Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 May 2020, 07:20 (Ref:3973916)   #301
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
British GP 1954 at Silverstone, only two non 'Argies' in the top 6 were Hawthorn (2nd) and Trintignant(5th).
GerryMo. Do think we should put EB in the same class as RB? He is far too clever, for the rest of us. Should he be banned from all quiz's?
Old 1 May 2020, 07:25 (Ref:3973919)   #302
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
RB can name the blue car without answering the main question I suppose?
GerryMo. We all know that RBS is very, very clever, so clever he can read the word MORGAN on the side of the blue car.

But of course he did not need to, he knows Tony Lees.
Old 1 May 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3973954)   #303
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont ban anyone from your quizz, please! It works fine like that, go on this way!
Old 1 May 2020, 13:18 (Ref:3973961)   #304
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Dont ban anyone from your quizz, please! It works fine like that, go on this way!
Do you mean we should still allow VivaGT to post his blotchy photos to torture us with?
Old 1 May 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3973964)   #305
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Do you mean we should still allow VivaGT to post his blotchy photos to torture us with?
I can't help it, it's just a combination of 400 ASA film that was double-developed, maybe not the highest quality scanner plus of course total incompetence on behalf of the camera operator.
(Mind you, I just think you've got the hump because you couldn't answer my last question straight away! )
Old 1 May 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3973970)   #306
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I can't help it, it's just a combination of 400 ASA film that was double-developed, maybe not the highest quality scanner plus of course total incompetence on behalf of the camera operator.
(Mind you, I just think you've got the hump because you couldn't answer my last question straight away! )
Too Blinking right mate, well peeved.
Old 1 May 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3973996)   #307
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry Viva you're using an acronym I dont know: ASA!
Old 1 May 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3974002)   #308
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
What do these two cars have in common (apart from the obvious - please)

RB rules apply.
Think you will need to give some clues or a snake in the grass will give an answer!
Old 1 May 2020, 18:17 (Ref:3974004)   #309
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Think you will need to give some clues or a snake in the grass will give an answer!
That might help some of the more intelligent here, but others Well!
Old 1 May 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3974009)   #310
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Together wit RB, another clue please because Well rings no bell for me… Or is it Morgan Wells Services?
Water pumps as for Climax engines?

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 May 2020 at 19:12.
Old 1 May 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3974010)   #311
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

Surely Gerrymo you recognise an AC car!

Bauble drives a Vauxhall you know!
Old 1 May 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3974011)   #312
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Related to Luton????? Better wait for EB to wake up…He's quicker than a Cobra!
Old 2 May 2020, 01:07 (Ref:3974042)   #313
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
snakes? where. Maybe its the Vindscreen Vipers? What a load of cobras that was.
Old 2 May 2020, 07:27 (Ref:3974064)   #314
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You are so close EB.
Old 2 May 2020, 08:04 (Ref:3974067)   #315
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You mean I nearly Aced it.....
Old 2 May 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3974077)   #316
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
You are so close EB.
Come on RB, I think EB had the answer, but did not give the game away entirely. any way what has Wolsley got to do with it.

You can reveal all as Geerymo is never gong to get the answer.
Old 2 May 2020, 15:10 (Ref:3974112)   #317
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
You can reveal all as Geerymo is never gong to get the answer.
Unfortunately right, I'll keep my distance which went from 1 meter to 1,5 meter and will go up to 10 very soon…
Old 2 May 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3974120)   #318
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Unfortunately right, I'll keep my distance which went from 1 meter to 1,5 meter and will go up to 10 very soon…
Gerry the two cars are both named after snakes; AC Cobra, and Vauxhall Viper.

Simple as that, to an Englishman anyway. I do not know of any French cars named after venomous snakes.

Regardaz,
Old 2 May 2020, 17:37 (Ref:3974133)   #319
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cant remember if any french car was named after a wild animal Bob. But I do remember some were dangerous on the road at speed, they might bite like a snake! Some rear engined ones left me a bad souvenir… or two! Impossible for me to cope with a 8 Gordini for instance.
Thanks for the answers, please go on and stay safe at home.
Old 4 May 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3974429)   #320
bauble
Veteran

England
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4QzHeUE-CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE

I quite like Gordon's latest videos

Last edited by bauble; 4 May 2020 at 14:18.
Old 4 May 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3974441)   #321
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gosh, what a car wash Gordon has…
Old 6 May 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3974764)   #322
bauble
Veteran

England
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wSXnFbGsctc94eEL7

Another addition to my Isolated Fun album.
Old 9 May 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3975243)   #323
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lady reading a story from a new " Children,s " book she has just got .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amLnpe3F__8
Old 9 May 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3975266)   #324
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What a happy nervous breakdown she has!
Old 9 May 2020, 19:20 (Ref:3975288)   #325
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What a happy nervous breakdown she has!
Yes , what a lovely lady .
Have watched the clip a couple of times & it still brings a tear to my eyes .

And I do remember this clip from a Leslie Nielsen film .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS3LWOTCW4A