Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Sep 2018, 12:45 (Ref:3852762)   #76
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Hyper car regulations are eventually put in place, whats the chances of the privateers currently in P1 actually pulling out after the end of this superseason?

I mean, why spend another season developing a car and spending money if they cant then use it in a hypercar season?
Old 26 Sep 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3852764)   #77
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Think you'd see a no improvement or upgrade season over pulling out completely but there's always that supply of cash to fund the season dilemma. Rebellion for 2019-2020 champs like Toyota this season?
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3852773)   #78
Aysedasi
Just waiting.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I'll be voting with my wallet - if it stays at 4 hours then 2019 will be the first time I won't be going since I started following endurance racing (not that long, admittedly!).

They just had their best attendance at Silverstone for a WEC race, albeit almost certainly helped by the Alonso/Button factor, proving that many people are happy to pony up to watch a 6 hour race live, then decide to cut it by 1/3 for next year based on a local survey (the published results of which are conspicuous by their absence).

Masters series is nice and all, but doesn't even come close to making up for stiffing us on the main event.
As long as you're not going because you don't want to. I've seen some idiotic tosh elsewhere on the internet about not going 'out of protest' which is about as daft as it gets....

Now 65 and still counting (hopefully.....)
Old 26 Sep 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3852787)   #79
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodcc View Post
If the Hyper car regulations are eventually put in place, whats the chances of the privateers currently in P1 actually pulling out after the end of this superseason?

I mean, why spend another season developing a car and spending money if they cant then use it in a hypercar season?
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...gulations.html
Quote:
The proposals from the start have looked to address a number of key issues to allow a healthy non-factory contingent to compete.

Certainly, there seems to be an inevitable need for some form of Ďgrandfatheringí for the current generation of LMP1 non-hybrid privateer cars.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3852798)   #80
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I was pretty sure that the talk was about manufacturers selling the car or the powertrain for privateers. I thought that was in the rules at least being part of them.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3852804)   #81
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I'll be voting with my wallet - if it stays at 4 hours then 2019 will be the first time I won't be going since I started following endurance racing (not that long, admittedly!).

Masters series is nice and all, but doesn't even come close to making up for stiffing us on the main event.
Across the three days of the event there is currently about 18 hours of on-track running between ELMS and WEC. Adding Masters Endurance Series would, IMO, make this already awesome weekend even more awesome. If thatís the payoff for losing 2 hours from the WEC race, Iím content.

I write, BTW, as someone who thinks anything less than 8 hours is a sprint race. Were Silverstone a standalone WEC event Iíd be very unhappy, but in the context of the multi-series event we have the reduction to 4 hours isnít such a blow. IMHO of course.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3852811)   #82
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excluding Le Mans
Next season will have 4 hours more racing than the 'super season' with 2 races shorter than 6 hours, 2 longer (both by 2 hours)

So despite Silverstone having ELMS as well, everyone seems focussed on that race being cut rather than Shanghai (or the good news of some longer races)

What's the opposite of NIMBY?

I for one won't be happy until the entire season is fortnightly 24 hour races at my local track
Old 26 Sep 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3852812)   #83
Aysedasi
Just waiting.....
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's IMBYOIWGIP

In my back yard or I won't go in protest...…

Old 26 Sep 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3852827)   #84
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Racing hours

With Le Mans
2010 ILMC: 3600km
2011 ILMC: 70 Hours *
2012 WEC: 72 Hours
2013 WEC: 66 Hours
2014 WEC: 66 Hours
2015 WEC: 66 Hours
2016 WEC: 72 Hours
2017 WEC: 72 Hours
2018-19 WEC: 86 Hours **
2019-20 WEC: 66 Hours **

Without Le Mans
2010 ILMC: 3600km
2011 ILMC: 46 Hours *
2012 WEC: 48 Hours
2013 WEC: 42 Hours
2014 WEC: 42 Hours
2015 WEC: 42 Hours
2016 WEC: 48 Hours
2017 WEC: 48 Hours
2018-19 WEC: 38 Hours **
2019-20 WEC: 42 Hours **

* Minus PLM distance completion
** Minus (theoretical) Sebring distance completion

Last edited by Chiana; 26 Sep 2018 at 18:26.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3852893)   #85
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As long as you're not going because you don't want to. I've seen some idiotic tosh elsewhere on the internet about not going 'out of protest' which is about as daft as it gets....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Across the three days of the event there is currently about 18 hours of on-track running between ELMS and WEC. Adding Masters Endurance Series would, IMO, make this already awesome weekend even more awesome. If thatís the payoff for losing 2 hours from the WEC race, Iím content.

I write, BTW, as someone who thinks anything less than 8 hours is a sprint race. Were Silverstone a standalone WEC event Iíd be very unhappy, but in the context of the multi-series event we have the reduction to 4 hours isnít such a blow. IMHO of course.

Each to their own, obviously, but for me the WEC race is the main event. The rest of the weekend's activity is a bonus, no more (though if I want to watch a 4 hour race I'd probably get a better one from the ELMS). Ultimately, again for me, they choose to remove 2 hours from the race - I choose not to give them money....
Old 27 Sep 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3852915)   #86
Aysedasi
Just waiting.....
20KPINAL

England
I agree Greg, the WEC is the main event, but losing 2 hours isn't good enough reason for me to boycott the only chance I'll have to see the cars outside Le Mans next year. Aside from that, it's also 3 days with some good mates, some much needed exercise and a break from the norm. I'll be there (tickets already booked).

Old 27 Sep 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3852925)   #87
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's fair enough - I will freely admit I am still feeling quite sulky about it! Plenty of time to change my mind of course...

It's also affected by the fact I'm going to my first Le Mans next year, so I won't be missing out on seeing the cars in action by not going to Silverstone.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3852927)   #88
Aysedasi
Just waiting.....
20KPINAL

England
Ah well, you should have said! Well done you on taking the plunge, the one thing I know is that you won't regret it. Trouble is, having experienced Le Mans you may well find it impossible to resist Silverstone in August!

Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3853001)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I agree Greg, the WEC is the main event, but losing 2 hours isn't good enough reason for me to boycott the only chance I'll have to see the cars outside Le Mans next year. Aside from that, it's also 3 days with some good mates, some much needed exercise and a break from the norm. I'll be there (tickets already booked).
It is about time you made the effort and book for Spa, you know you will love it Andrew.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3853007)   #90
Aysedasi
Just waiting.....
20KPINAL

England
Maybe, when I'm retired Simon - not so far away now, I hope.....