Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 May 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3974573)   #2426
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love that Matra, and believe that is probably the car that I saw here when it came out to Australia to do Phillip Island and a few other Historic events including the Aus GP Supports a few years ago. Gorgeous sound.
Old 5 May 2020, 09:33 (Ref:3974580)   #2427
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What Matra?
The blue cars are a Lola & an Osella!
Old 5 May 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3974583)   #2428
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
What Matra?
The blue cars are a Lola & an Osella!
Matra! I ask you!
Old 5 May 2020, 10:43 (Ref:3974594)   #2429
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Using up a few stray images;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0088.jpg   IMG_0149.jpg   IMG_0150.jpg  

See Red a 005.JPG   IMG_0171.jpg   IMG_0155.jpg  

Old 5 May 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3974608)   #2430
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I, too, love the Matra livery cars… What will happen with this kind of sponsored cars and why aren't the two blue color exactly the same I wonder? I fact no big deal, great cars wonderful pics.

We have so much to learn from our elders, for instance instant valve clearance on a Mog'!
Old 5 May 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3974620)   #2431
bauble
Veteran

England
Speaking of Matras;
Attached Thumbnails
Revival 2007 2 006.JPG   Revival 2007 2 009.JPG   Revival 2007 2 059.JPG  

Revival 2007 2 023.JPG   Revival 2007 2 028.JPG   Revival 2007 2 024.JPG  

Old 5 May 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3974622)   #2432
bauble
Veteran

England
For EB. These are Allards.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0745.jpg   053.JPG   209.JPG  

IMG_4645.JPG   Bentley Drivers 488.JPG   464.JPG  

Old 5 May 2020, 17:45 (Ref:3974651)   #2433
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bob I can't help watching again and again #2429 pic 6, enjoying every detail of the engine. Apart from a so-called serious job, I wrote quite a few articles and had to check many pictures. Yours are really brilliant, this is not a compliment because you're my friend. Technical wise its fantastic. Congrats. Dont be modest, please…
Old 5 May 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3974653)   #2434
bauble
Veteran

England
Old English;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7155.JPG   IMG_7157.JPG   IMG_7162.JPG  

IMG_7165.JPG   IMG_7172.JPG   IMG_7177.JPG  

Old 5 May 2020, 18:26 (Ref:3974654)   #2435
bauble
Veteran

England
And some Italian beauties;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5661.JPG   IMG_5669.JPG   IMG_5671.JPG  

IMG_5678.JPG   IMG_5687.JPG   IMG_5688.JPG  

Old 6 May 2020, 07:26 (Ref:3974722)   #2436
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who or what links all of these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Link (3).jpg
Views:	8
Size:	873.6 KB
ID:	60515Click image for larger version

Name:	Link (5).jpg
Views:	9
Size:	638.0 KB
ID:	60516Click image for larger version

Name:	Link (6).JPG
Views:	8
Size:	701.0 KB
ID:	60517
Click image for larger version

Name:	Link (1).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	738.2 KB
ID:	60518Click image for larger version

Name:	Link (4).JPG
Views:	7
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	60519Click image for larger version

Name:	Link (2).JPG
Views:	11
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	60520
Old 6 May 2020, 08:23 (Ref:3974728)   #2437
bauble
Veteran

England
The only 'sensible' link I can discern, RB is that you probably took all of the pictures, they are different makes, and I doubt very much if the same designer is involved. It dose not look like the same driver in each car, and they are different colours, era's, engine configuration, and cover single seaters, saloons, and sports cars. The pics are at different venues, so there is not much left, so my only guess would be that someone has owned them all at some time.
Other than that I can only name two of the marques, a Riley and one that has Ford written on the side.

Come on EB you will know the answer.

Baffled of Bedfordshire.
Old 6 May 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3974732)   #2438
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say they are all birds of prey. I can spot Hawke Formula Ford, Condor Formula Junior, Harrier GT, Eagle IndyCar and not sure about the other two.
Old 6 May 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3974733)   #2439
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riley Kestrel and Ford Falcon ?
Old 6 May 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3974742)   #2440
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Correct GCC
Old 6 May 2020, 09:53 (Ref:3974747)   #2441
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Correct GCC
That's one for he birds, as they say.

Very good RB.
Old 6 May 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3974789)   #2442
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh. I thought theyy were all wearing Bell helmets. Wrong!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 6 May 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3974796)   #2443
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Oh. I thought theyy were all wearing Bell helmets. Wrong!

[B']Bells Helmets'[/B] Midge, do get a grip!
Old 6 May 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3974797)   #2444
bauble
Veteran

England
Men at work!
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0024.JPG   IMG_1905.jpg   IMG_5095.jpg  

Revival 2007 2 063.JPG   Revival 2007 2 032.JPG   _MG_0492.jpg  

Old 6 May 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3974798)   #2445
bauble
Veteran

England
It is all black and white;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0147 (2).JPG   Picture 157 (2).jpg   See Red 07 168 (2).JPG  

J2X (2).jpg   IMG_0783 (2).JPG   IMG_0946 (3).jpg  

Old 6 May 2020, 19:11 (Ref:3974801)   #2446
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I suppose you can't realize that with lets say ten pages of pictures here, we could have races for a hundred years here! You beauties are alive and not standing in a secret collection or dark hidden garage… What a living museum.
Old 6 May 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3974815)   #2447
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
[B']Bells Helmets'[/B] Midge, do get a grip!
?????????

Old 6 May 2020, 21:58 (Ref:3974821)   #2448
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
?????????

Hell's bells Midge, surely you get it?
Old 7 May 2020, 04:34 (Ref:3974846)   #2449
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho lÃ*, lÃ*, lÃ*, lÃ*, lÃ*……… Il est temps que sonne la fin du confinement. We all are thick now. Max do you remember For whom the bell tolls may be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO3l6qNA2Q4
Nous sommes une bande de gongs, n'est-ce pas EB?
Old 7 May 2020, 06:13 (Ref:3974852)   #2450
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Hell's bells Midge, surely you get it?
I do now but then it helps when you get the formatting right. The HTML code was showing ...