SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, these are looking great!
Old 8 Nov 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3589096)   #102
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a well laid out circuit making best of what available. Your representations of it are excellent as well.

On first glance Gorbachov and the Moscow curves around to Kvyat remind me of Brooklands and Luffield and Woodcote at Silverstone.

Though of course in your design these are run in the opposite direction, the seem to flow into one another, without a real overtaking place, resulting in Gorbachov being a Choke point.

Here's one for the older members...I'd reverse the direction.
Give Putin and Petrov corners rather than just curves, and the run from Petrov to LukOil I'd straighten out giving LukOil a distinct right hander opening into the left on exit that runs to the hairpin.

Curious as to why you choose Kazan, did you notice that there is a real racing circuit just North of that location at Kinderi ?
Attached Thumbnails
Kazan Real.jpg  

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 8 Nov 2015 at 21:50.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3589381)   #103
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Viperion101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
It's a well laid out circuit making best of what available. Your representations of it are excellent as well.

On first glance Gorbachov and the Moscow curves around to Kvyat remind me of Brooklands and Luffield and Woodcote at Silverstone.

Though of course in your design these are run in the opposite direction, the seem to flow into one another, without a real overtaking place, resulting in Gorbachov being a Choke point.

Here's one for the older members...I'd reverse the direction.
Give Putin and Petrov corners rather than just curves, and the run from Petrov to LukOil I'd straighten out giving LukOil a distinct right hander opening into the left on exit that runs to the hairpin.

Curious as to why you choose Kazan, did you notice that there is a real racing circuit just North of that location at Kinderi ?
I didn't even realize that Kinderi even existed. When I made this, I thought that the only 2 tracks in all of Russia were Sochi and Moscow Raceway. I chose Kazan because it is the "sports city" if you will of Russia, and it is much closer to the population center than Sochi.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 01:59 (Ref:3589629)   #104
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Circuit of the Americas Redesign

Made a few modifications to COTA. Hopefully, it looks a lot less like Tilke garbage. I lenghtened some straightaways and straightened out the esses. It is 3.11 miles long, same direction and pits complex as it is now.
Attached Thumbnails
COTA refit.jpg  
Old 20 Nov 2015, 04:33 (Ref:3591644)   #105
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Strathaven Circuit

Strathaven Circuit is a 2.17 mile (3.49 km) counterclockwise circuit located west of the village of Strathaven, in Scotland. It features a mix of elevation change, fast, and slow parts. Primary uses would be the British Touring Car Championship and other national series, as well as open track days.
Attached Thumbnails
Strathaven GE.jpg   Strathaven_1.png   Strathaven_2.png  

Strathaven_4.png   Strathaven_5.png   Strathaven_Elevation.png  

Old 25 Mar 2016, 02:34 (Ref:3626951)   #106
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Deep South Speedway

A superspeedway in New Iberia, Louisiana. The superspeedway is 2.3 miles long, and the roval is 3.62 miles. Primary use would be NASCAR, and the ALMS and United Sports Car series. IndyCar and ARCA would be the secondary uses. Turns are banked at 29 degrees, the frontstretch is banked at 17 degrees, and the backstretch has 7 degree banking.
Attached Thumbnails
DeepSouth_5.png   DeepSouth_2.png   DeepSouth_3.png  

DeepSouth_4.png   DeepSouth_6.png   Deep South Speedway.jpg  

Old 26 Mar 2016, 01:36 (Ref:3627363)   #107
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperion101 View Post
A superspeedway in New Iberia, Louisiana. The superspeedway is 2.3 miles long, and the roval is 3.62 miles. Primary use would be NASCAR, and the ALMS and United Sports Car series. IndyCar and ARCA would be the secondary uses. Turns are banked at 29 degrees, the frontstretch is banked at 17 degrees, and the backstretch has 7 degree banking.
Nice!

I like the asymmetric quad-oval and the road course config (maybe a bit more runoff at turn 1 needed?).

Anyone know much about oval banking? 29 degrees though the turns sounds good, the front and backstretch sounds a bit steep though, but I'm probably wrong...

If you didn't know, you can change the number of straight line sections in a curve in sketchup, by clicking on the arc tool, and before drawing the arc, type a new number to replace the default 12. I usually double it to 24. This might help with the smoothness of the longer arcs like on this oval.

It looks really good, I should use this renderer more...
Old 26 Mar 2016, 02:08 (Ref:3627367)   #108
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG View Post
Nice!

I like the asymmetric quad-oval and the road course config (maybe a bit more runoff at turn 1 needed?).

Anyone know much about oval banking? 29 degrees though the turns sounds good, the front and backstretch sounds a bit steep though, but I'm probably wrong...

If you didn't know, you can change the number of straight line sections in a curve in sketchup, by clicking on the arc tool, and before drawing the arc, type a new number to replace the default 12. I usually double it to 24. This might help with the smoothness of the longer arcs like on this oval.

It looks really good, I should use this renderer more...
29 Degrees is fairly steep. Daytona, which is 2.5 miles long, has bankings at 33 degrees. The front and backstretches are normal for superspeedways of that length.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 03:56 (Ref:3627376)   #109
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As someone with superspeedway experience, I fear the quad oval because 1) that never really works too well with pack racing and 2) the second bit will get cut quite massively by using the legends oval which is just asking for an incident. Also doubt Indy would come because the length and banking of it all.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 03:34 (Ref:3627717)   #110
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
As someone with superspeedway experience, I fear the quad oval because 1) that never really works too well with pack racing and 2) the second bit will get cut quite massively by using the legends oval which is just asking for an incident. Also doubt Indy would come because the length and banking of it all.
1. NASCAR currently races on 3 quad ovals (Charlotte, Texas, and Atlanta)
2. NASCAR prohibits drivers from dipping down into the apron by the legends oval. The wider part past the finish line is part of the roval.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 10:53 (Ref:3627767)   #111
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The visuals of Deep South Speedway definitely look beautiful.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3628148)   #112
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
None of those three ovals are restrictor plate tracks or even superspeedways (because we definitely need three [theoretically] identical tracks on the calendar, and we need to go to each twice). I don't trust that a tight restrictor plate pack will get through a quad oval cleanly more than a few times, all things considered.
Old 1 Apr 2016, 04:11 (Ref:3629167)   #113
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Valparaiso Grand Prix Circuit

A 3.18-mile (5.12 km), counterclockwise circuit located in Valparaiso, Chile. A use would be for a South American Grand Prix, one of the final races of the F1 calendar. Touring cars would be another use. The circuit consists of a relatively fast first sector with a few tight turns, a technical second sector, and a flat-out third sector. Also, the straight between turns 13 and 14, in addition to being a flat-out DRS zone, also has a downhill. The track is a little on the narrow side, at about 35 feet. The turn names are the names of South American/Mexican F1 drivers; they go as follows:

1. Juan Pablo Montoya
2.Sergio Perez
3. Pastor Maldonaldo
4. Ayrton Senna
5-6. Variente de Felipe Massa
7. Juan Manuel Fangio
8. La Familia Fittipaldi
9. Oscar Galvez
10-11. Variente de Rubens Barrichello
12-13. Los Hermanos Rodriguez
14. Jose Gonzalez

And no, the pit straight grandstand is not mine. All of the other structures are, however.
Attached Thumbnails
Valparaiso GP Circuit.jpg   Valpo_Elev.png   Valpo_Top.png  

Valpo_Turn1.png   Valpo_Pits.png   Valpo_14PitsStraight.png  

Old 17 Jun 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3650992)   #114
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Memphis-Arkansas Speedway

A 1.53-mile (2.46 km) NASCAR-style oval located in LeHi, Arkansas; which is about 15 miles west of Memphis. It is located on the site of a former dirt oval of the same name and length, which was abandoned in 1957. It features turn bankings of 25 degrees in turns 1-2, 23 degrees in turns 3-4, and 3.7-degree banking on the straightaways. These are very steep bankings for a mile-and-a-half track. The roval is 2.37 miles (3.81 km) and runs counterclockwise. Primary uses for the oval would be NASCAR, ARCA, and possibly IndyCar. The roval could be used by the United Sports Car Series.
Attached Thumbnails
Memphis-Arkansas Speedway.jpg   MemphisAR_top.png   MemphisAR_1-2 bird.png  

MemphisAR_1-2 direct.png   MemphisAR_3-4 direct.png   MemphisAR_back.png  

Old 8 Feb 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3711049)   #115
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Volgograd Street Circuit

A 2.23 mile (3.59 km) clockwise circuit located in Volgograd, Russia. 13 corners. Uses would be Touring Cars and possibly local Formula car series, and maybe Formula E (the track is a little long for Formula E, though). Main grandstands would be located along the start-finish straight, which runs parallel to the river. Goes up a steep hill after turn 1 and down another steep hill after turn 8.
Attached Thumbnails
Volgograd Street Circuit.jpg   Volgograd Elevation.jpg  
Old 17 Feb 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3712932)   #116
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Nairobi Ngong Road Circuit

A 2.82 mile (4.54 km) clockwise circuit located in Nairobi, Kenya. It is located in a park next to a horse racing track. Could be used for F1, MotoGP, and other top-level series, and other local series if they exist in the area.
Attached Thumbnails
Nairobi Ngona Road Circuit.jpg   Nairobi Ngong Road .png   Ngong Road Track Outline.png  

Old 19 Feb 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3713202)   #117
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As alway great work with the graphics and render. I do have one reservation on this circuit and that's the pit exit into Turn 2.
The racing line out of T2 pushes the car out to the right hand exit kerb, the pit exit appears to join along that exit kerb. My issue is that a drivers eyes will be on the apex of T2 and beyond not looking over to the right and the cars coming out the pitlane being held against the right hand Kerb by a don't cross line.
Do you have a more detailed view of the T2 rejoin?
Old 20 Feb 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3713272)   #118
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Umhlanga Ridge Grand Prix Circuit

A 2.74-mile (4.41 km) clockwise circuit with 12 corners located in Durban, South Africa. Features many long, fast, sweeping corners. Primary uses would be for F1 (could alternate yearly with Kyalami if the South African GP was reinstated), Touring Cars, and Motorcycles.

Turn Names:

1. Scheckter Bend
2. The Kink
3. Kumba #1
4. Kumba #2
5. Zulu Curve
6. The Crest
7-8. Lowlands
9-10. Durban Esses
11-12. S's for South Africa
Attached Thumbnails
Umhlanga Ridge GE.jpg   Umhlanga Ridge trackmap.jpg   Umhlanga Ridge.png  

Umhlanga Ridge_Northside.png   Umhlanga Ridge_Northside2.png   Umhlanga Ridge_Southside.png  

Old 21 Feb 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3713779)   #119
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Autodromo Nacional do Tocacintas

A 2.45 mile (3.94 km) coutnerclockwise track located in Palmas, Brazil. Stock Car Brasil and other national and South American series.
Attached Thumbnails
Autodromo Nacional do Tocacintas.jpg   Autodromo Tocacintas.png   Autodromo Tocacintas_1.png  

Old 28 Feb 2017, 23:32 (Ref:3715397)   #120
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Cayuga Speedway

A 2.68-mile (4.31 km) clockwise track located near the site of the old Cayuga Superspeedway in Ontario, Canada. Could be used for NASCAR (the Cup Series, Xfinity, Trucks, and Canadian Series), IndyCar, United Sports Car and other North American racing series. Like many of the classic North American tracks, such as Mosport, Brainerd, and Mid-Ohio.
Attached Thumbnails
Cayuga Speedway.jpg   Cayuga_1.png   Cayuga_2.png  

Cayuga_3.png  
Old 2 Mar 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3715931)   #121
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your current run of new tracks is very impressive. My favourite of those is Nairobi.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 03:35 (Ref:3716283)   #122
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
North Texas Speedway

A 0.89-mile (1.43 km) NASCAR-style oval located in Wichita Falls, TX. Although a short track, it features very high bankings (30 degrees in the turns, 26 degrees on the front straight, and 14 degrees on the back straight). Therefore, cars are able to maintain high speeds, around those that are reached at Dover. Would definitely pose a unique challenge to the drivers.
Attached Thumbnails
North Texas Speedway.jpg   NorthTex_1.png   NorthTex_2.png  

NorthTex_3.png  
Old 14 Mar 2017, 03:08 (Ref:3718484)   #123
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Corpus Christi Airport Raceway

A 2.0 mile (3.22 km) counterclockwise track located on the site of an abandoned airport in Corpus Christi, TX. The site also contains a drag strip, made out of one of the old runways. The gravel trap off of turn 5 would probably have to be extended over the drag strip when the circuit is in use. Primary uses would be NASCAR (possibly a race during the Chase, a road course then would throw a curveball the drivers' way), IndyCar, IMSA Sports Car Series, and other American racing series.
Attached Thumbnails
Corpus Christi Airport Raceway.jpg   CorpusChristi_1.png   CorpusChristi_2.png  

CorpusChristi_3.png   CCAR trackmap.png  
Old 16 Mar 2017, 02:48 (Ref:3718930)   #124
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Milan Street Circuit

A 3.15 mile (5.07 km) street circuit in Milan, Italy. Features a good blend of fast straights, tight corners, and fast corners. A lot like Baku in some aspects, in my opinion. Uses: Maybe a second F1 Grand Prix in Italy, but this seems like more of a touring car/sports car/Le Mans/endurance-style track to me.

http://imgur.com/gallery/MTffy

Use this link, I will upload the images to this thread later, the image uploader is being exceedingly stupid at the moment.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 03:00 (Ref:3718933)   #125
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Milan Images

Here are the images for Milan Street Circuit
Attached Thumbnails
Milan Street Circuit with Image copy.png   Milan Street Circuit trackmap.jpg   Milan Street Circuit no Image.jpg