Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Aug 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2513747)   #51
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
few good runs this weekend, i though the sprint tyre worked well this weekend and to top it off some good close racing i enjoyed it.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2513757)   #52
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
few good runs this weekend, i though the sprint tyre worked well this weekend and to top it off some good close racing i enjoyed it.
Yeah it was a good weekends racing...

Jason R on Courtney...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 2 Aug 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2513777)   #53
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford v Holden grunt...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 2 Aug 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2513789)   #54
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think Jase might get pinged for his touch on Crashney.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 09:55 (Ref:2513790)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it will be heard at QLD (well a number of incidents have been held over to be heard at QLD, i assume this is one of them)
Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2513795)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
it will be heard at QLD (well a number of incidents have been held over to be heard at QLD, i assume this is one of them)
Which is insane considering the racing stopped at 3pm, and the drivers and teams were still at the track until nearly 6pm

Lots of time available for hearings you would have thought!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2513797)   #57
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
would not some of those officials have been involved in the fujitsu races?

but i tend to agree with you, maybe they had to catch a plane back to the GG
Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2513800)   #58
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Ricko's head cam...

Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2513825)   #59
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
Good work by the flaggie, yellow was waving before the car had finished tumbling! Well done mate!
MMMMMMMMMM quick Draw McGraw eh?? no need for a yellow in the end. Car was well and truly out on Dandenong Rd.......just call for towing allocation and keep racing
Old 2 Aug 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2513832)   #60
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Ford v Holden grunt...

I noticed the JDR cars had an edge in straight line speed over the other top contenders at Symmons. It's just the retune for ethanol. I'm sure the others are playing catch up...
Old 2 Aug 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2514157)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
R2

Series Points
Old 3 Aug 2009, 05:08 (Ref:2514333)   #62
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I suspect that was a good preview of 2010.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2514441)   #63
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
I suspect that was a good preview of 2010.
That about sums up the situation......I didn't bother watching the round. There's not likely to be any competition between the 2 brands next year and I don't want to watch "Formula commodore" so I guess it's the end for me.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2514445)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
you missed an exciting race then bluesport. While Saturdays was a bit tame, Sundays was very interesting
Old 3 Aug 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2514451)   #65
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, what?... you're not happy with 4 Fords & 4 Holdens currently in the top eight positions in the championship???

Maybe you should watch the Fujitsu Series; where, at the last round, there were 12 Fords & 5 Holdens???

Not to mention, that championship is currently lead by 6 Fords followed by 2 Holdens then another 2 Fords!!!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2515043)   #66
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Um, I think we were talking about HRT/888 dominating next year (as they are now) but 888 will be in Holdens ...
Old 3 Aug 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2515050)   #67
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Um, I think we were talking about HRT/888 dominating next year (as they are now) but 888 will be in Holdens ...
Exactly, 2010 will be just like watching a "one make" series.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2515756)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
An official 3 day crowd (according to AA) of 41,068 must be disappointing!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2515795)   #69
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My first visit to Sandown and we were amazed at the tiny crowd - especially compared to the sardine can that I was in at Townsville.

Caught the train Saturday and even the grandstand was only half full. Sunday over the back and still found a place to park the car on the hill at 10am!

Yes the weather was a bit iffy (cold, showers predicted and windy) but we were gobsmacked by the lack of people.

No doubt $65 entry just for Sunday's a bit steep ($90 for 3 day pass)
$7 Boags cans doesn't help either...

On another note, why you can't walk from one part of the circuit to the other is beyond me. A gorilla in a security suit stopped us trying to walk from the back of the pits down to turn 12; and try getting anywhere over the back of the track from the railway station!
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 5 Aug 2009, 04:02 (Ref:2515871)   #70
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it any better on Sunday as far as people in the grand stand?

Cheers
Steve
Old 5 Aug 2009, 05:58 (Ref:2515895)   #71
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
An official 3 day crowd (according to AA) of 41,068 must be disappointing!
Maybe they should sack the promoter?
Old 5 Aug 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2515961)   #72
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
why you can't walk from one part of the circuit to the other is beyond me. A gorilla in a security suit stopped us trying to walk from the back of the pits down to turn 12; and try getting anywhere over the back of the track from the railway station!
Sandown was never designed to allow the Average Punter to cut a full lap around the outside of the track like you can at other circuits.

There is no direct path from the Paddock area behind the pit lane over to the hill between Dandy Rd & the Causeway and never really has been except for back in the pre 1984 upgrade days when you paid to get in as you entered the track off the overpass and the spectator mounds weren't fenced off like they are now. The area between the Paddock area & Turn 12 has a creek running through it which I've seen change from a trickle to a torrent in a matter of minutes so they don't like people getting to close to it.

I don't know if you still can but it was possible to walk from Rothmans Rise down past the toilet block along a narrow path to Dandy Road and then walk out the gate at the back and along the main road to the back of the paddock area and through to the Grandstand. There also used to be a shuttle bus which just cut laps aroud the complex.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2515970)   #73
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
from my point of view i was almost a no show because i wasnt going to pay $130 to sit in the grandstand when last year i sat there for $30ish.

The weather while not great wasnt bad and wasnt an issue when you sat in the grandstand, but if they were not letting me in why would i go

i was able to get in on the saturday (and the friday) does anyone know if they were checking tickets on the sunday?
Old 5 Aug 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2515995)   #74
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did see a bus dropping people off in the Pub car park behind the spectator area at Turn 6, but I don't know how you would go on it.

Couple of mitigating facts:
Business end of the AFL season, Bitterly cold wind, Rain, Live TV to the local area. There are probably more.

I don't think $90 for three days was too bad, till I realised how hard it is to get around (due to the layout for this weekend in particular) the place. areas that were closed off for no apparent reason on Friday were very annoying.

Wonder what the TV ratings were?