Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3987996)   #6901
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
On a more interesting note than insurance debates one of the BTCC Subarus is up for sale by BMR on RaceCarsDirect for £125k
Not sure what you would do with it? Is there some series you could use it?
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3988001)   #6902
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Could you get insurance for it?
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3988005)   #6903
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Touring Car Trophy?

Also, whilst BMR aren't using it, I don't think it's banned from being entered into the BTCC again?
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3988007)   #6904
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is that still happening?
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3988008)   #6905
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://brscc.co.uk/events/tcr-uk-tct-race-day/
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:40 (Ref:3988010)   #6906
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well there didn’t seem to as much talk of it as there was in the past
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3988013)   #6907
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
On a more interesting note than insurance debates one of the BTCC Subarus is up for sale by BMR on RaceCarsDirect for £125k
It was originally posted back in Feb then marked as being sold. It was then re-posted a couple of weeks ago and marked as sold a few days later. Both times using the same pictures and same text as the current ad. The one from a couple of weeks ago showed a finance company as the seller, current shows as BMR.

Not sure what you'd do with it. TCT maybe, assuming that still exists.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3988016)   #6908
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Can you both calculate the risk of everyone else getting fed up with arguments about insurance, or is carrying on with that line of "conversation" (quotes deliberate and very sarcastically toned) a gamble?
I hear Donald has asked if conversations can be nuked
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3988017)   #6909
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
[MOD]Notwithstanding the obvious actuarial expertise being displayed on the subject of insurance, I'd suggest that that part of the discussion has concluded. Back to slagging off drivers and other stuff. [/MOD]
Please...
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3988018)   #6910
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You could use it as a suppositry.

Or cut it up and make silly little masks.

Or if you're an antique dealer who needs to move grandfather clocks quickly.

Other uses may also be available.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3988019)   #6911
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Britcar I think would be the only other major one, although I'm sure you could get a second-hand TCR car for much less.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3988034)   #6912
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it looks like they may be open to offers
Old 13 Jul 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3988049)   #6913
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Britcar I think would be the only other major one, although I'm sure you could get a second-hand TCR car for much less.
Yep, TCR cars go for half (and often far less) than what they want for the Subaru. I've been tempted to get one many times.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3988062)   #6914
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm, trust me to expect some semblance of intelligence.
A bit like the government expecting some semblance of common sense!
Well done for trying, though!
Old 13 Jul 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3988071)   #6915
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Could you get insurance for it?
Try one of the previous sponsors - I believe they may have some experience in the business
Old 14 Jul 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3988202)   #6916
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see in the news today that Halfords are closing 60 stores as a result of COVID... Wonder if this will have a knock on effect next year for Dynamics?
Old 14 Jul 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3988233)   #6917
S griffin
Veteran

I would be surprised if it doesn’t. The question is, do they have enough backing from Honda to see them through
Old 14 Jul 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3988251)   #6918
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm concerned about it as my impression is Honda's involvement has been decreasing last few years...
Old 14 Jul 2020, 17:45 (Ref:3988256)   #6919
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'm concerned about it as my impression is Honda's involvement has been decreasing last few years...
Since the end of 2015, I think Honda's support (financially) has been minimal. Before that, they operated as an independent up to 2009, so I can't see a reduction in support from Halfords leading to a TD withdrawal. Although they might rely on a driver bringing funds to the team in a greater way.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3988260)   #6920
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Since the end of 2015, I think Honda's support (financially) has been minimal. Before that, they operated as an independent up to 2009, so I can't see a reduction in support from Halfords leading to a TD withdrawal. Although they might rely on a driver bringing funds to the team in a greater way.
back to those sad days ?

Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3988261)   #6921
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
back to those sad days ?

Why is it sad?
Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3988262)   #6922
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I am sure they have enough support for this year, but long term they will need to work hard to get another major sponsor
Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:20 (Ref:3988263)   #6923
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I see in the news today that Halfords are closing 60 stores as a result of COVID... Wonder if this will have a knock on effect next year for Dynamics?
Halfords already had plans to close stores and garages at a rate of around 6 a year. Covid has just made them decide to condense the process. Staff are expected to be divided up between the remaining stores and garages. Halfords has seen an increase of sales over the last 3 months due to people buying bikes and now that the MOT extension is coming to an end, they expect to see an increase in car part sales.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:32 (Ref:3988267)   #6924
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I realise the danger in quoting 'some bloke on Facebook', but saw a post earlier from someone who had phoned Knockhill ticket office. He was told the current plan is to limit the event to just 2000 spectators, although that might change 'if things don't get worse'
Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:36 (Ref:3988268)   #6925
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what's the usual crowd figure at knockhill?