Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3349034)   #76
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
Unbelievably I have heard that KX Akademy have rejected Scott's application even though he had two very good offers on the table for both the G55 & Clio championships. Frankly I find this hard to understand. The KX advertse their ethos as being there to give a helping hand to drivers who have proved they have the talent and dedication to succeed. Who has done this more than Scott Malvern? Just look at his results and record of success despite the lack of major financial backing yet those that run this so called talent spotting scheme have rejected his application for a 2nd successive year. I'd really like to know why?
Well it's their money, it's interesting to see who else got it other than Scott...maybe you should get in touch with Kx to ask them why.....obviously they've spotted talent elsewhere
Old 31 Dec 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3349195)   #77
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
Unbelievably I have heard that KX Akademy have rejected Scott's application even though he had two very good offers on the table for both the G55 & Clio championships. Frankly I find this hard to understand. The KX advertse their ethos as being there to give a helping hand to drivers who have proved they have the talent and dedication to succeed. Who has done this more than Scott Malvern? Just look at his results and record of success despite the lack of major financial backing yet those that run this so called talent spotting scheme have rejected his application for a 2nd successive year. I'd really like to know why?
Have you asked them ?
Old 31 Dec 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3349199)   #78
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Have you asked them ?
Perhaps asking on here instead of asking them directly is indicative of their reasoning?
Old 31 Dec 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3349215)   #79
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
KX Academy presumably need to be sure that the applicant can raise his side of the sponsorship and ongoing be a good spokesman for the brand. One can only presume that they could not get comfortable with one or both of these aspects.

Notwithstanding all that as has been said in a previous post continual washing of dirty linen on a public forum is possibly not a great strategy. I did send a pm with a suggestion for Scott but never had a reply.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3349233)   #80
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
KX Academy presumably need to be sure that the applicant can raise his side of the sponsorship and ongoing be a good spokesman for the brand. One can only presume that they could not get comfortable with one or both of these aspects.

Notwithstanding all that as has been said in a previous post continual washing of dirty linen on a public forum is possibly not a great strategy. I did send a pm with a suggestion for Scott but never had a reply.
Firstly Scott isn't reponsible for this thread; neither am I though I have contibuted to it (I like to think in a positive way) when it was relevant to do so.

I did suggest to the Mods over a year ago that this thread be closed as I thought it had served its purpose and was of its time (i.e. it was started up in 2012). We were not responsible for reviving it.

Simon (Drabble) I have checked my personal messages on here and I do not appear to have one from you. However I am more than happy to hear any suggestions you have and will supply you with a personal email address if you wish.

Scott has to my mind has already responded to quite correctly to his rejection to the KXA application by first wishing the other finalists the very best of luck via his Twitter & Facebook accounts and then by asking the selection panel (in writing) for any feedback that they are willing to share with him.

Thank you to everyone for their interest in Scott but I do think that this particular thread has run its course and I do respectfully suggest once again to the mods that it should now be closed

A happy and prosperous 2014 to all other Ten Tenths contributors, readers & admin staff.

Dominic Malvern
Old 31 Dec 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3349264)   #81
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apologies Dominic I and others it seems assumed Deemun was connected to you and Scott. I have forwarded the message I sent to them to you!

Good luck and happy new year