Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3965540)   #301
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I also seem to remember Jaguar originally wanted Salo to partner Steady Eddie for 2000
Old 19 Mar 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3965543)   #302
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Who leaked that? The Pedro Diniz fanclub?
it certainly couldn't be the Trulli fan club. imo, one of the most infuriatingly annoying drivers on track.

anyways, if memory serves, back then every Brazilian or Italian driver was considered for the 2nd Ferrari seat. they already had Michael so number 2 had a measure of FIAT sales marketing and promotion consideration to it no?
Old 19 Mar 2020, 14:44 (Ref:3965544)   #303
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems I’ve opened a can of worms here
Old 19 Mar 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3965546)   #304
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It seems I’ve opened a can of worms here

someone had to. its been a long off season!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3965566)   #305
S griffin
Veteran

True that.

Pirro was linked to Brabham for 87, as was Jones due to Bernie buying Haas at the end of 86
Old 19 Mar 2020, 19:50 (Ref:3965624)   #306
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
True that.

Pirro was linked to Brabham for 87, as was Jones due to Bernie buying Haas at the end of 86
AJ drving for Bernie? Nah...

I think the rumour must have been more likely Davy Jones!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 20:14 (Ref:3965629)   #307
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Taki Inoue approached Tyrrell for a drive in 96

Wasn't he close to a Minardi seat as well in 96?
Old 19 Mar 2020, 22:11 (Ref:3965652)   #308
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
Wasn't he close to a Minardi seat as well in 96?

He actually signed, but a sponsor pulled out, meaning he didn’t drive
Old 19 Mar 2020, 23:07 (Ref:3965667)   #309
S griffin
Veteran

After Mansell turned down Williams’ initial offer for 85, he had talks with Arrows, but then renegotiated with Williams
Old 20 Mar 2020, 10:07 (Ref:3965730)   #310
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brundle was aiming to get a Lotus seat in 1989, but they retained Nakajima, despite having no connection with Honda anymore, as they changed for Judd engines.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 10:17 (Ref:3965735)   #311
S griffin
Veteran

Button was linked to Jaguar and Jordan for 2001 before signing for Benetton
Old 20 Mar 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3965747)   #312
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from John Love, the only other Rhodesian's to get to F1 were Sam Tingle and Clive Puzey

Tingle raced for Love's teams in F1 and I believe there were the first team to carry sponsor liveries.

John Love told me a few times that Chapman was keen to have him in a works Lotus but he couldn't find enough backing. He was an excellent driver, imagine a Rhodesian world champion
Old 20 Mar 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3965777)   #313
S griffin
Veteran

AJ Foyt was entered to drive a second Eagle in the 1967 Belgian GP IIRC, but nothing came of it
Old 20 Mar 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3965781)   #314
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
AJ Foyt was entered to drive a second Eagle in the 1967 Belgian GP IIRC, but nothing came of it
He must have 'foyt' better of it...

(ta boom tisch)
Old 20 Mar 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3965793)   #315
S griffin
Veteran

Dan Wheldon I think had contract talks with BMW Sauber for 06, but decided to sign for Chip Ganassi’s Indycar team instead
Old 20 Mar 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3965797)   #316
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
Quote:
Dan Wheldon I think had contract talks with BMW Sauber for 06, but decided to sign for Chip Ganassi’s Indycar team instead
Despite winning the first IRL non-oval event the general consensus was that he wasn't world class on road courses. However, I heard a few people say that his style didn't suit the US layouts with their 90 degree corners and big braking zones. So perhaps Wheldon would have had something to offer in F1.

He was a fierce oval racer though.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3965799)   #317
Theunser
Racer

Bourdais would certainly be one of Arrows's drivers in 2003 if the team were existing.
Also there were rumours that Alonso is an option to replace the departing Frentzen in mid-2002
Old 20 Mar 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3965800)   #318
S griffin
Veteran

Retro Silly Season

Wheldon certainly compared well against Button when they were both in karting and FFord together, so no reason why he wouldn’t have performed well in F1
Old 20 Mar 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3965804)   #319
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunser View Post
Bourdais would certainly be one of Arrows's drivers in 2003 if the team were existing.
Also there were rumours that Alonso is an option to replace the departing Frentzen in mid-2002

I think Bourdais was also linked to replacing Frentzen and also there was talk of them bringing back Jos the Boss to replace HHF
Old 20 Mar 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3965822)   #320
Theunser
Racer

Quote:
I think Bourdais was also linked to replacing Frentzen and also there was talk of them bringing back Jos the Boss to replace HHF
Tomas Enge also.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 15:31 (Ref:3965829)   #321
S griffin
Veteran

Bryan Herta was linked to Minardi for 2002 and 03, even tested with them at Donington
Old 20 Mar 2020, 20:26 (Ref:3965887)   #322
Theunser
Racer

Both Derek Warwick and Martin Brundle were linked to Leyton House for 1991 in case Capelli leaves.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 20:28 (Ref:3965889)   #323
S griffin
Veteran

Talk of Andretti Jr replacing Prost for 92
Old 20 Mar 2020, 22:45 (Ref:3965909)   #324
Theunser
Racer

Barrichello had an offer from an F1 team as early as 1992. I've been trying to find out which team but found nothing. Can someone help me out?
Old 20 Mar 2020, 23:37 (Ref:3965915)   #325
S griffin
Veteran

Hill was linked to McLaren, Prost and Sauber for 98, before deciding on Jordan