Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jun 2023, 10:56 (Ref:4160677)   #1
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
MG & Triumph 100 at Silverstone this weekend.

Major celebrations at Silverstone and bumper grids and warm weather.
Who is going?
Old 8 Jun 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4160684)   #2
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have an Elan out running in the Equipe Libre race.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 07:45 (Ref:4163291)   #3
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
A great weekend with lots of visitors. Big grids as well although on the GP circuit they quickly get spread out. I think one the the MMM cars only got 4 laps in in a 20 minute race.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4163364)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I did the California Cup autotest, bit of a shadow of its former self being run in the main arena and under time pressure but still great fun. It was worth it because the major Club autotest was in plain view of visitors and hopefully seeing so many everyday cars being used in competition will encourage some new competitors.

It was my first such event for nearly 30 years so I was a bit rusty and the ZR isn't the best ever vehicle for this, also remembering this is genuinely the wife's shopping car. Managed to win the class which is a real hoot.

Much fewer trade stands/autojumbles, presumably indicative of the Real World where the internet dominates.

Brilliant atmosphere as ever though, meeting people from all round the world and Facebook. Friendly and fun. My first MG Car Club International Weekend must have been 1972 or so, it's all changed a bit since then.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk