Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 15 Aug 2002, 20:43 (Ref:358655)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I quite like it, it is has the feel and look of Autosport when I first started getting it about 7 years ago.

I feel and I have said this before that Autosport has gone of bit over the last couple of years, I think it started about the time that Laurance Foster lefted, now he is back at the helm it has got better.......

Oh the same debat is going over on the Armchair Enthusiast borad
Old 15 Aug 2002, 20:47 (Ref:358660)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Yet again, Haymarket have changed the the dimensions of a magazine right in the middle of a volume. They did it with Autocar, they did it with Motor Sport, and now Autosport changes format on volume 158 number 8!

They also did this with F1 racing mag in march 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
having Mansell on the front cover would sell another 20,000 copies if he had won a race or not
Much the same with F1 Racing, Damon on the front cover always sold more than any other!
Old 19 Aug 2002, 21:59 (Ref:361662)   #28
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson
And the website requests you to log in to check the news!
This really annoyed me too, and I let them know it by sending them some feedback. I refuse to give them any information (email address etc) to register, so I always just click the "register later" bit once, then you can check everything freely (if your browser accepts cookies I guess).

On another note, I now have what I think is a "spy cookie" (one which will not delete) stuck in Temporary Internet Files on my browser, with a Haymarket filename/web address. This does not exactly endear me to the company...

Autosport, stop destroying our enjoyment of your website!!!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 17:41 (Ref:362227)   #29
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Autosport site is good.

Shame the magazine is now totally ugly.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 18:51 (Ref:362283)   #30
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, hakkiman, if you like a site that bombards you with irritating pop-ups, annoying ads that expand when you move your mouse to close them, news stories that are rarely updated, and nothing whatsoever about 90% of the series out there, then so be it, but that's not my taste.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 19:05 (Ref:362302)   #31
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
What pop-ups?
Old 20 Aug 2002, 20:14 (Ref:362361)   #32
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never experienced the "joy" of a BMW or Volvo plastering itself across the screen when you click on a link? You must either never use the site or be very lucky.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 20:17 (Ref:362364)   #33
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oooo i hate that BMW pop up.....i do like the site though.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 22:22 (Ref:362478)   #34
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate pop ups. They shouldn't be allowed!
Old 21 Aug 2002, 00:38 (Ref:362599)   #35
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree about the site... it's slow and irritating. AND POP-UPS DO MY BLOODY NUT IN!!!
Old 22 Aug 2002, 17:56 (Ref:363801)   #36
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Seems I'm lucky. I hardly ever get any pop-ups.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 18:20 (Ref:363823)   #37
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erm... Autosnort magazine is really an out dated concept and there website is just and advert for the outdated concept....

If they were to spend a faction of what they do on redesigning there mag very couple of years and learn how the web works they could be laffing even more on the way to the bank.

Would you pay to read the website if it had the same level of content as the magazine?
Old 4 Sep 2002, 09:43 (Ref:372863)   #38
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been getting Autosport since 1980, when the only colour images were the covers and amiddle page's , apart from that it was 'newsprint' type paper on the inside.

Personally, I think Autosport do a good job of covering an ever expanding subject in a concise way. The F1 'glossies' provide a better, more indepth and highly photographic perspective on F1.

I'm the biggest stick in the mud going and highly resistant to change, but I like the new look after a few inital reservations.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 11:48 (Ref:372945)   #39
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm now quite happy with the new look. It just takes some getting used to.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 22:00 (Ref:373338)   #40
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my first new-look issue this week, I like it far more than the old style. (Only bought it for the Kimi article). It looks... classier...
Old 6 Sep 2002, 08:41 (Ref:374292)   #41
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rlinter

Would you pay to read the website if it had the same level of content as the magazine?
no i wouldnt , i like to buy the magazine too much anyway , and if i want to read news on the net , there is plenty of other free sites to read from.
Old 22 Sep 2002, 11:34 (Ref:385824)   #42
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson
And the website requests you to log in to check the news!
That is a bit annoying but you can bypass that bit with the tiny "register later" link somewhere in the middle of the sign-up page. It took me a couple of visits to notice it.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 25 Sep 2002, 16:25 (Ref:388163)   #43
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
i dont mind that .....you only have to do it once anyway/.....but i certainly wouldnt want to have to pay to have access...
Old 25 Sep 2002, 16:32 (Ref:388171)   #44
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The autosport magazine itself is good if you want an all-round look at motorsport as a whole...for the juicy stuff to get your teeth into, Formula One magazine is the one to go for - it just gets a bit outdated if you don't buy it in the first few days it goes on sale...
Old 5 Oct 2002, 08:02 (Ref:396199)   #45
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been reading the mag weekly, cover to cover since '87, and still look forward to Thursday to catch the news. But what really gets me down is the fact that despite their been at least 2 excellent 'F1 only' mags for sale, they feel the need to rely on GP racing so much. Does anybody else remember those white-boardered cover pics from Le Mans or the RAC rally? I know it sells more copy, but something else on the cover other than an F1 car / driver would really cheer me up. Am I the only person who feels every issue is virtually the same with a different news section at the front and back? In the '80s and '90s events such as the Le Mans classic would have got so much more than a couple of paragraghs at the back. I know its business, but it really disappoints me.