Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Mar 2020, 09:31 (Ref:3967148)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
One more precision… in a french car, what you find on your left hand is not the gear stick, its the door handle!
Anyone in touch with the owner of a heavily modified blue Capri posting here a while ago and working at Heathrow? He could join the happy pack of Salooncars, our version of Modsports. Many others too.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3967212)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Ha, left hand drive is good for me, my motorhome is LHD and I've done 50k miles in 5 years in it. Also raced a LHD FIA Anglia at Mallory Park a few years ago, made the impolite mistake of being quicker than the owner, most embarassing!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3967216)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Have to do something with the seat, 1,91 m for me…

There will be a tomorrow. Historic racing will survive. Soyons fous, faisons des projets d'avenir!

A good height, 1.9 for me
Old 27 Mar 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3967219)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The Bugatti is a quite conventional track. May be you'll have to adjust your trajectories to a non single seater, as on usual. In case of rain, two places are really slippery, the "garage vert" a long double right and the "chemin aux boeufs" which is what we call a pif-paf or chicane, meaning a very tight left-right. In spite of a very long climbing straight which is famous, in case of rain a small displacement engined car can surprise the big dogs.
Do you know it already or sim experienced it may be?
I prefer RHD cars but with the gearstick on the right…
Old 27 Mar 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3967220)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A good height, 1.9 for me
Hey Joe, you're what we call a big sausage!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 15:42 (Ref:3967224)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Should Max join us, a very good thing imo, the Alain Prost karting track is renowned not only for its lawn mower engined karts! Few yards from the paddock.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3967226)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope you will have the opportunity to play your music in France, Joe. Do you know that Johnny Halliday used to song a remake of The house of the rising sun? Same music but instead of a house of joy, Hallyday was singing Le pénitencier. More politically correct.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3967230)   #33
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
We're guessing our tour in June is cancelled now, festival in Le Havre was a highlight. maybe next year all being well.
Old 21 May 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3977557)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Seems we could meet more than one Tenther there if everything goes right. Good news. Just one thing dont forget your valve caps…
Old 22 May 2020, 09:56 (Ref:3977668)   #35
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm considering doing it in the BMW.

Even stumped up the extra cash for the appropriate licence just before the Coronavirus f***ed everything up for all of us.

So who knows what will happen now? I guess we can't even be sure at this stage if it will definitely go ahead? Will us Brits be allowed into the country without having to spend time in quarantine? That would put a bit of a damper on it, to say the least!

I would still be tempted though, funds permitting of course. After all, I can't see MSUK giving me a refund on the licence just because I decided not to use it, can you?
Old 22 May 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3977683)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Depending on the year/model/displacement I think you could enter it in several grids. Is it an M3? If they dont merge GT Classic and Salooncars as they sometimes do you can prepare yourself to have a busy weekend.
Old 22 May 2020, 23:01 (Ref:3977806)   #37
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is it an M3?

I wish!

But it's an E30 325i.

So that's late '80s, 2.5 litre six-pot, triple Webers.
Old 24 May 2020, 06:32 (Ref:3978000)   #38
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
There are too many different grids in CSCC for me to understand but I think you could enter Future Classics and french Salooncars/GT Classic which will be one grid instead of two. Depending on what you wish, want and can afford.
Old 24 May 2020, 06:36 (Ref:3978002)   #39
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And again you'll all will be welcome, if I can help ask me dont hesitate a single second, but I'm not recommending anyone to travel abroad.
Old 24 May 2020, 11:52 (Ref:3978053)   #40
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Thanks Gerard!

Yes, Future Classics is my regular haunt. Of course, whatever happens it would be an expensive weekend to do this event, so a lot depends on funds.

But also, travel may be the big problem - as things stand at the moment, the idea of two weeks quarantine before and after rather kills the idea somewhat. Let's hope those restrictions are lifted by then, as it's simply not practical otherwise.

Gerard - the French Saloon/GT Classic: what sort of stuff would be racing in that race? Are they having just one race at this meeting, and what's the format/length likely to be? And, of course, if you happen to know - how much is the entry fee likely to be?

If it was affordable, it might make sense to enter more than one race having spent all the money to get there!
Old 24 May 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3978086)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Paul, the idea behind GT Classic was to make a "prestigious" grid, with Ferraris Lambos and stuff like this. I must confess that before the first season I was consulted about the Porsches because I drove many 911's in different trims. Of course, two 993 Bi-turbo showed up together with one or two Vipers, killing the competition. Sadly, this grid is more or less dying with some 964's and 968's… Hence the Salooncars to join sometimes which should be the case at Bugatti.

Salooncars grid is operated by a very nice person, Claude Maurel, sport and pleasure oriented. The guy is cool! You can have Bimmers, 996 GT3 cup, Audi Quattros and a fast Seven to name few. All in all, very different cars but a lot of battes at different levels. The rules are simple and there's no police to spoil your pleasure. Just find a bloke and have fun.

If everything goes right, talking with my rose tinted glasses, I'll enter my poor little MX5 on road tyres just for the pleasure to drive and share it with MG David. I know the guy is fast and if ever the rain comes…

Have to check the race format, usually its either 2X30' or one hour with mandatory pit stop. I know the Bugatti is very expensive to rent for any organiser. I'll ask Claude if its possible to escape the annual fee for foreigners, can guarantee nothing but trying.

As you say, while you're here why not drive the more you can? This year is different in many aspects, isn't it? I see only one problem entering two grids is the gap between two races to add fuel in the tank and some water in the driver!
Again if everything goes right, we'll be several Tenthers to give help. Would be a nice way to give a kick to the virus…
Old 24 May 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3978087)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
On board view from Vincent Delarche's Seven at Charade last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNoXy8PUafc
Dont worry, the smallest car but certainly the best driver of this batch. He now has more power under the pedal -180 HP in the 1600 Crossflow-, the 996 will be far behind…
Dont tell me about his rear axle noise, my Capri has the same!!
Old 24 May 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3978091)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
After a loooong search found this result sheet:
https://www.its-results.com/hvm/2019...f-1e3a091bfbc2
Hope it works…
Old 24 May 2020, 18:09 (Ref:3978108)   #44
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Salooncars grid is operated by a very nice person, Claude Maurel, sport and pleasure oriented. The guy is cool!

That name rings a bell. I'm sure he was one of the French drivers that came over to the UK for a race with HRSR back in the early 1990s. Silverstone, I seem to recall. I shall search out old results sheets.
Old 24 May 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3978112)   #45
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hi Morning! It could be either Claude the father or Franck his son. Interesting career for Franck, a brilliant mechanic, specialized in transmissions probably the best here to fix a Bimmer trans. He runs a small company, Blue Fox engineering, and rebuilt interesting cars like a Cesca-Grac. This one looks a little bit like a GRD.
Old 24 May 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3978116)   #46
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was in July 1992 at Brands Hatch, not Silverstone. It was Claude and he drove a Renault R8 Gordini. He retired in the race. A certain Gordon Streeter came 3rd in that race.
Old 25 May 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3978194)   #47
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Spot on morninggents, Claude does remember the loss of the flywheel bolts, something common on those small french engines!

For those interested in entering more than a CSCC grid, you must contact the Salooncars operator at least 15 days prior to the race. Format should be one Free Qualy, one Qualy and two 30' races, entry around 800 €. Sorry I understand the price is not accurate but given the circumstances…
Old 25 May 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3978210)   #48
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Spot on morninggents, Claude does remember the loss of the flywheel bolts, something common on those small french engines!

Also occurred frequently on overpowered Ford engines as well, especially if one used standard issue bolts from Fords as I did for a time. Luckily, a kindly soul from Boreham came to my rescue, and he kindly donated a box of specially made hardened steel bolts made for them by GKN; never had a problem in that department again, I'm glad to say.
Old 25 May 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3978229)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Some old Renault aluminium cases were known for a certain lack of rigidity, hence the crank to wave above a certain rev limit located for sure well behind the Ford one. I'd say around the 7k mark. Not mentioning the damn paper seals under the sleeves…
Old 2 Jun 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3979854)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Event maintained.