Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 Sep 2020, 10:26 (Ref:4007347)   #176
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
As a matter of fact Jarier was the only one who got a race finish in that second car
That's quite possible, I didn't get into the details for why it happened but still: championship contender in 1 car, 0 points combined for the other car.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 10:37 (Ref:4007350)   #177
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
With the fact that Max seems to be able to get the car almost to Mercedes level, Red Bull need to decide if they want to win the manufacturers title they need a better no two driver and they might have to find that away from their usual sources
To be fair, Max is getting the car to do what it is capable of. The car isn't bad, and can only be driven to its maximum capability within the laws of physics.

I think Anthony Davidson referred to it as 'blueprinting' when people asked him if Max was outperforming the car.....he replied that its not possible to do that.

Red Bull certainly need a better driver at the moment. I dont know what they are doing wrong as an organisation but their drivers seem perfectly capable in the junior team, but in the Red Bull they arent cutting it.

Whether its the car that is so skewed design wise to one driver, whether its parts, the engineering team etc etc, but drivers dont become junior team sensations to incapable overnight.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 11:50 (Ref:4007367)   #178
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
TI dont know what they are doing wrong as an organisation but their drivers seem perfectly capable in the junior team, but in the Red Bull they arent cutting it.

Whether its the car that is so skewed design wise to one driver, whether its parts, the engineering team etc etc, but drivers dont become junior team sensations to incapable overnight.
Is it just a case of:

1) Last year Gasly binned it in pre-season testing and he never recovered from that mentally, then the pressure built and built and he wilted further. Back in a less pressurised environment he's able to relax more and drive without fear of failure.
2) This years Alpha Tauri is a better car than the Red Bull.
3) Gasly and Kvyat would be no better than Albon in the Red Bull - whilst Albon may well be quicker in the Alpha Tauri.
4) Max is getting the best results of the 4 drivers as he's clearly the best driver.
5) Max would be quicker in the Alpha Tauri.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 11:53 (Ref:4007368)   #179
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not sure if the Alpha Tauri is necessarily better than the RBR, but it is certainly a top ten contender, which is why Albon, when qualifying badly, has been behind one or both of the Alphas on a few occasions
Old 29 Sep 2020, 12:12 (Ref:4007370)   #180
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Is it just a case of:

2) This years Alpha Tauri is a better car than the Red Bull.

5) Max would be quicker in the Alpha Tauri.
not sure if i agree with these points.

More user friendly yes, a better car? certainly not. there isnt THAT much of a difference between the level of the drivers in F1 to account for the 1+ second the AT is off the Red Bull in pace.

Ive no doubt Max would do better than the current AT drivers in that car, but he wouldnt get the AT further up the field than the RB is right now.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 12:32 (Ref:4007373)   #181
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would hardly describe Albon's tenure at Toro Rosso as him being a rookie sensation. Gasly wasn't notably more impressive (he at least scored such results as 4th at Bahrain) , and since his demotion seems to be the strongest driver that team has had since the days of Sainz and Verstappen.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 12:43 (Ref:4007376)   #182
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
6) Red Bull doesn't actually have a good driver development program.

Throw money at such a scheme, and let the laws of probability go to work. Verstappen isn't really that much of a product of theirs.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 13:32 (Ref:4007388)   #183
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s not surprising Sainz and Ricciardo left the programme. They knew that they weren’t a top priority for Red Bull, so they have found better places to be in terms of feeling wanted
Old 29 Sep 2020, 14:27 (Ref:4007397)   #184
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
The disposable drivers are the ones they don't want.
haha touche!
Old 29 Sep 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4007426)   #185
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
As a matter of fact Jarier was the only one who got a race finish in that second car
It's a long time ago but i am pretty sure Jumper let Laffite through near the finish in one of those races so Jacques got the point.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:39 (Ref:4007465)   #186
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
6) Red Bull doesn't actually have a good driver development program.

Throw money at such a scheme, and let the laws of probability go to work. Verstappen isn't really that much of a product of theirs.

Max only started driving in a Red Bull livery after he was already signed to Toro Rosso.

Helmut Marko was very impressed by his 3 race wins , 1 of those in the rain at the Norisring and after that signed him to drive for Toro Rosso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfFWWNZDzNY
Old 30 Sep 2020, 15:34 (Ref:4007614)   #187
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Max only started driving in a Red Bull livery after he was already signed to Toro Rosso.

Helmut Marko was very impressed by his 3 race wins , 1 of those in the rain at the Norisring and after that signed him to drive for Toro Rosso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfFWWNZDzNY
Well ok? and there's me thinking they were just desperate to stop Mercedes signing him.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4007810)   #188
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well ok? and there's me thinking they were just desperate to stop Mercedes signing him.
Merc also wanted him but wanted to give him a GP2 seat, and knowing what happened to Pascal Wehrlein, Esteban Ocon and George Russel I think Max made the right choice.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 16:41 (Ref:4007821)   #189
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is your point that if those three haven’t managed to get into the works team then there was no hope for Max?

I’d have thought Max would have had a better chance what with him being better.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 16:52 (Ref:4007824)   #190
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surprising lack of faith from Steve there.

You need to believe in Max and get behind him mate.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 21:17 (Ref:4007855)   #191
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Surprising lack of faith from Steve there.

You need to believe in Max and get behind him mate.

I have very much faith in Max , he has proven he can perform in a topteam

But Mercedes don't seem to have the same faith in their junior drivers, otherwise we would not have seen George Russel for a 3rd year at Williams next year
Old 1 Oct 2020, 21:23 (Ref:4007858)   #192
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
I have very much faith in Max , he has proven he can perform in a topteam

But Mercedes don't seem to have the same faith in their junior drivers, otherwise we would not have seen George Russel for a 3rd year at Williams next year
Their priority atm is Hamilton with a solid no.2 alongside.

Ocon or Russell would not suit that nor would they want to I suspect.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 21:56 (Ref:4007861)   #193
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:

and the same would go for Max if he had chosen Mercedes instead of Red Bull
Old 2 Oct 2020, 07:25 (Ref:4007886)   #194
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What if Ocon and Russell just aren't as good as Bottas?
Old 2 Oct 2020, 08:15 (Ref:4007895)   #195
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Or Hamilton..

But could be close to Max!
Old 2 Oct 2020, 10:18 (Ref:4007946)   #196
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I reckon Russell would bite Mercs hand off right now.....

Quote:
It's possible. I don't particularly rate Ocon, but I'd love to see Russell in a vaguely decent car.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 11:15 (Ref:4007954)   #197
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's possible. I think Mercedes has a pretty good idea where they stand vs. Bottas.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 12:13 (Ref:4007969)   #198
S griffin
Veteran

Russell is being hampered by his car, but his raw speed is not in doubt. He just keeps putting the Williams up higher than it perhaps should be. I would love to see him in a better car
Old 2 Oct 2020, 12:36 (Ref:4007975)   #199
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's possible. I don't particularly rate Ocon, but I'd love to see Russell in a vaguely decent car.[/QUOTE]

Me neither, trouble seems to follow him. Not convinced he's a team guy and you really have to be good to get away with that stuff.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 12:55 (Ref:4007978)   #200
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ocon was boosted by being a Mercedes programme driver booted out of F1 at the same time as Bottas had an almighty rut of form.

He suddenly and bizarrely became known as a potential Lewis challenger and fans were clamouring to have him back RIGHT AWAY because, as we know, matching Sergio Perez sometimes is the ultimate show of talent. Just what did Toto Wolff think he was doing?

You are never stronger in sport than when you are absent. You become a conduit for the hopes and dreams of fans desperate to see someone else winning.

This is a little bit my fear with Russell, only because he has been barely challenged at Williams. Latifi is doing a good job and Kubica tried his hardest but these aren't really great yardsticks. I do think there is something about Russell that will take him far, but it is easy to say that.
Closed Thread