Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 May 2001, 03:31 (Ref:87853)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Can DC win the Championship....

I am very interested to hear your opinions on this subject...
Old 2 May 2001, 07:17 (Ref:87872)   #2
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no way!!!!

especially after the ron incident
Old 2 May 2001, 07:33 (Ref:87879)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jersound, I see no reason why DC can not mount a title challenge. He is only eight points behind Schumacher. As long as he remains consistent, and finishes races, he'll be in with a chance. But don't discount Mika. He might by 34 points behind, but last year it was 20 and he caught back up. The next few races will be interesting.
Old 2 May 2001, 10:55 (Ref:87910)   #4
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he doesn't win this year he will never do it!!! Ron can't still resign himself that his blue-eyesed boy Mika is not the faster of two. In several races he will submit the fact and start to support Davis. But it may be late...
Old 2 May 2001, 11:28 (Ref:87923)   #5
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he can, and I think Ralf can, and Mika can, and possibly Juan Pablo can. It's very early in the season yet, and especially if Ferrari strike a bit of a bad patch with reliability, they could be all up there together by the end of the year.
Old 2 May 2001, 11:53 (Ref:87936)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can Ralf, come on get real. Can DC - definitely! He has the right attitude and is driving consistently well.

Mika is still a long shot with TGW favourite unfortunately.
Old 2 May 2001, 12:05 (Ref:87942)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
With the latest display of lack of support from Ron Dennis for DC, it will be very difficult for him to win the WDC. A couple of years ago, Ferrari could win if hte McLarens broke down or had problems. Now it seems that the other teams are waiting for ferrari to have problems before they look like winning.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 2 May 2001 at 12:07.
Old 2 May 2001, 12:17 (Ref:87948)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be nice DC winning the WDC... and by his own hands he can do it.
Unfortunately, that's not on his hands (not completely). And I am afraid that incident with Old Ron could change things. Especially with Mika comeback.
Old 2 May 2001, 12:40 (Ref:87959)   #9
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can DC win the championship? Yes. course he can!

WILL DC win the championship: no.

SHOULD DC win the championship. no. He's not good enough.

Now before you all jump on me, I DO believe DC is a reasonable driver. This season he has driven beautfully and done very well so far. BUT, there are better drivers out there. Plain and simple. An Mika is one of them. You always get the feeling Mika's going to be the one to come out on top (has DC ever beaten Mika in the WDC at McL?? Anyone know??)

Fortunatly a Ferrari should win this year. Unfortunatly, it could make for quite a dull end to the season. Yawn!
Old 2 May 2001, 12:57 (Ref:87970)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yes!! The pendulum of luck is swinging TGF's way, and I agree with Tristan that TGF will win the WDC this year.
Old 2 May 2001, 14:22 (Ref:87985)   #11
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Tristan too, I think DC could win the WDC but he wont. He is not a winning driver, he can not stand much pressure, I mean, just when he tied shumy in the points, look what happened in Spain, so I think he might battle for it, but TGF has the edge.
Old 2 May 2001, 17:01 (Ref:88020)   #12
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This topic seems to sprout up quite often around here, and I gotta say that despite some impressive results, I think that DC had is chance, and that it is gone now... McLaren had the best cars on the grid for a while, and he never really capitalized on that (as Mika did) and he has yet to win the WDC. He had the potential, but now McLaren is falling onto hard times with Williams moving up, and I think DCs chance has been and gone.
Old 2 May 2001, 21:02 (Ref:88088)   #13
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even being a long standing Mika fan, I feel it's a bit out of his reach this year...but *if* McLaren rally around DC, then we could well see him win the WDC...And damn close it would be too...

But I have a spooky feeling that TGF will win the championship by 3 points, in front of Mika...
Old 3 May 2001, 17:24 (Ref:88403)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
All of you have made very good points..Tristan and Orange I think both of you have summed it up..David has proven that he is very fast on several occasions, Maybe it is a case that he does not get the emotional support at McLaren. Look at the inane comment that Ron Dennis made after the Spanish Grand Prix(what a burk) Whatever Ron say's David is still considered the number two driver,not to take anything away from Mika he has been unlucky and maybe lacks a little motivation this year.
Old 3 May 2001, 19:39 (Ref:88474)   #15
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO
Old 4 May 2001, 03:49 (Ref:88632)   #16
Dooly Tilly
Rookie

Dooly Tilly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC BACK TO BASICS

IF DC HAD ANOTHER 120HP AND FULL BACKING OF ENTIRE F1 PADDOCK THEN YES I THINK HE CAN WIN
Old 4 May 2001, 07:28 (Ref:88692)   #17
Dooly Tilly
Rookie

Dooly Tilly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can dc win

dc is the wally masuer of F1
can wally masuer win big w