Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Jan 2002, 11:24 (Ref:204115)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Fancy becoming a marshal?

With the huge number of subscribers to ten-tenths these days, I wondered if there were many readers who would have an interest in becoming a marshal. If so, let Marshal or myself know and we can point you in the right direction and hopefully give you some sensible information and tips!

Stephen.
Old 29 Jan 2002, 16:53 (Ref:206304)   #2
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stephen,

I can't bear to see this thread sitting here with no replies! Sorry if I got your hopes up by replying. ;0)

Maybe it may get more attention in 'Trackside'?

Martin
Old 29 Jan 2002, 19:15 (Ref:206330)   #3
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, I'll bite

At some point this year I'd like to swap my Nomex overalls for Probans. I'd like to do a day on the banks - not for a signature, just for the experience.

Would I be able to hire, or borrow the equipment necessary? Stephen, I seem to remember a generous offer of a fetching orange outfit for the day..

What would I need to do?
Old 30 Jan 2002, 11:16 (Ref:206449)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y

Would I be able to hire, or borrow the equipment necessary?
Come & play with us at Oulton! BMMC is setting up a stock of overalls just for people like you.

Dave.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 12:05 (Ref:206464)   #5
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm up for that too - Oulton's local, so it'd be ideal
Old 30 Jan 2002, 12:21 (Ref:206471)   #6
N M Ramsden
Rookie

Wales
Portskewett, Monmouthshire
N M Ramsden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be up for a couple of days at Oulton. I worked with some lads at Combe last year that regularly marshal at Oulton and it sounded good fun pulling cars from trees !!!

Only joking. I'm heavily committed at Combe and Pembrey but I do fancy a couple of days at Oulton if I can squeeze them in.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 15:10 (Ref:206524)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
I'm up for that too - Oulton's local, so it'd be ideal
Want a BMMC application form?

Dave.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 15:13 (Ref:206526)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by N M Ramsden
I might be up for a couple of days at Oulton. I worked with some lads at Combe last year that regularly marshal at Oulton and it sounded good fun pulling cars from trees !!!
The 'bike in the lake' incident last year was fun!

Dave.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 16:13 (Ref:206564)   #9
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
Want a BMMC application form?
Go on then

Noticed where myself and Maisie live yet? (look at Maisie's post)
Old 30 Jan 2002, 16:50 (Ref:206588)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey, all these offers of help!

Sorry I haven't replied sooner but the server has been down since last night and I now have several pages of e-mails to plough through.

If you at Brands Chris/Maisie then of course I have a nice shiney new set of overals you may borrow.

Stephen.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 17:11 (Ref:206622)   #11
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
When is Brands? And is that the training day?
Old 30 Jan 2002, 18:39 (Ref:206707)   #12
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone is considering training days at Oulton this year they need to get a move on they are on 23/24 February at Oulton. Car racing doesn't start until 7 April.

The Training Co-Ordinator is Peter Preston-Hough and you can contact him on 01606 782979. He is the one who has started the request for unwanted equipment.

If you would rather just turn up at the track on the off chance of being able to marshal for the day I would suggest that you get in touch with the Competitions Secretary Steve Brooks on 01744 23034 and he will be able to tell you when there is a meeting and the relevant official to contact so that you can be put on their list.

Karen
Old 30 Jan 2002, 18:56 (Ref:206725)   #13
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y

Go on then
www.marshals.co.uk/joinup.htm

Quote:

Noticed where myself and Maisie live yet? (look at Maisie's post)
I had noticed! Good to see she's got the courage to admit it!

Dave.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 08:37 (Ref:207209)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I will check the Brands date over the weekend Chris. I'm off to the sunny Isle of Man today and tomorrow on a business trip so won't be home until late Friday evening.

Stephen.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 14:09 (Ref:207395)   #15
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have got the start date wrong it should read 6 April not 7. NormaL Oulton meetings are run on Saturdays and have on Saturday a 6.30 pm curfew, if there is a Sunday meeting engines are not allowed to be started before noon.
Old 1 Feb 2002, 21:10 (Ref:208470)   #16
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm kinda interested in doing it...could someone point me in the right direction?
Old 1 Feb 2002, 22:13 (Ref:208584)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hi Cos,

It would depend a little on where you live as to which clubs to look at, but start by viewing www.marshals.co.uk which is the website for the British Motorsport Marshals Club. Alternatively you could look at the racing clubs sites such as brscc.co.uk or barc.net and see how you get on.

By all means ask here for further help if you need it. We are always happy to help someone who fancies a go at marshalling!
Old 1 Feb 2002, 22:32 (Ref:208611)   #18
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks!
Old 1 Feb 2002, 22:33 (Ref:208614)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
A pleasure. Please let me know if you need any more help!
Old 2 Feb 2002, 13:28 (Ref:208870)   #20
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our nearest if Donni - so how would we go about getting started there? failing that then it's Silverstone.
Old 2 Feb 2002, 14:23 (Ref:208914)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
You could look at the Donington website, don't know the address or for Silverstone look at www.brdc.co.uk and then click on the marshals page. The contact at Silverstone is Pam Dearn and her number and e-mail address are on the website. Let me know if you need any more help ok?
Old 2 Feb 2002, 14:24 (Ref:208915)   #22
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
You could look at the Donington website, don't know the address or for Silverstone look at www.brdc.co.uk and then click on the marshals page. The contact at Silverstone is Pam Dearn and her number and e-mail address are on the website. Let me know if you need any more help ok?
Brill thanks..
Old 2 Feb 2002, 14:41 (Ref:208927)   #23
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have had an interest in becoming a marshal for a few months now, with a training day happening at Castle Combe on the 23rd Feb and me living in Bristol,would it be worth going down there to have a look and see if I can speak to anyone who is taking part in the training day?
Old 2 Feb 2002, 16:01 (Ref:208961)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
If I were you, I would contact the circuit first, see which club is organising the training day then contact them for details. The circuit should be very helpful or failing that, someone on the forum may be able to give you contact details?
Old 2 Feb 2002, 16:59 (Ref:208985)   #25
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Just remind me - I'll only be able at the earliest to start marshalling in June (the law and all that). Do I still have to go the Feb training day, or can I do something else?