Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 May 2007, 11:19 (Ref:1920958)   #1
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Look pet I have ne Idea what you are saying Just let wer in man" ERC France 07

Well, better late than never as they say.

My first experience of the ERC a couple of weekends ago was awsome!!!

As with most good weekends in rallycross - the best bits outside the racing cannot be written on a public forum!! But that what makes it so good. We all came back with some great stories. Least of all the quote that is the title of this thread. If I told you it was after 4am on Saturday morning, having been traveling non stop for over 14 hours, and it was being said to a french girl by a well know geordie-exile, you can build your own picture.

Another memory will be me and another well known forum member running around various control buildings trying to gather together enough words in french to explain that GT's transponder wasn't working, and they thought they had fixed it but could they check. It was very funny - and strange at the same time.

I would very much like to say firstly thankyou to George, he really is a star in rallycross! And secondly, well done to him. I know everyone has their views on his ERC outing, but having been there and whitnessed it first hand, and knowing what resorces can be put into his challenge, I really do think he could get up there - ok maybe not this year, be he knows that as well as anyone, and he's willing to learn!! And the move he attemped to pull on the outside going into the hairpin shows how much he wants it!

Coming home was also great fun in its own way - until that tiredness kicks in when you know you have to stay awake and your struggling. More than enough cans of red bull sorted that - but not for long!! (until 12pm monday when they suddenly seemed to kick in again just when i needed rest!)

All the classes were amazing, the top guys really are on a different planet to the top BRC drivers. Div1a was good to watch - and Div2 really got me thinking.

So lads, I know we cant do Hungry, but later in the year!

Few photos (off the 600 odd);

"I know this is good, but somehow it just isn't Croft in Febuary"

Paddock

This man worked pretty hard over the weekend

drool drool drool
Old 25 May 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1921008)   #2
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, everyone in the first photo looks so happy to be there...!
Old 25 May 2007, 13:20 (Ref:1921027)   #3
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They look like the three amigo's sitting there.
Old 25 May 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1921053)   #4
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen some of that bunch in the first pic, but didn't know it were guys from here. I was wearing a dewalt-fleece, maybe you recognise me next time and offer my a pint

It was my fifth visit to the ERC in France 4x Essay and 1x Mayenne, and it is correct that the best stories happen in the odd hours of the weekend. You all know the racing is top notch, but at night I was taken by some local youngsters to a Industry rave party in the middle of nowhere.... a barn between the fields... and I best keep the details to myself
Old 25 May 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1921164)   #5
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It had been a long time with no sleep, and we were trying to follow the french commentator