Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robin Miller article

From speedtv.com
Old 6 Jan 2005, 07:14 (Ref:1194284)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Very entertaining read. Thanks, Dov.

I certainly don't agree with everything he says, but I'm not supposed to! Everybody's got a right to their opinion, even when they're wrong!

Fernandez didn't deserve a Weasel.
But PT deserved one to go along with his Slammy in Milwaukee.

PT deserved a Buddy for his much-publicized pro-CC banter early in the year. Jourdain deserved one for flipping Rahal and sticking around. And every new team owner deserves to have their image on the trophy!

I didn't realize The Chipmeister had such a poor season!

Yeah, good read IMO! Ends with a good chuckle about PG and Ron Hemelgarn!
Old 6 Jan 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1194453)   #3
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, thanx, Dov. As Macdaddy said, interesting reading and nobody will agree with ALL of it.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1194469)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy to see that Ganassi had a terrible year, particularly in the face of his ill-considered offer for Cosworth Engines.

I would offer a Zanardi to Oriol Servia for the first Dale Coyne Podium in 12 years. What a boost for the most loyal and enthusiastic team owner in Champ Cars!
Old 6 Jan 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1194509)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Ganassi wasn't in Grand Am, he would have been virtually shut out completely in 2004...his NASCAR team didn't pee a drop, either

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Jan 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1194733)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to second Liz's "Zanardi" nomination but add a "Buddy". This time last year, I was very critical of Coyne's efforts, but not his spirit. This year they proved they can do it. Imagine if Coyne managed to snag major sponsorship and could hire top team talent to support Servia or another good driver. They could conceivably win a championship.

I think Zanardis are in order for Bruno @ Surfers, PT at Vancouver and Dominguez all season long. Since Bourdais' season was so strong I don't think there's a need to give him one for every terrific performance.

Who else can we come up with awards for?
Old 10 Jan 2005, 01:34 (Ref:1196921)   #7
LadyRaceFan
Rookie

LadyRaceFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would second Liz's Zanardi as well.

Would also definitely give Tracy a slammy for Toronto. Since the only thing he didn't hit was the helicopter.

Would also give all of the teams a buddy for putting on the best season they could under the circumstances