Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2018, 15:40 (Ref:3872826)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
VSCC Formula Vintage Round 5

VSCC final 'Formula Vintage' event, to include 500cc F3s.
Old 29 Dec 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3872972)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never seen VSCC at Brands so it should be quite an event hopefully.
Old 19 Aug 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3923392)   #3
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Yes indeed ; I am there for CSCC on Sun/Mon but I hope to catch some of the VSCC action when I arrive on Saturday afternoon from Up North
Old 19 Aug 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3923397)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I’m wondering if our delta is there with the 500s?

Edit- No, even he would have difficulty being at Brands and Oulton on the same day.....
Old 19 Aug 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3923403)   #5
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had been looking forward to going to this but the timetable on both the VSCC and Brands website shows the morning given over to sprint sessions then qualifying and only 6 races in the afternoon. No mention of 500s or the promised Edwardians race. It all looks very thin entertainment for the ticket price and the long trip so I will give it a miss. CSCC on Monday looks a lot more pleasing.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3923785)   #6
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I had been looking forward to going to this but the timetable on both the VSCC and Brands website shows the morning given over to sprint sessions then qualifying and only 6 races in the afternoon. No mention of 500s or the promised Edwardians race.
Likewise, but Brands Hatch's publicity still refers to the Edwardians. Right and left hand spring to mind...…..

Apparently the VSCC 85th anniversary celebration week failed to materialise.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3923854)   #7
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the VSCC's anniversary plan fell to bits and what is left is the stub of the VSCC's first ever (I think) racing visit to Brands. Not their finest hour. I'll be there spectating, tho' Indy is not my favourite circuit - reasonable for spectating even so.
Nick
Old 24 Aug 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3923986)   #8
j w davies
Rookie

j w davies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was looking forward to popping down to this, but with the minimal amount of racing, I haven't bothered.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 06:33 (Ref:3924792)   #9
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
As I hinted on another thread , the gap between hype and reality was near actionable. I have no complaints about either MSV or VSCC 99% of the time as I think the circuits are beautifully run and presented , and VSCC meetings are so often a delight.

But 30 quid for entry and programme? For a half asleep 'sprint' and races which started after 3pm ?Oh , and a thinnish entry , and even more money demanded for a grandstand seat ?

Could do better... a lot better.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 07:11 (Ref:3924796)   #10
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know whether the VSCC will return to Brands next year? A better-supported meeting on the Indy circuit could be fun.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 07:56 (Ref:3924801)   #11
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Anyone know whether the VSCC will return to Brands next year? A better-supported meeting on the Indy circuit could be fun.
They said they hoped this would turn into an annual meeting.

Only time will tell if that ends up being true.
Old 1 Sep 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3925286)   #12
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I've heard, it's very unlikely. The poor entry wasn't just a coincidence.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3928886)   #13
tonylees
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
tonylees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those of us who braved the M25, Southern Dragons and General Inertia had a fantastic time. I for one hope we go back.
I am told that MSV had their largest gate outside of BTCC and the road was blocked by spectators trying to get in.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3928932)   #14
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
I drove straight in at about 11ish . But I wonder how many would even have gone - at 25 quid - had they known what a cynically over hyped meeting it was ? I have been to lots of VSCC meetings since the 70s and never once have I felt short changed before.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3928952)   #15
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylees View Post
Those of us who braved the M25, Southern Dragons and General Inertia had a fantastic time. I for one hope we go back.
I am told that MSV had their largest gate outside of BTCC and the road was blocked by spectators trying to get in.
That is utter nonsense, sorry.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3928969)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
There must be something fundamentally wrong with VSCC race meetings
Seems Caldwell and Spring Silverstone work then it’s downhill.The cancelled meeting at Snet being the final straw that may be a nail in a coffin.
Seven years ago we did Snetterton and it was a brilliant race between Talbot and Nash
That created a problem with our entries not being accepted the following year in Fox and Nichol as we may be to quick!
Other problems are drivers getting older and no new people coming in. That also effects to a lesser extent all Historic’s.Look at a Coys entrants in 99 and now.
Same headline acts.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3928977)   #17
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
There must be something fundamentally wrong with VSCC race meetings
Seems Caldwell and Spring Silverstone work then it’s downhill.The cancelled meeting at Snet being the final straw that may be a nail in a coffin.
Seven years ago we did Snetterton and it was a brilliant race between Talbot and Nash
That created a problem with our entries not being accepted the following year in Fox and Nichol as we may be to quick!
Other problems are drivers getting older and no new people coming in. That also effects to a lesser extent all Historic’s.Look at a Coys entrants in 99 and now.
Same headline acts.
Yes . When walking around a typical historics its a little sad in a way to just be seeing older people than me . Lots of mechanics may be young I find, just none of the drivers.

Its in a way people my age being 17 feel out of place in a way . Hard to describe.

Do hope the VSCC can do better next year.