:3738235)   #27
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I was surprised last time, and someone (I think TF 110) pointed out that the Lexi have been tearing it up in GT Open.

Apparently it is a really strong car (with just a tad of factory support, perhaps ... ) which hasn't been well-served by the team so far. They keep getting close ... it is bound to happen.
Fair point, well made... to quote Mr. Hindhaugh.

Chris
Old 2 Jun 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3738237)   #28
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Ricky's set the fastest lap and then binned it four corners later.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3738239)   #29
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
BOP seems to have made some difference in qualifying, as highest Cadillac is 5th with the VFR Riley/Gibson on pole.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3738241)   #30
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
BOP seems to have made some difference in qualifying, as highest Cadillac is 5th with the VFR Riley/Gibson on pole.
The result is somewhat misleading seeing as the session was stopped rather early. Taylor's best lap (that was subsequently struck off) was a couple of tenths faster than the eventual pole. Had the session run green then I think the Cadillacs would have got to the top.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3738245)   #31
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Suspiciously timed red flag there!
Old 3 Jun 2017, 00:47 (Ref:3738249)   #32
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The article on IMSA.com says AXR will be starting on pole as the grid is set by points mind the car who caused the Red

Last edited by joeb; 3 Jun 2017 at 02:02.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 01:29 (Ref:3738250)   #33
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Another reason not to like street circuits. They barely missed the cutoff for it to be an official session. Would the ACO do the same for Le Mans or a WEC race? At least there if you don't make a flyer, you start where ever what time you did get would put you, including the back of the field if you didn't get a time.

At least I think that both series have in their sprint races at least that if you cause the yellow or red flag you get a grid penalty, usually to the back of the class.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 03:19 (Ref:3738255)   #34
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Another reason not to like street circuits.
That had nothing to do with it being a street ciruit. As understand it qualifying was the last even f the day ...IndyCar at least was done so IMSA they could have run long. For whatever reason they chose not to.

Fine if you don't like street circuits, but don't let it make you irrational.

I could say "I hate road courses because on road courses officials give out BS penalties. Based on the first to races of this series (2014) that would be a defensible (if inane statement,) using the logic you use.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 03:49 (Ref:3738257)   #35
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Long Beach was a cluster and Detroit will probably be worse. At least if this was the WEC or if people respected local yellows, the session could've at least concluded.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 06:38 (Ref:3738266)   #36
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looks like they got that NSX hooked up. I hope they can challenge for the win.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3738324)   #37
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Looks like they got that NSX hooked up. I hope they can challenge for the win.
Yes. for some reason I like them much better than the Lexi

Plus I like MSR a lot and Rocketsports has an ... interesting history .....
Old 3 Jun 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3738325)   #38
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes. for some reason I like them much better than the Lexi

Plus I like MSR a lot and Rocketsports has an ... interesting history .....
The Lexus is incredibly sexy, but I can't pull for Scott Pruett or gentillozi. The other car I don't mind seeing do well, but I'm like you, I like the Acura team better.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3738326)   #39
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Am I right, that the only televised coverage of the race is fs2? (which of course I don't get)........
Old 3 Jun 2017, 14:51 (Ref:3738330)   #40
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
The Lexus is incredibly sexy, but I can't pull for Scott Pruett or gentillozi. The other car I don't mind seeing do well, but I'm like you, I like the Acura team better.
I have no issue with Pruett, but I'm not impressed with the stories I'm reading these days about Paul. He was supremely nice to me and my family in the Trans-Am era, so it's hard to imagine what's being written is true, and yet the RHR lawsuit hangs over his head, too.

Chris
Old 3 Jun 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3738331)   #41
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Am I right, that the only televised coverage of the race is fs2? (which of course I don't get)........
it might be on Fox Sports Go ... if you get that .... I think it is also on Fubo ... and you can get a free one-week subscription.

I might have to watch it later on YouTube anyway ... it is my day off so my wife has work for me.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3738334)   #42
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
it might be on Fox Sports Go ... if you get that .... I think it is also on Fubo ... and you can get a free one-week subscription.

I might have to watch it later on YouTube anyway ... it is my day off so my wife has work for me.
I'll try FSGo, and also a certain link that was posted that worked for the last race, but if anyone has other means, I'm all ears. Never heard of Fubo.

They make it hard, don't they?

My dad ranted about it last night. Asked how the hell he can get curling on tv but not every IMSA race. Lol, it was a good little rant.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3738335)   #43
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I have no issue with Pruett, but I'm not impressed with the stories I'm reading these days about Paul. He was supremely nice to me and my family in the Trans-Am era, so it's hard to imagine what's being written is true, and yet the RHR lawsuit hangs over his head, too.

Chris
The RHR lawsuit is most of what I've heard negative about him. His handling of it sure looks shady. To be fair though, RHR comes across petty in all that as well. They've both probably spent as much fighting it than the settlement or initial judgment was for anyway. Man, lawyers are crooks....
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3738337)   #44
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Man, lawyers are crooks....

But as long as there are rules, there will be those who look for ways round them.

Race broadcast should be starting in 5 mins.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3738339)   #45
RWill2073
Veteran

....And the hunt for links begins, lol. This is crazy that it's this difficult to watch a race.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3738340)   #46
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Not that difficult when you get all the channels.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3738341)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know where everybody is, but -

http://www.radiolemans.co/imsa-live-video-stream/

This is working on my Xbox, but not my PC amazingly.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3738344)   #48
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still after all this time IMSA still can't get streaming right. What's happened with motorsport TV too? They've shown the IMSA races live this year and yet today, no coverage 🙈
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3738346)   #49
RWill2073
Veteran

Yep. I'm out. Guess they don't want viewers. Such a joke.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3738347)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't know where everybody is, but -

http://www.radiolemans.co/imsa-live-video-stream/

This is working on my Xbox, but not my PC amazingly.
If only that worked in the US!