Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Apr 2003, 21:17 (Ref:575144)   #26
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bush_writer
At the end of the day way would people pay for something they get on itv.

thats the whole point......it was something we didnt get on ITV........

Come on guys.......open your eyes.....F1 digital+ has gone and ITV get the better camera's etc ....yet ITV still cant even show all the saturday qualifing session LIVE !!.......and when they do they cant even show the press conference afterwards...

With Bernievision , we got every session live.....if we were at work , we didnt have to watch it , but if we got the chance , we could listen to Montoya call Kimi "A Fu**ing idiot " whislt on a qulaifing run.......whislt watching it onboard as well.......the timing screens were great .

You cant use excuses for ITV giving cr*p coverage........they give bad coverage because ITV havent really got there heart in it , not becasue Bernievision was its rival ....

But Sky did have their heart in it , and it was a top class product they gave us .....

Last edited by Sato san; 20 Apr 2003 at 21:21.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 10:25 (Ref:575448)   #27
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"You cant use excuses for ITV giving cr*p coverage........they give bad coverage because ITV havent really got there heart in it , not becasue Bernievision was its rival"

ABSOLUTE rubbish. They gave the coverage they were ALLOWED to give, no more, no less. As a result those of us not blessed with Murdoch-vision had to put up with coverage that REGRESSED in quality from previous years. Audiences turned off in their droves. Digital "PLUS" was (thankfully) abandoned, hopefully for good.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 14:33 (Ref:575633)   #28
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan

ABSOLUTE rubbish. They gave the coverage they were ALLOWED to give, no more, no less.
thats is surley a joke right ? Are you saying that ITV were not allowed to show Saturday qualifing live at the Brazilain GP ?

I think Sato was right , ITV have never really had the enthusiam needed for producing F1 coverage ( Brundle now being the exception ) . The ITV management have gave us completley rubbish coverage and im not talking about camera angles . Im talking about actually wanting to show a qualifing session Live , or show a press conference .

ITV suck , Your point about them losing some camera's to Digital is correct , as that made them look even worse , and that wasnt their fault . But they dont have the passion needed to cover F1 , and it would be better if they paid Sky to do it on their behalf and then broadcast the show on ITV , as Sky do actually understand what covering F1 really means .

Last edited by Mygale; 21 Apr 2003 at 14:35.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 19:51 (Ref:575869)   #29
Tristan
Veteran

"thats is surley a joke right ? Are you saying that ITV were not allowed to show Saturday qualifing live at the Brazilain GP?"

Um. NO. You're missing my point. I'm talking camera angles and general quality of coverage. Besides, what's an ITV scheduler going to do, put on an F1 qualifying session for the thousands that watch that or run Coronation Street for the 20 million hunchbacks that chose to subject themselves to such televisual garbage?? And what would the advertisers have to say about a 19 million-drop in viewing figures??

Different discussion altogether.

It's not about "passion", it's about airtime avalible.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 21:51 (Ref:575945)   #30
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to disagree , but i respect your point .

But , if were talking about Coronation Street , then they should put F1 on ITV2 instead.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 21:59 (Ref:575950)   #31
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly. Hell, they even refused to show the Aus friday qualifying live at four in the moring on either ITV channel, choosing instead to show an Emerdale omnibus of the previous weeks episodes. Who the hell is going to be watching that?
Old 21 Apr 2003, 23:00 (Ref:575991)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Eh?
I thought all the qualifying sessions from Australia were live... ?
Old 22 Apr 2003, 06:45 (Ref:576158)   #33
rodrigomarban
Racer

rodrigomarban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I would like that the digital coverage was offered in every single country. Here in Mexico all I get is a terrestrial coverage with a guy named Tony Rivera as the narrator; he knows absolutely nothing about F1, he really sucks!
Old 22 Apr 2003, 07:52 (Ref:576192)   #34
bush_writer
Rookie

bush_writer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mygale
Have to disagree , but i respect your point .

But , if were talking about Coronation Street , then they should put F1 on ITV2 instead.
To be honest I doubt the contract would allow them it to be shown on itv2 these contracts are usssaly channel specfic.

***Bush***
Old 22 Apr 2003, 11:49 (Ref:576349)   #35
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need the sky channel back like alot of people on this thread have already said any time a wheel turned it was live with the added bonus of no add breaks. The problem is that ITV dont see F1 as there priority in there programm timetables I think we will see the effect of this again on the coverage of the Canadian gp and also the USA gp. As for as ITV are concerned prime time and F1 just dont go together
Old 22 Apr 2003, 13:12 (Ref:576436)   #36
Tristan
Veteran

"ITV dont see F1 as there priority in there programm timetables I think we will see the effect of this again on the coverage of the Canadian gp and also the USA gp"

Which, frankly, is fair enough. The fact is that MOST people prefer that fat woman on You've Been Framed!! Again!! to F1 qualifying. We live in a democracy. Tough tits. I have a video recorder. I can cope with that.