Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1172857)   #1251
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do they steal your underwear? Or eat your sheets?
Old 7 Dec 2004, 01:22 (Ref:1172994)   #1252
Margaret Bright
Rookie

New Zealand
Margaret Bright should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sheesh - it's a long 6 weeks to Timaru!
Old 7 Dec 2004, 04:40 (Ref:1173054)   #1253
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy
Where I drive there ain't no roads....
Lots of goats though, who are indeed brighter than sheep - just don't let them get near your washing line
Brighter than sheep?
Rocks show more intelligence than sheep.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 04:48 (Ref:1173055)   #1254
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Baaaah, ya dont know what ya talkin'about. Ever seen a rock hidin in amongst the taters and peas???
Old 7 Dec 2004, 04:56 (Ref:1173059)   #1255
malrsq
Rookie

New Zealand
New Plymouth New Zealand
malrsq should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I question the statement of Goats being brighter than Sheep. While abiding in an inland city north of Levin and South of Taihape I had a few Taihape blondes and was given a Goat. I now know why it was given away, they stink, sorry goat boy I mean they emit odours not of a flavour humans respond in a favourable way to. Anyway, they staged a one sheep, one goat Manawatu Fight night of momentous proportions, a fight to the death. It took the cloven hooved, quadraped ruminant of capricorn tendencies a couple of days to pass away, minus one horn and of sour disposition. hrug:

It all sounds now like an Auckland city Council event planning sub committee meeting.

Back to the sport, with all due respect to Young, Margaret and the other excellently presented teams I'd like to see a close competition with the title up for grabs as close to the last round as possible.
As one who has a very close interest in the smallest circuit I trust this does not mean too many incidents at this venue.
It promises to be an excellent summer of racing and the teams portray a terriffic image to the paying public. More bums on seats, more revenue to improve the permanent circuits. Better for the sport than temp venues i my mind. anta:
Old 7 Dec 2004, 05:03 (Ref:1173065)   #1256
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Yer right Margaret, it's gonna be a LOOOOOOONG time to Timaru
Old 7 Dec 2004, 05:13 (Ref:1173070)   #1257
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Dont see that improvement in track facilities after the local V8's have been in Town. maybe it's a myth about the money eh?

And, aNOTHER thing. If the V8 Supercars generate and LEAVE so much money after they have hit Town, like the Streetrace boys and Girls seem to think, WHY is Pukekohe, after THREE rounds of this gargantuan and Mighty feast of racing, still only Pukekohe. How come the streets arnt paved with Gold and the local Businesses bursting to see it all happen again. (and they have been very quiet on this).

Its because my friends, the money goes away with the Supercar Circus. Which is why they DO it. WE have to improve our own tracks. Thats US. The Aussies are not remotely interested in improving OUR tracks, they have their own to worry about.

Now what the hell brought THAT on???????Yakida.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 05:41 (Ref:1173074)   #1258
malrsq
Rookie

New Zealand
New Plymouth New Zealand
malrsq should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bow to your somewhat cynical but oh so darn true sentiments Bazz, for many years I sat in the windy bleak Millard stand at Athletic Park, and watched many a game of rugby, while the unions made buckets full of money, and finally a venue worth paying to go to exists. Was it Wtgn Rugby Union money that built the cake tin, guess not.
The problem exists because the car clubs are not the promotors of the events or the owners of the circuit, unlike little brother near a lake and mountains. There, money made goes back into the circuit, so improvements are made as money permits. Trouble is of recent times, inspections from those who inspect tracks keep demanding additional safety measures to protect the paying public This means more is spent than comes in the gate.
A great shame Hampton Downs promotors could not be convinced to move south a couple of hundy Km's. Not enough population I guess for their returns.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1173158)   #1259
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZzzzz c
Baaaah, ya dont know what ya talkin'about. Ever seen a rock hidin in amongst the taters and peas???
Depends who is cooking, Baz....
Old 7 Dec 2004, 08:42 (Ref:1173163)   #1260
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok enough of the Aussie stuff.I have been sitting back quietly and convinced myself hold back on the gossip but when the posting gets to the merits of a goat v a sheep something has to be done.OTR more horse power coming trust me.Heard on a very unreliable grapevine that the international driver is not returning.Can anyone confirm?Heard that Keen is really a cross dresser.Heard that Evo really believes TKR have a chance at something somewhere.Also heard there is a night planned for Carlyle in Tauranga to help raise funds to get him back on track.Now that sounds like a good idea.

Last edited by Mr Keener; 7 Dec 2004 at 08:43.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 08:59 (Ref:1173172)   #1261
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrsq
I question the statement of Goats being brighter than Sheep. While abiding in an inland city north of Levin and South of Taihape I had a few Taihape blondes and was given a Goat. I now know why it was given away, they stink, sorry goat boy I mean they emit odours not of a flavour humans respond in a favourable way to. Anyway, they staged a one sheep, one goat Manawatu Fight night of momentous proportions, a fight to the death. It took the cloven hooved, quadraped ruminant of capricorn tendencies a couple of days to pass away, minus one horn and of sour disposition. hrug:
Obviously, the morphine has got to you, Mal

I challenge you to go to Napier and go on the trip out the Gannet Colony at Cape Kidnappers. There, you can see goats of intellect running up and down the faults in the sheer rock wall from the beach to the cliff tops, and goats as young as....well young enuff to need nappies if they were humans. Agile, nimble, and capable...and that takes some intellect!

You lot in the Central North Island are mean sods for not euthanising the poor goeat out of it's misery. It must have been up against a hell of a ram - a Merino ..... or a Hereford (which is actually a breed of cattle)

Being the son of a goat sharefarmer back when goats were worth a lot of money, I can assure you of their intellect. Be that alseep on the parent's bed, the back of the couch, "pruning" the roses, "pruning" the rhubarb (allegedly poisonous, but never a dead body to prove it), 30 of the sods coming home 3 to 5 times a day after being weaned......the list goes on.

Goats are intellects like you could never imagine. Some just let themselves down by driving Escudos
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:03 (Ref:1173174)   #1262
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
yeah yeah yeah.We all know Goats are human too you know.Lets race
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:13 (Ref:1173183)   #1263
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Keener
yeah yeah yeah.We all know Goats are human too you know.Lets race

Put your toys back in the cot, Keener. There is little else to do between NZ V8 rounds...especially when the piker Keener doesn't keep his tab at De Post in the name "Keener"!

So we had to pay...how rough!

And since Inner Circle Rum don't want to be involved in motorsport past the Tasman contract, which is a seemingly begrudging signing, there is little complimentary sponsor product to drink too.....

Mind you, maybe Keener might divulge his De Post account and help us all
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1173189)   #1264
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
JDI you are one interesting dude.How do you know about the Inner Circle stuff.I thought I was the only genius round here.Try the Duke of Wellington.If I had a tab thats where it would be.I note your post re Mr Jewell on another thread.Do you know him too?
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1173190)   #1265
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Keener
ok enough of the Aussie stuff.I have been sitting back quietly and convinced myself hold back on the gossip but when the posting gets to the merits of a goat v a sheep something has to be done.OTR more horse power coming trust me.Heard on a very unreliable grapevine that the international driver is not returning.Can anyone confirm?Heard that Keen is really a cross dresser.Heard that Evo really believes TKR have a chance at something somewhere.Also heard there is a night planned for Carlyle in Tauranga to help raise funds to get him back on track.Now that sounds like a good idea.

If you referring to Charlie OBrian , it has been stated from the start of the season that funding would need to be found for him to compete the whole series.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1173201)   #1266
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mmmmmmmm could be right.Just a viscous rumour that the enviroment was not right and dont wanna return.I wouldnt know,the conversation was just floated around a bar in South Auckland.I guess we will know in early Jan.If not returning is the franchise a one or two? hrug:
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:36 (Ref:1173214)   #1267
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
They may have just been keeping you busy while the 20 inch chromies were being taken off the 120Y.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:40 (Ref:1173218)   #1268
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Yeah good point.Drives like **** on space savers.Cant wait to get some creditline newbies.Interest free rocks.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1173243)   #1269
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
You guys n gals, It's ALMOST a shame when there IS a V8 Round to disect and we have to get down to a serious subject.

and I will have you know that the Duke is on the corner of MY road and I never took those beautiful, shiney, sigh, all smooth and warm, ooooh, chrome jobs and they dont look just, slaver, dribble. Brilliant on the Citroen........HONEST!!!
Old 7 Dec 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1173259)   #1270
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Hey doesnt matter Baz.If you live locally they will only be in your possession for a few days anyway.I have just done a deal to replace them with a set of snow tyres off a 97 Pathfinder.I am gunna look like a millionaire in Timaru.OTR one two in Timaru after Wades unfortunate mechanical failure and as much as it hurts me I would back whinger boy at that track too.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1173279)   #1271
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
LOL.Theyde be gooorne already Mr K'. Selubrious pub but not ditto the Rd.

Dont know the Timaru track at all so cant predict a result, Actually it would be difficult to predict a result even in my back YARD.!! Much too soon to pick a streaker. They
ALL look brill to me ALL the time (but I have my pick for the Champ.)
Interesting stuff and I have to wait 'til Manfeild to smell the Fumes but only 'til Sunday for the Shell Helix / David Turner TV1 last round extravaganza, 4.30 p.m. to 6 o/clock. Good one TV1.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1173756)   #1272
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Put your toys back in the cot, Keener. There is little else to do between NZ V8 rounds...especially when the piker Keener doesn't keep his tab at De Post in the name "Keener"!

So we had to pay...how rough!

And since Inner Circle Rum don't want to be involved in motorsport past the Tasman contract, which is a seemingly begrudging signing, there is little complimentary sponsor product to drink too.....

Mind you, maybe Keener might divulge his De Post account and help us all
Hmmm the one pub I have been thrown out of! I don't think so!
Old 7 Dec 2004, 21:14 (Ref:1173848)   #1273
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am flattered (I think) that goats have been the subject of so much discussion (thinks: should I change my name?) however, now that we are back on track, it's great to see the V8's being shown so close to the actual event. And let's not forget the back to back rounds in early January, so it's not that long a wait, especially when you consider that Santa will be coming soon, I have a birthday on Sunday and then the Escudo and I will be headed for The Mount to look for some surf. Might even run into Jared down there if I'm lucky!
Old 7 Dec 2004, 21:27 (Ref:1173863)   #1274
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
Hmmm the one pub I have been thrown out of! I don't think so!
How did The Bouncer get bounced?

An interesting idea really. Keener was probably behind that too
Old 7 Dec 2004, 21:30 (Ref:1173865)   #1275
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
How did The Bouncer get bounced?

An interesting idea really. Keener was probably behind that too
Proberly not, it was some 10 years ago and I got thrown out for wearing jeans! I later learned it was cause I was not wearing black jeans!
Closed Thread