Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

View Poll Results: Will Colin McRae drive for Citroen Next Year?
Yes 7 58.33%
No 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Aug 2002, 23:30 (Ref:369575)   #1
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Colin go to Citroen?

Colin McRae's future with Ford is to either signed him for the long term or he will drive for another team that can compete with the Peugeots. My best bet will be that Citroen could give the seat to Colin in the Xsara WRC cars to team up with rising rally star Sebastian Loeb next year. The Citroen will battle their French car rival Peugeot next year in the manufacturers' championship.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 10:03 (Ref:377819)   #2
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like it's all over bar the contract signing. WRC.com are saying that Colin McRae has visited the Citroen team's headquarters in Versailles - and was impressed by what he saw.

"Citroen's factory looks good," McRae told this week's Motorsport News. "It's a really purposeful outfit. It's there to win rallies and to win the championship. There's no bull****, everything is geared to making the car as fast as possible.

"The only doubt is working with a French team, but I don't think that's going to be a problem," continued McRae. "At the end of the day, as long as the car is competitive and we're up there fighting for the lead in the rallies, then you can sort the rest out."

Sounds pretty conclusive to me.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 10:06 (Ref:377824)   #3
SJ Spode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SJ Spode
"The only doubt is working with a French team, but I don't think that's going to be a problem," continued McRae. "At the end of the day, as long as the car is competitive and we're up there fighting for the lead in the rallies, then you can sort the rest out."
Suggestions to what he's referring to, maybe the lunch menu???
Old 11 Sep 2002, 17:54 (Ref:378123)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no .. i don't want McRae at Citroen ... it should be Sainz

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Sep 2002, 09:36 (Ref:387906)   #5
SJ Spode
Veteran

Sounds like it's very close now

According to www.wrc.com Ford has decided to release McRae at the end of the season, as it cannot afford his reported £5million fee for next year alone.

Ford has already stated that it cannot afford huge driver salaries and wants to push more funds into technical development.

McRae apprently met with Citroen boss Guy Frequelin yesterday and hopes to finalise a deal before the New Zealand Rally. McRae told the Guardian: "I was at Citroen this morning, but there's still no decision one way or the other. Hopefully it will be fairly soon. It is fairly well down the road."

So any Scots/French translators out there that fancy travelling the world next year send your c.v.s to

Guy Frequelin
Citroen Sport
Versailles
Paris
France
Old 25 Sep 2002, 11:31 (Ref:387974)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Nicky speak French?
Old 25 Sep 2002, 11:33 (Ref:387976)   #7
SJ Spode
Veteran

Actually I ought to amend my previous post to read Scots/Welsh/French translator...