Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What actions will the FIA take against Ferrari?
Nothing at all 8 19.51%
Give them a warning 12 29.27%
Fine them 6 14.63%
Take away points 9 21.95%
Race bans or Suspended bans 6 14.63%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 May 2002, 16:43 (Ref:288196)   #1
Mark F1
Racer

Mark F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What will the FIA do about Ferrari on 26th June?

I'm afraid they will probably only get a slap on the wrists and a "Don't do it again" from the men in suits. Let's face it, the FIA are more concerned about the incidents during the podium celebrations than the actual "Race Fixing"

Old 16 May 2002, 16:49 (Ref:288202)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this story keeps heating up the way it is, they will have to do something drastic or the courts will do it for them.

Bernie is tottering on the edge of the grave with one foot on a banana peel as it is -- he does not want to go down in history as the man who turned F1 into a roaring farce. Believe me, something will be done.
Old 16 May 2002, 17:31 (Ref:288219)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see a ban, as it would really teach them a lesson.
Old 16 May 2002, 17:37 (Ref:288222)   #4
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No fines - they have too much money between them.

I'd like to see them stripped of the Austrian points and banned for the next race. The sponsors would go ape if they missed a GP!

But, that is probably too optimistic.

FIA = Forsee insignificant action!

Old 16 May 2002, 17:54 (Ref:288229)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I hope I'm wrong, but if past experience is anything to go by, they'll be told not to do it again in such a way as that
Old 16 May 2002, 17:57 (Ref:288235)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure what exactly, but I do know that the number one consideration in their decision will be $$$$$$$$$.

They'll want to find away to keep the sponsors, and keep the zealots paying for their digital TV, and spending their paycheques on Ferrari merachandise.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 16 May 2002, 20:31 (Ref:288319)   #7
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I voted for 'race bans'... I have a feeling that Ferrari & Michael went too far this time. If FIA doesnt take any action, formula one's reputation will go down the drain.
Old 16 May 2002, 20:42 (Ref:288335)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has Bernie or Max for that matter commented on what happenned? They've been far too quiet for my liking.
Old 16 May 2002, 20:42 (Ref:288336)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there will be warned, or fined. Not much more.
Old 16 May 2002, 21:40 (Ref:288386)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
If FIA doesnt take any action, formula one's reputation will go down the drain.
Will go? I think it's already gone - on Monday several people I spoke to at school asked me how I could watch a sport as disgraceful as F1 because it was an insult to its fans, and that was from people who don't even like F1.

I think Ferrari will get a warning and/or suspended ban - so in effect nothing, because the FIA will never ban Ferrari. Just like after Malaysia 99, Ferrari will be able to bend the rules beyond the recognition of anybody with half a brain so that they can wriggle out of trouble.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 16 May 2002, 21:51 (Ref:288392)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
OK take there points off them. Or give them a 3 race ban. Better still, through them out of the series for the rest of the season. Problem solved.

Then rewrite the history of almost every championship since 1950. And don't forget to hand Michael and Ferrari the WDC after Mika and DC traded places at Melbourne (1998?).

Be realistic, as disgusting as it was, it was legal. It should'nt be, but it is. I think all we can do (the fans) is boycott the sponsors and support other teams. When it hurts financially, they'll stop doing it.

And for the podiam stuff, seriously, it is really worth anything more than a warning or fine, No. We cannot change what happened in Austria, and its bad Karma to keep trying. However, we can keep the pressure on to make sure it does'nt happen again.
Old 16 May 2002, 21:57 (Ref:288401)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

Be realistic, as disgusting as it was, it was legal.
But was it? Isn't it a criminal offence to fix the outcome of sporting events?
Old 16 May 2002, 22:07 (Ref:288410)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing there is major pending litigation being bruited about in Austria and Italy, and that's just for openers, I would guess that this has gone well beyond being an FIA matter. This is a matter for the courts now. Whatever the FIA do to TGF and Rubens will be just a small footnote now.

Whether he wants to admit it or not, TGF's career is over, whether he continues to drive in a rigged championship or not.
Old 16 May 2002, 22:38 (Ref:288438)   #14
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie needs the money...
Old 16 May 2002, 23:05 (Ref:288448)   #15
Doc Sideways
Rookie

Doc Sideways should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Be realistic, as disgusting as it was, it was legal.....
Ahh, but it wasn't! Team Orders are legal in F1, but race fixing and/or bringing the sport into disrepute are NOT, be it in F1's regs or National laws.

And that is what this whole furore is about. An immoral decision. They did NOT overstep the technical bounds in respect of the order, but they overstepped a fine line morally and that is what needs to be punished.

I HOPE they take Ferrari's WCC points away from Austria, AND More actually.

But I think the best we can hope for is the following;
The FIA appear to more upset (wrongly imho) about the Podium antics than the race result. And so I reckon the "slap on the wrist" (because that's what what I'm about to suggest will amount to) for Ferrari will be that seeing as MS saw fit to hand RB position 1 on the Dias AND the trophy, the FIA will say something like; "Fine, then RB gets the win and the points and MS takes second."

That's what I reckon is the best we can hope for. Anything more than that........... is a Bonus!!
Old 16 May 2002, 23:11 (Ref:288452)   #16
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FIA can not do anything about the team orders as they are legal the only thing they can take action against is their performanmce on the podium, and for that Barra and schumi will get a warning.
Old 16 May 2002, 23:13 (Ref:288455)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
OK, so we will they introduce this punishment retrospectively and drag Mika and David in as well?
Old 17 May 2002, 01:36 (Ref:288506)   #18
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
quoted by Ralf's girl.

Quote:
Will go? I think it's already gone
Yeah right.. I should've added ... 'forever'!
Old 17 May 2002, 02:08 (Ref:288508)   #19
renniesmill
Rookie

renniesmill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it depends if ferrari wins the next three races or not...

if they do, fia will ban them for the most rediculous reasons... like their cars are red or something...

if they dont win the races & montoya are in the lead of the championship, fia will do nothing...

Old 17 May 2002, 02:44 (Ref:288521)   #20
wrenchpuller
Rookie

wrenchpuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well folks, my vote was for a warning.But my opinion is that they should loose their points scored and the team should receive at least a one race suspension.
Old 17 May 2002, 03:09 (Ref:288530)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
None of the above. In view of pending litigation from several fronts, the FIA will defer indefinitely any public action they take against Rubens, MSch and Ferrari, not only at their own instigation but at the request of Ferrari's legal representatives. In fact, I can see the whole thing dragging out for a long time. I just hope this doesn't bring down F1 under the present rules, which I am sure Liz will agree, are full of loopholes.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 17 May 2002, 03:29 (Ref:288534)   #22
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing at all.

The FIA will release a statement which says something but nothing at all.
Old 17 May 2002, 05:08 (Ref:288566)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i think, initially, the FIA will tell Ferrari that they are going to take away the points, but Ferrari, will offer to put more money in the FIA's coffers, and Ferrari won't then lose any points!
Old 17 May 2002, 06:32 (Ref:288599)   #24
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They MUST at least take away the points earned in Austria. Fining them won't do anything because it's Ferrari and money means almost bugger all to them.

I would like to see Ferrari banned, but that is too unrealistic a scenario.

If they are only fined, I walk away from F1.
Old 17 May 2002, 08:31 (Ref:288662)   #25
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
i think, initially, the FIA will tell Ferrari that they are going to take away the points, but Ferrari, will offer to put more money in the FIA's coffers, and Ferrari won't then lose any points!