Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jan 2024, 14:45 (Ref:4194133)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
VSCC New Year Tests - Brooklands 28 Jan 2024

A good way to spend a sunny Sunday.

https://mallettracing.com/2024/01/29...ew-year-tests/

Should add, there's a link to a few pictures.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 29 Jan 2024 at 15:00.
Old 29 Jan 2024, 15:35 (Ref:4194137)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
A good way to spend a sunny Sunday.

https://mallettracing.com/2024/01/29...ew-year-tests/

Should add, there's a link to a few pictures.
Did you see RBS? He was on duty as a marshal.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4677.JPG  
Old 29 Jan 2024, 15:36 (Ref:4194138)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Saw a lot of marshals, but don't recall meeting RBS.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 10:22 (Ref:4194535)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That all looks rather splendid, Peter. I assume this is a new site, and looking good,or have I been hopelessly out of touch recently?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 1 Feb 2024, 10:37 (Ref:4194540)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's a new site.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 11:21 (Ref:4194548)   #6
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VSCC have been using Brooklands for the Winter Driving Tests for as long as I can remember, There has been a few years when it was cancelled due to snow or flooding and it was moved to Thorpe Park for one yeara long time ago.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 16:37 (Ref:4194612)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Very good, Peter, and as ever. since your pics have Alfa content, I'm happy.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4194638)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It seemed to me that the car to have would be an Austin 7. That said, I just love a "Chain Gang" Frazer Nash. The Alfa was driven with plenty of verve but I didn't see much of any others. It was a good day though, just wandering around surrounded by cars and drivers that were there for fun.
Old 2 Feb 2024, 17:15 (Ref:4194807)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Very good, Peter, and as ever. since your pics have Alfa content, I'm happy.
Been photoshopping and discovered some shots which might have missed the cut previously.

So, just for you, here's Ms. Alex Pilkington pressing on.
Attached Thumbnails
Ms Alex Pilkington.jpg  
Old 3 Feb 2024, 09:38 (Ref:4194923)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fabulous!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!