Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 8 Jan 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1196156)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, he did.

All credit to the Mears for replying rather than ignoring it
Old 9 Jan 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1196305)   #27
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I am looking at the Terraserver image, and the area looks flat out boring. Basically the track is hugging some railroad tracks via the HP parking lot, through the lot exit, down the street and underneath the freeway, going through some buildings, back underneath the freeway again, and hugging some sort of towing yard and a clearly artificial park that is suppossed to be the paddock!

This track reminds me of one of the Gran Turismo 3 tracks that goes through Tokyo at night. Anyone who knows what I am talking about can understand that I think that this San Jose track looks like the one with the ton of switchbacks and the ferris wheel as a background. Remember how gritty that track was? This track is also gritty.

Champ Car and the city of San Jose has a LOT of work to do to get this track looking good.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1196420)   #28
Rick Mears fan
Rookie

United States
USA
Rick Mears fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
Welcome to 10T's, Rick Mears fan!
I hope you enjoy it here, I think you likely will.

I must admit I'm a Rocketfan myself!

A reply card from our wedding invitations...

Thanks, macdaddy for the warm welcome.

That's cool that you invited Rick to your wedding.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1197493)   #29
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are some pictures of the old track layout and while it's slighltly different then the new one, it will at least give you a rough idea what the area looks like, especially for people who don't live or have never been to SJ. Make sure you click on the small images so they will enlarge for you. From donbowden.com

Cheers,
Dov
Old 10 Jan 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1197605)   #30
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy-ace
Having said all that though i am not particularily sad about Laguna being replaced with this street circuit. I don't consider it to be one of the great circuits and it also didn't allow for great racing. Just my opinion.
Hmmm...I agree with you in relation to Champcar. Laguna Seca is a great track with a rich history, but it is not a track conducive to racing for Champcars. It is much better suited for lower class Formulae races and Sports Cars.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1199697)   #31
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjspierx
Hmmm...I agree with you in relation to Champcar. Laguna Seca is a great track with a rich history, but it is not a track conducive to racing for Champcars. It is much better suited for lower class Formulae races and Sports Cars.
I reckon MotoGP will be able to put on a great show at Laguna Seca as well this year

As for San Jose, I'm somewhat optimistic about the layout with what looks like at least one high-speed kink etc. It's a bit short though.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1199743)   #32
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjspierx
It is much better suited for lower class Formulae races and Sports Cars.
In relation to the sportscars, aren't the single seaters the lower formulae?
Old 13 Jan 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1200003)   #33
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends on what type of sports car and forumula race series that we are talking about.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1200188)   #34
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are single seaters a lower forumla to sports cars? I think we can be more specific and say generally no the opposite is true. Which would most people consider higher up Champ Car or ALMS, Grand Am and World Challange? That's a no brainer. While one could certainly argue that Star Mazda is lower than ALMS, would anyone argue that SCCA "Showroom Stock B" is higher up than Formula Russel or Formula Mazda? I think not.