Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2852959)   #51
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
But, in fairness, Rubens had Michael. Massa didn't (well, when he nearly won the title anyway... He had a disgruntled Kimi).

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2852960)   #52
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
That's a fair point, but I still don't think Felipe is useless. You don't win 11 Grands Prix if you're a bad driver.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2852964)   #53
kylekosir
Rookie

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
kylekosir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
That's a fair point, but I still don't think Felipe is useless. You don't win 11 Grands Prix if you're a bad driver.
I agree there.. unfortunately I was racing at the time of the incident when Massa was hospitalized back in Hungary. He is a good driver, just don't think hes been the same ever since.

But its a new season, and lots of exciting stuff. So i'll give him a chance again
Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2852976)   #54
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSRSR View Post
Freezing my nuts off in the pit straight stand. Just had a few cars complete about 3 laps after the chequered was given for practice 2, SC boards and yellows then went out, drivers continued at pace. Odd!

cmotd is correct, kind of. They have a new system that when the SC is deployed, drivers must decelerate, and push a button on the steering wheel that activates a throttle limiter of sorts, restricting cars to about 80% They have a certain time after the call is made to go hit that button, the test after Prac2 was to make sure that it actually worked before they tried to use it in a race
Old 25 Mar 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2852990)   #55
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Perez banged in a lot of laps and it worked, he's done very well!
Old 25 Mar 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2853042)   #56
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Perez banged in a lot of laps and it worked, he's done very well!
Looks good for a rookie and will no doubt push Kamui for pace during the season, will be interesting to see where he is on the grid after Quali.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2853063)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's see what the qualifying session brings !
Old 25 Mar 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2853082)   #58
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why am I not surprised to see Mclaren up there.

Serial sandbaggers.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2853120)   #59
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great circuit summary, Frostie. I am really looking forward to this Sunday's race. Hoping for lots of pitstops (2 to 3) to spice it up a bit. Hey we might have some decent overtaking as well(fingers crossed!). Maybe McLaren will qualify badly and race their way through the field? Anyway, roll on Sunday.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2853180)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekosir View Post
I agree there.. unfortunately I was racing at the time of the incident when Massa was hospitalized back in Hungary. He is a good driver, just don't think hes been the same ever since.

But its a new season, and lots of exciting stuff. So i'll give him a chance again

Totally agree, I don't think he's been the same.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2853257)   #61
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like no TV station will broadcast F1 over here...
Old 25 Mar 2011, 22:24 (Ref:2853268)   #62
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Hate to say it, but is it only me that thinks Massa might have lost something since Hungary 2009? You look back at some of those drives in 2008 and even vs Schumacher/Kimi the previous two seasons, and he really did used to have a sparkle that was almost completely absent last season.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2853289)   #63
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
Hate to say it, but is it only me that thinks Massa might have lost something since Hungary 2009? You look back at some of those drives in 2008 and even vs Schumacher/Kimi the previous two seasons, and he really did used to have a sparkle that was almost completely absent last season.
Martin Brundle, Eddie Jordan and DC all agree with you, I saw it on the BBC online 2011 preview shows
Old 25 Mar 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2853301)   #64
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Why am I not surprised to see Mclaren up there.

Serial sandbaggers.
Nothing wrong with sandbagging.....it's classic F1 gamesmenship.

Ron (the Jedi Master) has taught Martin (the young apprentice) well!! Interview yesterday with Whitmarsh showed his "Ronspeak" at it's best.

With so many F1 rules now transparent, at least it's one thing teams can still play.......if you're good at it.

Old 25 Mar 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2853303)   #65
cmotd
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oran Park Forever View Post
Nothing wrong with sandbagging.....it's classic F1 gamesmenship.

Ron (the Jedi Master) has taught Martin (the young apprentice) well!! Interview yesterday with Whitmarsh showed his "Ronspeak" at it's best.

With so many F1 rules now transparent, at least it's one thing teams can still play.......if you're good at it.
actually i think it was just the timing of the rain we'll know for sure later today i guess
Old 26 Mar 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2853319)   #66
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wasn't refering to individual sessions, races or results. In the broader sense, sandbagging is a fine art that has been practiced by some of the best in the sport. Without it, F1 would be like playing poker with double sided cards...

& yeah the soft drink mobiles still have the edge anyway ....ATM.

Old 26 Mar 2011, 01:24 (Ref:2853322)   #67
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
1.5hrs to go to Practice 3!! Remember the chatroom guys

10 Tenth Chatroom

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 01:56 (Ref:2853325)   #68
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Daniel Ricciardo: A breath of fresh air!

Perfect example of a driver (make that 'racer') who let's his results speak for him, not his ego.

A champion many times over already, first time at Melbourne, all but matched his team mates times. He will go far........

Interview this morning, looks totally grounded with his place in F1. On the grid this time next year no doubt.

Old 26 Mar 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2853327)   #69
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is not ready for this one? Aussie ain't about to start overthrowing there government so, looks like this is a go for Sunday. Most of the vid streams have had to reconfigure during the last year. Here is one I know will be carrying the paractice at least: http://www.vipstand.me plus speed tv is advertising a live video stream of practice 3 at 11 pm Eastern Standard Time USA.03/25/2011. That is 3am GMT 03/26/2011.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 02:30 (Ref:2853329)   #70
cmotd
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oran Park Forever View Post
Perfect example of a driver (make that 'racer') who let's his results speak for him, not his ego.
ego! that's an interesting subject to bring up... hmm, i wonder how big your ego has to be to honestly beleive that you know more about running a Formula 1 team than the guys who just took Red Bull to the constructors championship in just 6 years?
Old 26 Mar 2011, 05:38 (Ref:2853344)   #71
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I do miss Robert Kubica. Please let him come back as good as new.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 05:49 (Ref:2853345)   #72
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hear hear, Strider.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 05:52 (Ref:2853346)   #73
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Loved the bit with Jenson there on the BBC.

So personable.

It's good to hear Martin as lead commentator. I've wanted this for years. Or at least a mixture of roles for him, which is how I think it may work out.

Last edited by Born Racer; 26 Mar 2011 at 05:58.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2853357)   #74
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I do miss Robert Kubica. Please let him come back as good as new.
It's okay. Nick Heidfeld is as good, if not better. Erm...
Old 26 Mar 2011, 07:08 (Ref:2853364)   #75
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Great to see Hamilton split the Red Bulls. It gives us some hope that it isn't going to be a total walkover for the boys from Milton Keynes, Austria. Vettel absolutely stormed it, mind.