Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Feb 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3884167)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
IOS is usable stateside as well. Google play store has told me for three years the app isn't optimized for my devices and is utterly useless on my phone and tablet. Not sure why they seem to refuse to work this out...
There aren't any alerts about compatibility on my phone but NOTHING at all loads. It's just the blank white screen with the banner so I've deleted it every time I've tried it.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3884170)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
There aren't any alerts about compatibility on my phone but NOTHING at all loads. It's just the blank white screen with the banner so I've deleted it every time I've tried it.
See note below. Same not does not appear on my phone's play store.
4 year old tablet where I can stream from NBCSN but can't even load a timing screen? I'm sure the National Broadcasting Corporation's tech budget is a wee bit higher than IMSA's
Old 14 Feb 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3884179)   #48
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It isnít good enough. It must be quite a popular way of watching.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3884480)   #49
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
iOS app has generally been fine for me. Back in the day, they had a Windows Mobile app. They were proud of having one because nobody made Windows Mobile apps. But it was dreadful and didn't work at all, so might as well not have been there.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 00:15 (Ref:3884523)   #50
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
I gave up on the IMSA app years ago. Don't have cable so relied upon in-car cameras and RLM for following races.

The best of all mediums so far has been Roku replaying all 24 hours of Daytona. I've seen the first 18 hours about three times. I can't wait to find out who wins!

The camera work and direction seemed much better this race, especially, the synchronization of the distant camera following a couple of cars jostling for position and then switching to the in-car cameras in the middle of the action. Good stuff.

Interesting to see where RLM had their broadcast booth. They were right where one of my favorite photo spots used to be down at the end of the paddocks next to that telephone phone at Turn One. There used to be just enough room to squeeze in between the pole and fence to get close to the action as the cars hard braked off the banks into the flat turn.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3908146)   #51
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Great to see a cameo from Marshall Pruett in this weeks in sportscars podcast. It is interesting how he really gave the WEC a reality check in that beyond the sportscar fandom world, they are barely a blimp on the radar screen for Motorsports and sports in general. Thankfully did not say that about IMSA. Which should be left out. For any track that has the Weathertech series, that race is either the first or second biggest weekend on their calender each year. Even at a place like Mid Ohio which gets lots of series to come to its playground, Indy car is their biggest race probably. But I'm sure the IMSA series ranks ahead of NASCAR Xfinity as far as their "biggest events" go.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3908147)   #52
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think we have gotten articles about Ford for everything. They are doing something, they are doing something different. They might do this. Oh they won't do that. That is the case on both Racer and S365.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3908155)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I think we have gotten articles about Ford for everything. They are doing something, they are doing something different. They might do this. Oh they won't do that. That is the case on both Racer and S365.
It's free marketing, their name is always mentioned and the new mantra of as long as someone is mentioning your name it's a good thing. Ignoring completely the fact most people are shaking their head and no real impact on sales from the mentions
Old 9 Jun 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3908691)   #54
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Great to see a cameo from Marshall Pruett in this weeks in sportscars podcast. It is interesting how he really gave the WEC a reality check in that beyond the sportscar fandom world, they are barely a blimp on the radar screen for Motorsports and sports in general. Thankfully did not say that about IMSA. Which should be left out. For any track that has the Weathertech series, that race is either the first or second biggest weekend on their calender each year. Even at a place like Mid Ohio which gets lots of series to come to its playground, Indy car is their biggest race probably. But I'm sure the IMSA series ranks ahead of NASCAR Xfinity as far as their "biggest events" go.
Only places WEC might not be in the top two at the track is at Spa because of the Blancpain 24 hour, and maybe Silverstone because of MotoGP (which isn't fair in a comparison because motorcycle racing is depressing in America), I really don't understand the point of this post.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 04:42 (Ref:3908710)   #55
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On two levels.
1. It actually is a major race for the series.
2. Sportscar is a minority sport and isn't actually important in the US or the world.

Sorry, three levels
The situation is different in the US anyway. It is a wrong assertion and has no context.

So, to the title of the thread. I know of no good Sportscar Media. Here in NA or world wide.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3908761)   #56
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pruett in not liking WEC shocker.

Next up, Dagys tells us Ford are looking at DPi. More at 11.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3908796)   #57
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Anymore, if it's not coming from Graham Goodwin/DSC, I have a hard time believing that someone's not pushing an agenda/have their own slant to it.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3908899)   #58
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
That is not a good situation.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3908902)   #59
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
It would be unwise to blindly take any publication at face value.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 22:18 (Ref:3908907)   #60
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It would be unwise to blindly take any publication at face value.
Exactly that, it seems like media is now suddenly this irrefutable source that most be trusted fully or it's to steal a moron's favorite line, fake news and not at all. Use the brain and intelligence you should be gathering in life to read a source and parse fact from fiction yourself. But I guess that's no longer a thing