Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:18 (Ref:4203103)   #2576
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I agree, this can only be a good thing. Just wish they'd leave the streaming on after qualifying so we can watch the support races. They film them to show on the Sunday already anyway so it cant be that much work to stream it?
They only do this on the final weekend of the season, and that is streamed. The rest of the season they go back to rigging after qualifying.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:18 (Ref:4203104)   #2577
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be interesting to see how Huff does. I’ve personally wanted to see him do a full season since his one off at Silverstone, however I hope people don’t expect to much to soon. With seen several other world champions come back after a while away and not achieve an awful lot, Menu, Gio and Priaulx etc. I’d expect him to win some races and if he places top 5/6 in the championship come the end of the year I think that will be a pretty good effort. Worth remembering he’s probably not driven competitively round Thruxton, Croft, Oulton park for a long time and prior to last year knockhill. A lot to learn in a short space of time but I believe he’s versatile enough. Exciting news for fans and the championship, especially after quite a negative winter.

Last edited by InYourMirrors45; 28 Mar 2024 at 08:45.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:21 (Ref:4203105)   #2578
Pit Lane Lurker
Rookie

Pit Lane Lurker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Will be interesting to see how Huff does. I’ve personally wanted to see him do a full season since his one off at Silverstone, however I hope people don’t expect to much to soon. With seen several other world champions come back after a while away and not achieve an awful lot, Menu, Gio and Priaulx etc. I’d expect him to win some races and if he places too 5/6 in the championship come the end of the year I think that will be a pretty good effort. Worth remembering he’s probably not driven competitively round Thruxton, Croft, Oulton park and prior to last year knockhill. A lot to learn in a short space of time but I believe he’s versatile enough. Exciting news for fans and the championship, especially after quite a negative winter.
It’s only been a negative winter for those with a negative outlook on things.

Many other folk have been commenting on how healthy the numbers are looking and how much promise the season has.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:22 (Ref:4203106)   #2579
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huff confirmed at Toyota Gazoo

https://www.btcc.net/2024/03/28/form...zoo-racing-uk/
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:33 (Ref:4203107)   #2580
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Excellent boost for the series, will be nice to have another name in championship contention (we hope!) Very, very strong line-up from Toyota.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:41 (Ref:4203109)   #2581
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Curious how they managed to get him and pay him but it's fantastic to see Huff in the BTCC full time! The likes of Priaulx or Giovanardi and Menu (after their comebacks in 2010s) show that it's not that easy to come back to the BTCC and be ultra competitive even if you're the world champion so expect the season will be challenging for Huffy, at least in the beginning. Depending of course on Toyota's competitiveness, I think some podiums and a win or two should be possible to achieve.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:52 (Ref:4203110)   #2582
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2024 TBL2024 TeamCarDriverStatus
Excelr8 Motorsport-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed for 2 years in press release (24&25)
Excelr8 Motorsport-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngramConfirmed in Press Release
Excelr8 Motorsport-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChiltonConfirmed in Press Release
Excelr8 Motorsport-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSutton Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammish Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STRowbottom Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborne Confirmed in Press Release
West Surrey Racing-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkingtonConfirmed in Press Release
West Surrey Racing-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in Press Release
West Surrey Racing-3???BMW 330e M Sport??? 
West Surrey Racing-4Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UKToyota Corolla GR Sport WatsonConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UKToyota Corolla GR Sport HuffConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-3LKQ Euro Car Parts with SYNETIQToyota Corolla GR SportCookConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-4LKQ Euro Car Parts with SYNETIQToyota Corolla GR Sport MoffatConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-1Evans Halshaw Power Maxed Racing Vauxhall AstraTaylor-SmithConfirmed in Press Release (24&25)
Power Maxed Racing-2Evans Halshaw Power Maxed Racing Vauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-3Evans Halshaw Power Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra??? 
Restart Racing-1Restart RacingCupra León SmileyConfirmed in Press Release
Restart Racing-2Restart RacingCupra León SumptonConfirmed in Press Release
Aiden Moffat Racing-1Team HARD.Cupra LeónDeLeonConfirmed in Press Release
Aiden Moffat Racing-2Team HARD.Cupra León???Confirmed in Press Release
CBM Racing-1????????? 
One Motorsport-1N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
One Motorsport-2N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
One Motorsport-3N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
Other Rumours    
?????????HamiltonSpoke to ITV stating he is working on a deal
?????????ThompsonStated he is confident of being on the grid, and supported by Team Dynamics

Key:
Green/Bold – Confirmed in a press release since the start of 2023 season
Green – Confirmed in a press release prior to 2023 season
Amber – Indicated as happening by comments from official sources
Blue – Rumoured in multiple sources
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:57 (Ref:4203111)   #2583
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
And with all respect I bet they are all nearer to 50 than 20. As the BBC has demonstrated this week the Live Tv model is withering to the on demand model
I'm talking sport not TV in general. I watch everything on demand apart from sport which I always watch live whenever possible.

Same goes for all my extended family and friends regardless of age. Seems weird to not watch a sport live if you can.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 09:24 (Ref:4203113)   #2584
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Curious how they managed to get him and pay him but it's fantastic to see Huff in the BTCC full time!

With reference to his "pay", without being privy to his contract, there is no way to know how he is or isn't being paid for his season. For all we know it may well be done in the same way that Plato used to fund himself, i.e. by selling hospitality availability, or by being able to bring sufficient sponsorship that will generate an income for himself. This may or may not be the reason why the announcement has come fairly late.

At the end of the day, what does it matter to us spectators, as long as it ensures there is another car and driver on the grid.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 09:56 (Ref:4203114)   #2585
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointing livery
Old 28 Mar 2024, 09:59 (Ref:4203116)   #2586
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
With reference to his "pay", without being privy to his contract, there is no way to know how he is or isn't being paid for his season. For all we know it may well be done in the same way that Plato used to fund himself, i.e. by selling hospitality availability, or by being able to bring sufficient sponsorship that will generate an income for himself. This may or may not be the reason why the announcement has come fairly late.

At the end of the day, what does it matter to us spectators, as long as it ensures there is another car and driver on the grid.
Given it is a car with Toyota backing, it could well be that its a deal that consists of the 'drive' is funded by Toyota/Gazoo - if Huff wants a wage out of it, then he brings along his own sponsors as well
Old 28 Mar 2024, 10:02 (Ref:4203117)   #2587
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
I'm talking sport not TV in general. I watch everything on demand apart from sport which I always watch live whenever possible.

Same goes for all my extended family and friends regardless of age. Seems weird to not watch a sport live if you can.
I don't tend to watch BTCC live - I usually have other things to do at the weekend, I do try and catch up with it in the week following the event. The problem I had last year was that ITVX was so bad I'd give up - it keeps on crashing and forgetting where I'd got to in the 7 hour broadcast so would start again from the beginning. Infuriating! It's by far the worst catchup app - hopefully it'll have been updated before the new season starts (they may have done something about it already to be fair - I don't watch anything else on ITV so haven't used it for months).
Old 28 Mar 2024, 10:08 (Ref:4203119)   #2588
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Disappointing livery
Isn't that Toyota's corporate livery though? Didn't really expect much different if I'm honest
Old 28 Mar 2024, 10:30 (Ref:4203123)   #2589
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Lane Lurker View Post
It’s only been a negative winter for those with a negative outlook on things.

Many other folk have been commenting on how healthy the numbers are looking and how much promise the season has.
Agreed. The quality on the grid is the highest it has been for some time.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 12:10 (Ref:4203143)   #2590
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Disappointing livery
Probably not the final design with the Fuchs logo just slapped on like that.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 12:46 (Ref:4203146)   #2591
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Probably not the final design with the Fuchs logo just slapped on like that.
I assumed it was just an interim version using last year's livery with a few sponsor logos swapped out. There is a very slight difference in the red on the bonnet compared to last year but that just be that it was hastily applied rather than a deliberate design change.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 14:57 (Ref:4203164)   #2592
DoMw94
Rookie

DoMw94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Isn't that Toyota's corporate livery though? Didn't really expect much different if I'm honest
All of Toyota's other factory programmes have switched to a black livery this year though. I, for one, thought that the BTCC programme might follow a similar route.

Old 28 Mar 2024, 17:20 (Ref:4203181)   #2593
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
Agreed. The quality on the grid is the highest it has been for some time.

Also agreed.

Out of the confirmed drivers so far I only see 4/5 who aren’t race winners, and out of them probably only 1 (Halstead, sorry) I don’t see having the potential to win a race.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 18:51 (Ref:4203187)   #2594
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Also agreed.

Out of the confirmed drivers so far I only see 4/5 who aren’t race winners, and out of them probably only 1 (Halstead, sorry) I don’t see having the potential to win a race.
If we’re gonna be at 20/21 entries then I think reducing the points to maybe the top 10-12 again like in the past is probably needed.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 22:40 (Ref:4203211)   #2595
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huff is another passed his prime driver

don't expect much from him , maybe the occasional podium
Old 28 Mar 2024, 23:45 (Ref:4203221)   #2596
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
If we’re gonna be at 20/21 entries then I think reducing the points to maybe the top 10-12 again like in the past is probably needed.
Honestly I wouldn't say so. Supercars gives points to all the drivers that finish the race and that's fine IMO. Leaving it at Top 15 is ok. What I'd reduce though is the reverse grid window to 8 cars.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 07:59 (Ref:4203241)   #2597
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Huff is another passed his prime driver

don't expect much from him , maybe the occasional podium

Points in the lower orders of BTCC team/drivers are really totally irrelevant, does it matter either way if they have a few at the end of the season. Unless they are worth money to the Team as in Formula One.

Why not give every position some ?
Old 29 Mar 2024, 08:39 (Ref:4203243)   #2598
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to have Huffy back in the series. Big boost to the grid and hopefully he can show he's still got it and why he's a world champion
Old 29 Mar 2024, 08:45 (Ref:4203249)   #2599
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to note on Jake Hills latest youtube video what appears to be the 4th BMW was sat bare of sponsors except for the BMW M colours.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 08:57 (Ref:4203250)   #2600
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Interesting to note on Jake Hills latest youtube video what appears to be the 4th BMW was sat bare of sponsors except for the BMW M colours.
A Steve Soper return?