Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Nov 2019, 02:20 (Ref:3940674)   #251
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not my scene, but I'm sure there are some who will like them. HSCC 40th Anniversary Meeting.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5928.JPG   IMG_5931.JPG   IMG_5932.JPG  

IMG_5937.JPG   IMG_5939.JPG   IMG_5926.JPG  

Old 15 Nov 2019, 02:32 (Ref:3940676)   #252
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few from the same meeting.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6018.JPG   IMG_6014.JPG   IMG_6044.JPG  

IMG_6017.JPG   IMG_6075.JPG   IMG_5986.JPG  

Old 15 Nov 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3940692)   #253
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Post 251, F2 cars, what a great series that was. Saw all of these when they were new!
PM re the cars.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3940693)   #254
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Picture 2 is a Ferrari 555,, 3is a Tojeiro Bristol,, the green car in 6 is an Alta. Got to think about 5 though.
Surely No 5 is an Elva?
Old 15 Nov 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3940696)   #255
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
Surely No 5 is an Elva?
My first thoughts, but google doesn’t come up with an Elva looking like that.....

Presume the car has run in the US at some point from the VSCCA sticker?
Old 15 Nov 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3940698)   #256
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was the DRW Imp but that was rear engined.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3940699)   #257
bauble
Veteran

England
Delta is bound to know. I don't.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3940711)   #258
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Picture 2 is a Ferrari 555,, 3is a Tojeiro Bristol,, the green car in 6 is an Alta. Got to think about 5 though.

It is an Elva Mk V circa 1961/2 - most went to the US so not a common sight over here.

I notice that no-one recognised my Alfa Zagato in post #240
Old 15 Nov 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3940715)   #259
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
It is an Elva Mk V circa 1961/2 - most went to the US so not a common sight over here.

Not a very observant bunch, are they Brian?
Old 15 Nov 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3940724)   #260
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post

Can anybody spot our fellow poster in this lot?
Attached Thumbnails
Brian 1.jpg   Brian 2.jpg   Brian 3.JPG  

Brian 4.jpg   Brian 5.jpg   Brian 6.JPG  

Old 15 Nov 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3940765)   #261
bauble
Veteran

England
MG Live 2015, a chance for you chaps to display your knowledge of British club racing;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4190.JPG   IMG_4495.JPG   IMG_4411.JPG  

IMG_4512.JPG   IMG_4515.JPG   IMG_4392.JPG  

Old 15 Nov 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3940773)   #262
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Pic #2 is a Davrian, also a potent weapon in tarmac rallying! Should be Imp powered unless been re-engined?
Old 15 Nov 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3940783)   #263
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Robin Herd competed on tarmac rallies with a 420 Hart engined Davrian, that was quick!1

The more interesting pictures in 261 are 3, George Phillips Special, MGTC and 6, Turner Lea Francis.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3940794)   #264
bauble
Veteran

England
Cor! People recognise all of the funny cars, but no one spotted the MGB!
Old 15 Nov 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3940807)   #265
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bob, what I spotted is the driver of the "strange" fuchsia car looking in his mirror! I guess he's already trying to find an answer which could be 071 RZ GM! Original spoiler…
Nice pics, great job, thanks again.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3940810)   #266
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bob, what I spotted is the driver of the "strange" fuchsia car looking in his mirror! I guess he's already trying to find an answer which could be 071 RZ GM! Original spoiler…
Nice pics, great job, thanks again.
I thinkit is a She.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3940811)   #267
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I thinkit is a She.
Yes, sure you’re right, but can’t remember the Lady’s name!

Edit- Sarah Bennett-Baggs?
Old 15 Nov 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3940812)   #268
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Is it Sarah Bennet Baggs? or wha ever her married name is.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3940813)   #269
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Is it Sarah Bennet Baggs? or wha ever her married name is.
Snap!
Old 15 Nov 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3940820)   #270
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry for the "he", apologies to the Lady but its hard to spot on my Apple screen. Only my bad, the pic is excellent! Vive les femmes au volant!
Old 16 Nov 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3940886)   #271
bauble
Veteran

England
Once again an era too far for me, but as most here are less aged than myself, these are what I think of as up-to-date. Probably historic to most, though;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5060.JPG   IMG_5061.JPG   IMG_5064.JPG  

IMG_5067.JPG   IMG_5078.JPG   IMG_5079.JPG  

Old 16 Nov 2019, 09:14 (Ref:3940893)   #272
bauble
Veteran

England
Let's get back to 'educating the masses', a look back at some of the marques that made Britain famous. I expect John R. to fill any blanks.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4998.JPG   IMG_5002.JPG   IMG_5017.JPG  

IMG_5001.JPG   IMG_5005.JPG   IMG_5027.JPG  

Old 16 Nov 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3940896)   #273
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Here we go:- 1, Lagonda. 2, Riley.3, Aston Martin, Bugatti & Alvis.4 Aston Martin, 5,Talbot & 6,Vauxhall.

Sure the Bugatti is not British though.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3940903)   #274
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Oddest Talbot I have ever seen!?
LM 17 gives game away.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3940911)   #275
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
rbs, I'm sure you can tell us what is the white car behind the Bug'…