Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Aug 2002, 19:26 (Ref:365675)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Group C Revival races

Does anyone know any forthcoming dates for these fantastic and beautiful machines?

Also to anyone that has been to a recent meeting, how good was the spectacle?
Old 25 Aug 2002, 23:30 (Ref:365750)   #2
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try: http://www.groupc-racing.co.uk/groupc/

the series that supports the BTCC has one more race at Donington in October I think
Old 29 Aug 2002, 23:01 (Ref:368704)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been to 2 or 3 Revival races and the spectacle is amazing. Up there with the ALMS and F1.

I went the 2 hour evening race at the Silverstone Historic Festival in 2001 which was the best race I've ever been to, not for the actual racing but the shere spectacle.

At the recent Nurburgring Oldtimer Grand Prix there were 29 entries including a Spice SE90 from Chamberlain and Kremer K8 from Kremer themseles. I think Kremer were planning to run one of there Kremer 962CKs but they must have had some problems with the car.

The Nissan NPT-90 also raced, I believe for the first time in the revival series.

For next year the Europe calander is already set, while the UK race/s will be confirmed later on.

They expect quite a few more cars to be racing regularly next year and there are a number of teams and drivers looking to enter next year.

My Favourite cars in the series are the Jaguar XJR-16 in Bud Light colours, Silk Cut Jaguar XJR-11, Aston Martin AMR-1 and V12 Jaguar XJR-12 D, which is a 1993 Daytona 24 Hours Car.

Does anyone know what new cars are being entered next year. Is anyone planning on entering the Toyota 88C car and 'Works' Spice SE90 recently advertised in Autosport.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 23:26 (Ref:368716)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the forum JAG.
The big problem with these Group C revival races is the fact that there are two seperate series which dilutes the field somewhat. The 'Toca' support races are run as part of the Heritage events by Roger Bennington and there is also a Europe based series. I gather that many attempts have been made to get the two sides together as one series but we have egos and vested interests in the way as usual. A pity as we all love big noisy grids rather than a handful of cars.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 09:47 (Ref:368925)   #5
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here is a 24x18in painting that I did of the afore mentioned 2 hour (evening) Group C race at Silverstone in August 2001. It was commissioned by the winning driver Gary Pearson (in Derek Hood's JD Classics Jaguar).
Attached Thumbnails
jdclgc.jpg  
Old 30 Aug 2002, 18:13 (Ref:369331)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
Welcome to the forum JAG.
The big problem with these Group C revival races is the fact that there are two seperate series which dilutes the field somewhat. The 'Toca' support races are run as part of the Heritage events by Roger Bennington and there is also a Europe based series. I gather that many attempts have been made to get the two sides together as one series but we have egos and vested interests in the way as usual. A pity as we all love big noisy grids rather than a handful of cars.
Yeah, apparently there was a driver meeting at the Silverstone? round to get the 2 parties together that was organised by the drivers. I've not heard anything since this.

The Revival 'European' series has already organised the European races for next year. I don't know whether the UK rounds will be joint events with the 'UK' series or be orgainsed in away that avoids clashes and gives enough preperation time for the teams.

From what i've seen of the grids for each series the Revival series seems to be retaining its previous entrants and gianing new ones while the 'UK' series has continued to struggle.

It seems to me as though the Revival series is positioning itself as a European series in the mold of TGP rather than a UK only 'club' series. A benefit of this is that the European teams/cars/drivers such as Kremer/Brunn etc. are attracted to the Revival series.

BTW were can I get a copy of the picture from the Silverstone 2 hour race. Does anyone know a website that has photos from the Group C Revival Series.