Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Sep 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3766348)   #1
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CSCC at Donington Park 2017

Few from Donington Park, wasn't raining all the time which made a nice change. Had the added joy of a loose very painful tooth which started on Friday, come Sunday couldn't take it anymore so borrowed a set of small forceps and pulled it out - hard not to scream like a girl BUT so much better afterwards.

Usual hand held 'go to' set up for this weekend, 1DX mkII 70-200 2.8 mkII with mkIII 1.4 extender

Bit of a backfire when trying to restart

Racing for the pot of gold

Numero uno

4 wheel drive - yes please

You can see why the drivers in the last two races struggled to see their pit boards

WAAAAYY too many to keep posting up so - if your really at a loose end then feel free to check the rest out here:

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Thanks for looking, critique as always is appreciated - good or bad

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 12 Sep 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3766367)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Don't know about pit boards - I almost didn't see the (very soggy) chequered flag.......and was passed by a Porsche on the slow-down lap who admitted he hadn't seen it at all!

Good selection of pics as usual, David - it looks even wetter than I remembered it! Will place an order once I've decided which to have Problem with a small grid - you get to take more pics of each competitor
Old 12 Sep 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3766380)   #3
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Don't know about pit boards - I almost didn't see the (very soggy) chequered flag.......and was passed by a Porsche on the slow-down lap who admitted he hadn't seen it at all!

Good selection of pics as usual, David - it looks even wetter than I remembered it! Will place an order once I've decided which to have Problem with a small grid - you get to take more pics of each competitor
Thank you kind sir, trust me - it was VERY wet at times -you are correct about more photo's, sorry - every meeting I tell myself I will take less and guess what. . . . don't listen to myself at all.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 12 Sep 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3766389)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did it ever make it to the full lake at the Esses David?

Nice atmospheric shots there. If one can survive the weather without the mind going dim there are often great opportunities as you clearly know.

That said, I'm sorry I missed the event but not sorry to have avoided the rain.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 00:15 (Ref:3766415)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Did it ever make it to the full lake at the Esses David?

Nice atmospheric shots there. If one can survive the weather without the mind going dim there are often great opportunities as you clearly know.

That said, I'm sorry I missed the event but not sorry to have avoided the rain.
It wasn't a full lake but the inside of the second (left-hand) part of the chicane was a bit deeper than I thought when I hit it once (David has quite a good shot of it!). There was a small river across the track at the left hand of the Craner curves........