Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Feb 2001, 18:50 (Ref:61695)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
We have had the gimmick of the night race, surely now the logical next step has to be a street race.

they have raced on streets before, at the Birmingham Superprix 86-90.
i hope this does happen, as many other counties have touring car street races.
Plus the roads were built especially for the racing, banked corners/kerbs/Armco etc,

plus i live in Birmingham so i could walk there!
Old 1 Feb 2001, 19:02 (Ref:61700)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did you see the thing Autosport did a few months back on a F1 street race round London? Replace F1 with BTCC and you'd have a race on your hands.
Old 1 Feb 2001, 20:43 (Ref:61740)   #3
Didderly
Rookie

Didderly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definatly!! That would be great.

If anyone ever saw Soper racing aroud Macau in the BMW all those years ago. When during practice he would use his wing mirrors to judge the distance to the walls. When he whiped off one, he knew he had the rightline. Then go back to the pits, have it replaced, and master anothter corner!!! Amazing!!
Old 1 Feb 2001, 21:21 (Ref:61758)   #4
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep-bring back the Birmingham street race and that would be an event! And i could cycle there, of course.
Old 1 Feb 2001, 23:42 (Ref:61822)   #5
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trouble is that Britain is now ruled by the NIMBY's and thay would never allow anything so interesting!
Old 2 Feb 2001, 01:39 (Ref:61842)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
the street race debate is alive and in full swing here in Oz..but I would like to see a BTCC street race..would they all make through turn one ???

the problem we are having is that permanent race circuits are losing there round of the V8's to these street races and that is always bad for the sport because venue's rely on the big events for revenue and if this is not coming then there is a chance that we could loose some of these tracks.

so the idea would be not to have to many of them ..moderation is the key word.

we currently have Adelaide, Canberra,Bathurst,Surfers Paradise and a proposed one in my home town of Albury/Wodonga..that looks like way to many already.

but it would be good to see
Old 2 Feb 2001, 06:31 (Ref:61856)   #7
PBrock
Rookie

PBrock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would say bathurst is more of a road course with a little street maybe and sufers paradise is only a support race to the indy cars. If any street circuit gets the go ahead in the near future i would have to say freo 2002 to replace barbagello.