Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Sep 2007, 18:52 (Ref:2019156)   #51
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
You all think we could venture back to The Future of Corvette some?? Thanks!!

L.P.
I think that the future of Corvette Racing, really depends on how much money GM is willing to pay Pratt&Miller. The good news is that GM is doing a lot better now, so they have no problem financially with the current program or resinging Pratt&Miller after their current contract is up in 2010. Assuming that Pratt&Miller wants to stay with GM.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 19:19 (Ref:2019171)   #52
notguilty
Racer

notguilty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont know if this was mentioned before but there was a rumor i saw about LG motorsports entering the ALMS. My thought why not turn over running the C6R's in the states over to them and run the factory team in europe. That way we keep some cars in the GT1 class and with no factory corvette per say that might give an added insentive for others to join. just a thought
Old 20 Sep 2007, 19:34 (Ref:2019180)   #53
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
Depends on HOW they control it! Thats why I asked how it worked.
If NASA (my race orgainzation ) said they wanted to control my CPM, I would say BYE-BYE and go join the SCCA BS.

Computer codes in each CPM are based on each car AND driver, not a stock set of peramiters.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2019208)   #54
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by notguilty
i dont know if this was mentioned before but there was a rumor i saw about LG motorsports entering the ALMS.
LG has officially announced the sale of all their Speed World Challenge cars and spares. No word on their future plan, however. They were rumored to be working on a GT2 Corvette at one time.

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2019209)   #55
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
If NASA (my race orgainzation ) said they wanted to control my CPM, I would say BYE-BYE and go join the SCCA BS.

Computer codes in each CPM are based on each car AND driver, not a stock set of peramiters.

Really, stop drawing those conclusions, neither you or me knows how it works. I asked on the previous page how it worked but I havent got an answer on it yet. Neither you or me knows exactly what FIA did with the box, I've heard they did something with the spark timing or similar, which I find quite odd. Either way, it would most likely be some sort of standard program each team had to put in their computer together with their programs, that limits something in the engine, and would be identical for every car of the same model, and similar for all cars.
Theres a lot of series that the organisers control sertain parts of the program, FIA are even looking for providing spec ECUs for F1 with the new regs.
If done right, it should have no effect what so ever on teams leaving the serie, I belive this was encurraged by a lot of teams/manufacturers in FIA-GT as it would cut a whole lot of costs, as I said, the engine would be hugely more longlived when it doesnt have to choke all the time.

Either way, I asked a fairly straight forward question in my first post, and those speculations of yours arent providing any answers what so ever, or making it any clearer.

BTW, I dont think there has been more then tops 5 posts in this whole thread that can be regarded as really on topic... :P
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:10 (Ref:2019213)   #56
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
BTW, I dont think there has been more then tops 5 posts in this whole thread that can be regarded as really on topic... :P
Unfortunitly some ppl want black and white answers. Racing is not that way.

It worked. the FIA did not adopt at that time. Nuff said
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:11 (Ref:2019216)   #57
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
LG has officially announced the sale of all their Speed World Challenge cars and spares. No word on their future plan, however. They were rumored to be working on a GT2 Corvette at one time.
Anoucment will be made at Road Atlanta Speed World GT / ALMS race.

Race shop garage sales happen all the time.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 17:06 (Ref:2020522)   #58
flavorPacket
Rookie

United States
Ann Arbor, MI
flavorPacket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here's an on topic post for you.

There was a Pratt & Miller employee in the wind tunnel at my uni this week, testing things that I unfortunately can't describe in any detail, but looked very interesting and not like something I've seen on a GT car.

--Claude Rouelle
Old 22 Sep 2007, 17:10 (Ref:2020526)   #59
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
P&M is doing more than just raing. IIRC they are also involved in defence and aviation. So not everything they put into a wind-tunnel must be racing related.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 18:30 (Ref:2020559)   #60
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
P&M is doing more than just raing. IIRC they are also involved in defence and aviation. So not everything they put into a wind-tunnel must be racing related.
What? were did you get that from? http://www.prattmiller.com/
Old 22 Sep 2007, 18:54 (Ref:2020569)   #61
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/050702.html

...from this article.

Last edited by Speed-King; 22 Sep 2007 at 18:57.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 21:08 (Ref:2020643)   #62
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
That works. Would have been nice to have this link when first mentioned.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 21:20 (Ref:2020654)   #63
xtrac125
Rookie

xtrac125 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok for the worst kept secret in alms....pratt miller corvette racing to lmp1 09 or 2010 season.cadillac to gt2 in that same time frame. what corvette does in 08 all depends on who shows up for gt1 in 08....fyi...audi r10 gear box was desinged by audi and built by xtrac....
Old 22 Sep 2007, 23:50 (Ref:2020714)   #64
flavorPacket
Rookie

United States
Ann Arbor, MI
flavorPacket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ok pal, maybe I can spell it out a little clearer for you. PME were testing racing parts that would not normally be seen in GT racing. I am personally well aware of what PME does and does not do (even racing teams have interns!).

--Claude Rouelle
Old 23 Sep 2007, 01:24 (Ref:2020735)   #65
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only thing Ollie Gavin would give away on the Globecast GT regs debate was that P&M are only talking about ACO regs racing.

With GT1 on it's way out it obviously makes sense for them to build a GTP P1.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 09:52 (Ref:2020854)   #66
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrac125
ok for the worst kept secret in alms....pratt miller corvette racing to lmp1 09 or 2010 season.cadillac to gt2 in that same time frame.
Is that a fact now then ?

If so .....brilliant
Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:29 (Ref:2030042)   #67
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Posted 3 / Oct /07

ALMS: The Future of Corvette Racing: Steve Wesoloski Interview

Written by: Marshall PruettBraselton, GA – 10/3/2007

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/alms/40712/?page=2

"It would take a massive change in GM’s culture to imagine Corvette Racing pushing for a prototype in 2010." Steve Wesoloski
Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:47 (Ref:2030059)   #68
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Posted 3 / Oct /07

"It would take a massive change in GM’s culture to imagine Corvette Racing pushing for a prototype in 2010." Steve Wesoloski
Good one Tom.

It is necessary to remember that Chevy competes in sports cars, stock cars, sprint car, drag racing, and a myriad of short tracks across the US; Audi competes in sports cars.

Audi puts its money into the only competition market it can; for Chevy to spend millions on only one when it has other as viable options already running, is not logical.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:02 (Ref:2030072)   #69
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Posted 3 / Oct /07

Tom you better re-read the article. That is not a quote from Wesoloski!

L.P.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:15 (Ref:2030084)   #70
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tom you better re-read the article. That is not a quote from Wesoloski!

L.P.
The real quote on the issue of LMP from Wesoloski was: -

"It's certainly one of the options that we're going to continue to look at very heavily"

&

"winning overall at Le Mans is a very interesting opportunity"

Much more interesting ;-)

Mariantic
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:20 (Ref:2030092)   #71
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good article. I like the potential of Corvette and Pratt and Miller in the top class. It is mouth watering for sure. But they are just looking at it. Nothing concrete, so I'll keep myself grounded.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:31 (Ref:2030104)   #72
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Good article. I like the potential of Corvette and Pratt and Miller in the top class. It is mouth watering for sure. But they are just looking at it. Nothing concrete, so I'll keep myself grounded.
While I agree with Trevor as to the general tone of the interview, I think that it is still in no way decided (for public consumption) in which way the GM programs will go at this point. So keeping grounded is a reasonable position at this time. But I have to disagree with the writer in that it did not seem, from Steve's statements, that it would take an earth shaking event for GM to go Prototype racing in the near future!

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 3 Oct 2007 at 18:36.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:31 (Ref:2030105)   #73
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Ok maybe I miss quoted SW.

A big part of the info that is NOT said, do to not giving out future plans.

I do know in a few minor conversations that I have had with Corvette big shots that Corvette racing would love to run LM24 UNRESTRICTED, but we all know that will never happen.

I am sure more info will come out this week at Road Atlanta about the future of Corvette, and ALMS for 2008 as well.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 3 Oct 2007 at 18:34.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:38 (Ref:2030111)   #74
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
But I have to disagree with the writer in that it did not seem, from Steve's statements, that it would not take an earth shaking event for GM to go Prototype racing in the near future!
There's a definite trade off from GM's perspective. The PR value of racing a product similar to what they sell is a natural. However, the PR value of taking overall victories also has great potential. But I do agree, either choice is a real possibility. As a prototype fan I'm hoping they go for that option.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 03:30 (Ref:2033430)   #75
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette Racing won't compete in GT2 as a factory

(well duh, GT2 is intended for privateers)

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...0001/1024/FREE