Trulli 0 0%
Glock 0 0%
d'Ambrosio 0 0%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Mar 2011, 06:12 (Ref:2853863)   #1
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Driver of the race - Australian GP 2011

Ladies & gentlemen, place your votes.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 07:33 (Ref:2853936)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Petrov gets my DOTR vote for the second race running. Who'd have thought he'd step up like this in Kubica's absence? Vettel comes a very close second. Untouchable all weekend, and made a clinical move on Button when time was of the essence, seeing off Hamilton's challenge.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2853939)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis; a solid drive.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2853940)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Top drives from Lewis and Sebastian.

Vitaly was excellent and so was Sergio.

I'm giving it to Perez because it was his debut.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2853941)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perez or Petrov. Perez for me.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2853946)   #6
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Vettel and Hamilton did well but it was between Petrov and Perez for me.

I gave it to Petrov because that was a very mature performance and one that noone could have seen coming. He utterly dominated Heidfeld over the course of the weekend.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2853949)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching live timing so didn't actually see the race (at least not yet). However Perez seems to be a great find and would have got my vote, if Petrov hadn't stepped up to the plate (as they say).

So Petrov for me. Let's hope it's the continuation of his form at the end of last year.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 07:58 (Ref:2853959)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think ultimately the two who most impressed were Petrov and Hamilton.

Lewis made the most of qualifying and the race with various problems.

Petrov stepped up as I thought he would this year but a podium? Amazing. He gets my vote.

Special mention to Perez too, of course. In the words of James Allen, a snorter of a drive.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 27 Mar 2011 at 08:03.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2853962)   #9
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perez for me. Webber was complaining about his softer tyres after 9 laps (excluding his qualifying laps he'd done on those, ofc).
Perez did 36 laps on them, and was still competitive at the end of it.

also, mentioning d'Ambrosio, for not making a fool of himself like the last belgian to start a grand prix.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 08:16 (Ref:2853975)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perez, solid drive, points, 1 stop, long stint on softs. Quality drive and hopefully he'll continue to deliver.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2853991)   #11
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Perez for his first race and on a one stopper and beating his highly respected teammate.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2853994)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Petrov for mine - great to see someone stepping up and surprising the "experts".
Old 27 Mar 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2853996)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A good surprise to see Petrov perform well above expectations so he gets my votw
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2854017)   #14
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petrov for me with a special mention for Perez. Great debut.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2854018)   #15
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a thing for spectacular rookies so I wanted to vote Perez, but it has to be Petrov. Fantastic drive, and hopefully he can keep it up. I quite like Petrov and would love to see him bounce back from a troubled start to his career.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2854019)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Sergio Perez. An extraordinary début, especially with the tyre conservation.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2854022)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Petrov gets my DOTR vote for the second race running. Who'd have thought he'd step up like this in Kubica's absence? Vettel comes a very close second. Untouchable all weekend, and made a clinical move on Button when time was of the essence, seeing off Hamilton's challenge.
A move which, having seen the replay with Martin Brundle, was clearly illegal!
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:09 (Ref:2854024)   #18
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perez gets my vote.
He beat his team mate and made points with just one stop in his premier race.

Petrovs performance was pretty good also. Hamilton and Vettel with top drives? Come on both just did what they were expected to do and not a bit above that
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2854027)   #19
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, Petrov. I'm surprised to only see Vettel mentioned once (zero votes thus far...). He's the obvious choice for driver of the weekend, though. Perez had a great debut.

Dishonorable mention to Massa, Webber and the guy who kidnapped Button and drove his car for the first stint.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2854044)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
How seriously can we take these threads when Webber has more votes than Vettel LMFAO

On any other day, Petrov would have got it had it not been for the brilliant drive by Perez.

Honourary mention to Vettel - peerless today!
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2854046)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Doh, can a mod alter my vote, i put Petrov in when i meant Perez.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2854048)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Doh, can a mod alter my vote, i put Petrov in when i meant Perez.
Done.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2854057)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
Thanks Peter.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2854059)   #24
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Love this quote from Perez:
Quote:
I will never forget this race, that is certain. After we changed from the hard to the soft tyres, I thought at first I had to push. But then I realised I could manage the tyres quite well and we decided to go to the end with them. I lost some time behind Sebastian Vettel, but I was then able to overtake him. I used the rear wing and he also left room. I am very proud of my team, the strategy worked and it was a nice surprise the tyres lasted so long. I want to thank everybody, especially in Mexico, who helped me to get into Formula One.
Certainly not overawed, but not cocky either.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 10:15 (Ref:2854062)   #25
petergb
Rookie

England
hants
petergb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been watching Perez for a couple of years now as a driver with potential. This drive confirms it. Very good performance by Petrov made me think a while. I cannot vote for anyone who goes around pushing his finger up everyone's nose.