Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
0.005s = canter?.....
When you believe that RB were sandbagging the 0.005 sec are at a canter indeed
Old 8 Apr 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2860562)   #27
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Well, since there is, at this stage, no evidence one way or the other that they were sandbagging, then my point stands.

My thoughts (and LH by all accounts) are that they *probably* hiding a few tenths, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Just a thought, but perhaps Mclaren were sandbagging? No evidence for that either.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2860573)   #28
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
seems like Red Bull also has some brake issues

"Who upset Luscious Liz? She's fuming!"
Old 8 Apr 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2860657)   #29
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
"Who upset Luscious Liz? She's fuming!"
isn't "she" named Kinky Kylie this year??
Old 8 Apr 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2860678)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least at Melbourne she was
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/03/2...-qualifying-6/
Old 9 Apr 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2860718)   #31
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senna only 3rd fastest in FP2?
Old 9 Apr 2011, 04:45 (Ref:2860760)   #32
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't miss to join into 10 Tenth Chatroom for FP3 and Qualifying later.

Please be aware that a client software such as mirc, icechat and similar gives you an advantage over connecting through the webchat above.

Old 9 Apr 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2860773)   #33
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why can I not enter the Predictions Contest? There's half an hour till qualifying.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2860786)   #34
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everyone within 107%.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2860788)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber struggled there. Bit close...
Old 9 Apr 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2860790)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Boom! Headshot from Rosberg!

McLaren looking alright. Watch Red Bull suddenly find three seconds in Q3.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2860800)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Good session!

Hamilton and Vettel in a class of their own.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2860801)   #38
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Annoying German kid does it again.

What a disappointing result.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2860802)   #39
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best shoot out for a while
Old 9 Apr 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2860811)   #40
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see that Mclaren can get close to the Red Bulls and take the fight to them, will be a interesting race tommorow I think. As has been said though Hamilton and Vettel are in a class of their own, I dont think Webber and Button will be far behind but unless either of them gets ahead at the start I think it will be a 2 horse race.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2860828)   #41
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great fight in qually, lets hope it continues in the race. Does anyone know what Red Bull's KERS situation is? It sounded from Vettel's comments that they have it fully up to speed now
Old 9 Apr 2011, 11:24 (Ref:2860839)   #42
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
...t I think it will be a 2 horse race.
Me too. Webber and Button are sword-bearers in this game. Webber can position himself to hinder Hamilton coming back from the pitstops and Button can play a similar game on Vettel but thats about it.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2860900)   #43
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Annoying German kid does it again.

What a disappointing result.
THis was different to normal though. Usually it's a case of "Oh here comes Vettel again to grab pole by 7 tenths. Oh yes, there he goes. Yawn"

But with Mclarens looking a match for the RBR team this weekend, it was genuinely exciting! And although I would have rather Lewis get pole, I can't begrudge Vettel what was a great lap.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2860905)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
isn't "she" named Kinky Kylie this year??
Yes, because she has a well packaged rear end.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2860913)   #45
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those that followed the 'Vettel is the new Mansell' thread, I bring you the 2011 Malaysian GP grid.

I wish....

Sorry, could not resist .
Old 9 Apr 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2860931)   #46
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
OK, so they were sandbagging at 0.1s (at least, one of them was, the other at -ve 0.2s)

My mistake.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 01:14 (Ref:2861094)   #47
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
OK, so they were sandbagging at 0.1s (at least, one of them was, the other at -ve 0.2s)

My mistake.
why would anyone sandbag during the practice session of a race? i don't see any point to it. the teams don't have enough time as it is to get all their testing done, let alone worry about playing games. if you have a theory please mention it

pretty shocking kwali from Williams, 15th & 18th!
Old 10 Apr 2011, 03:26 (Ref:2861108)   #48
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
For those that followed the 'Vettel is the new Mansell' thread, I bring you the 2011 Malaysian GP grid.

I wish....

Sorry, could not resist .
So does this mean that Alonso will be fired from Ferrari at the end of the season?
Old 10 Apr 2011, 05:53 (Ref:2861126)   #49
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Remember to join us for the live chat during the race guys!
10 Tenths Chatroom

Please be aware that a client software such as mirc, icechat and similar gives you an advantage over connecting through the webchat above.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 05:56 (Ref:2861128)   #50
colt513
Rookie

colt513 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Streaming?

Hi, does anyone know where I can catch a live stream of this race?

My dorm room does not get Speed... =(