Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Jun 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2706359)   #16
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
When/where did Peugeot say they would build an open prototype?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2706361)   #17
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My question too!?.
And AMR as far as i know hasn't released any real specific data of their 2011 plans.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2706366)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport print edition says Aston Martin carried out a 2011 design study which has led them down the open car route with a 3.4l V8.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2706368)   #19
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Autosport print edition says Aston Martin carried out a 2011 design study which has led them down the open car route with a 3.4l V8.
Arh, but Autosport has been wrong in their articles before.
But let's see, im sure AMR or David Richards will say something in the weekend, as it's the ideal time for letting some details out.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2706414)   #20
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read somewhere(don´t know here) that Peugeot are considering an open car because they want to elimanate the condicioned air.
i don´t have sure but i think that´s it...

Can anyone confirm??
Old 7 Jun 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2706418)   #21
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All the teams are waiting for the 2011 regs to be finalized and released before making that sort of decision, though most likely have concepts for both closed and open cars developed to some level. Bruno Famin was candid about impatiently waiting for the ACO to stop dragging their feet on the regulations for that reason. Allan McNish, however, implied that Audi would continue their allegiance to the open concept as part of the corporate ethos.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 01:39 (Ref:2706455)   #22
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT2-R, I'm with you man...though I wouldn't mind if cars looking like that (even a vette) formed the basis for a newer GT1 formula either. Whatever way is fine... I would also be happy if they just accepted the top 10 or 12 cars from the FIA GT1 WC as the GT1 class. Now THAT would be nice...

(forming yet another unpopular opinion, lol)

pit
Old 8 Jun 2010, 01:41 (Ref:2706456)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's some talk about a spec chassis.

When all's said and done I expect the chassis to be virtually identical to current cars with major changes limited to the engine and hybrid systems.

The whole reason the Evo rules were dropped was so current chassis could continue racing.

OAK Racing have built a 2011 P1 development car so the regulations must be pretty much finalised, a number of current P2 teams also look likely to move upto P1.

Last edited by JAG; 8 Jun 2010 at 02:08.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 08:42 (Ref:2706548)   #24
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn, the R15 is so new and they are already developing a new car.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2706550)   #25
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
Damn, the R15 is so new and they are already developing a new car.
anything else would just be a compromise. And against a brand new Peugeot, a compromise isn't the best shot!
Old 8 Jun 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2706574)   #26
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The ACO is to blame because there is no transition period from the current to the new rules.

With the arrival of smaller engines and a hybrid drive train, a new chassis is almost mandatory. Weight balance can be improved because the engine will be shorter, gearbox can be made lighter because it has to cope with less torque, where to put the batteries, etc.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2706671)   #27
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
GT2-R, I'm with you man...though I wouldn't mind if cars looking like that (even a vette) formed the basis for a newer GT1 formula either. Whatever way is fine... I would also be happy if they just accepted the top 10 or 12 cars from the FIA GT1 WC as the GT1 class. Now THAT would be nice...

(forming yet another unpopular opinion, lol)

pit

Appreciating that the top 10 or 12 FIA GT1 cars were certainly welcomed to enter the LMS, or LM this year... and chose not to. The ACO gave them the opportunity, and they chose not to take it. They'll likely be legislated from future participation now.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2706782)   #28
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The ACO is to blame because there is no transition period from the current to the new rules.

With the arrival of smaller engines and a hybrid drive train, a new chassis is almost mandatory. Weight balance can be improved because the engine will be shorter, gearbox can be made lighter because it has to cope with less torque, where to put the batteries, etc.
That maybe true for the diesels but the Lola's etc. are already designed for P1/P2.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2706784)   #29
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Appreciating that the top 10 or 12 FIA GT1 cars were certainly welcomed to enter the LMS, or LM this year... and chose not to. The ACO gave them the opportunity, and they chose not to take it. They'll likely be legislated from future participation now.
Personally I think the only chance GT1 had of re-establishing itself as Le Mans was if Nissan made a big effort this year due to being the only major manufactuer with a new reg car.

I think there'd actually be more interest from Nissan enthusiats in seeing a GT2 GT-R with the V6 Turbo, even if it was RWD.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2707235)   #30
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
From an interview with Ralf Jüttner:
Quote:
As if the task of getting through the 24 Hours of Le Mans wasn’t enough, Jüttner says work on their next prototype, the R18, has been running concurrently with their preparation for this weekend’s race.

“That’s definitely on the agenda already. So the work is already on its way, let's put it like this. And it's not a secret that the people are in place and the people are thinking and the people are making their mind up and they have some rough ideas already about how the rules should look like next year. So it's not completely fixed but it's not like the ACO hasn't come up with something already where the direction goes. So the people are thinking about it, they are having ideas, they are putting work together, but the real amount of money is spent once we start building parts. And that has not yet started, of course. But if you wait with the whole thing until the rule makers come up then you are not running before very late in 2011!”
source: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...sday-notebook/