Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 23 Apr 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3899133)   #541
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In fairness to IMG (WTF am I saying) this is probably contractual and drawn up years ago when things were better!
Old 27 Apr 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3900070)   #542
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a dominant show the Hansens put on today - fast times and good racecraft.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3900546)   #543
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
What a dominant show the Hansens put on today - fast times and good racecraft.
A worrying trend for the rest of the season, given how Timmy dominated Abu Dhabi until Andreas punted him.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3900559)   #544
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Well yes, it seems he has all the ingredients to dominate. He has a lot going for him and only that incident prevented an Abu Dhabi win
Old 30 Apr 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3900647)   #545
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's early days, but I am a little concerned by the result in Barcelona. I hope that the rest of the field can find a bit more speed, or the Hansen could brothers could run away with things.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3900764)   #546
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, agreed. Struggling to engage with the sport this year. Hansens VS Bakkerud is probably how this will play out. Fun to see Gronholm find his speed, though.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk
Old 30 Apr 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3900777)   #547
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest they are running factory spec cars against a bunch of second rate amateurs so I would expect these results.

The track was terrible the dirt was blue with tyre rubber, this track is ONLY any good when it's wet. That is not dirt it is the type of tarmac based gravel Lydden put down, basically means you do little maintenance, and don't have to water it, but it is about as much like gravel as snow is
Old 30 Apr 2019, 16:25 (Ref:3900778)   #548
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
Yes, agreed. Struggling to engage with the sport this year. Hansens VS Bakkerud is probably how this will play out. Fun to see Gronholm find his speed, though.
I am rooting for Gronholm. I thought GRX did superbly last year given the competition and I'd like to see them score some podiums (if not the title) this year.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 21:07 (Ref:3900837)   #549
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
It depends how much speed he shows. The teams are what makes or breaks a driver this season
Old 1 May 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3901009)   #550
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RX Cartel ate factory cars, the Meganes are also as good as a factory outfit. And itís not like the i20 is short of development either.

Remarkable to hear that Hansen are a team of 12 this year, compared to around 50 last season. I actually believe thatís positive for the championship.

Shame that Bennett appears to have built his suspension out of fudge, that Mini sounds good and has shown some reasonable pace (not enough for finals, but good enough for a semi .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 May 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3901013)   #551
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Shame that Bennett appears to have built his suspension out of fudge, that Mini sounds good and has shown some reasonable pace (not enough for finals, but good enough for a semi
That car is running a Pipo engine, so it should have some grunt. As I have said before I admire his enthusiasm, but I don't agree with his approach.
Old 1 May 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3901019)   #552
S griffin
Veteran

Well any grunt is good. I think you need enthusiasm in the series, although the wrong approach will make things harder for you
Old 1 May 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3901032)   #553
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Bennett have a go in his Fiesta, to see how he gets on with a proven car. The Mini is quick off of the line, seems to break far too easily though.
Old 1 May 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3901035)   #554
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
I'd like to see Bennett have a go in his Fiesta, to see how he gets on with a proven car. The Mini is quick off of the line, seems to break far too easily though.
Exactly. Chris Hoy finished higher than Bennett in the intermediate standings last weekend using the Fiesta and I am certain Hoy wasn't faster, it was just that the car was lasting.

A year or two driving the Fiesta in the Euros (with some extra World rounds thrown in) would have been a better approach to me. That MINI has seemed to be a work-in-progress car for a year now.
Old 1 May 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3901064)   #555
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe if he ran the Mini in the British championship, where you could still make the final with only one heat finish, and use the Fiesta in ERX/ WRX to develop himself, the progress Oli has made has been quite impressive.