Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jun 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2713688)   #26
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Holy moly.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2713752)   #27
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a Mosler from the back & a C5R Vette from the front! Very impressive work!
Old 18 Jun 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2714159)   #28
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Goran Malmberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Looks like a Mosler from the back & a C5R Vette from the front! Very impressive work!
The Fiberglass work are C6 and do actually com from a US Corvette racing supplier. The exception is is the roof that is C4 for certifying reasons. The car is much lower than the body parts was designed for so a sectioning work was performed that altered the design a lot. The total height is 38,9" (11" more than the rear tires) width 78,74". This means that the wheelarcs need to be raised, most visible for the front wheels.
Race weight is 2511p race ready with gas and drivers and 110p of ballast.
Goran
Old 21 Jun 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2715775)   #29
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where and in what kind of event did you race it? Any plans to do the next Nordic GT round in Estonia?
Old 21 Jun 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2715856)   #30
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Where and in what kind of event did you race it? Any plans to do the next Nordic GT round in Estonia?
Hi!
This race was a "modsport" race at Mantorp in Sweden. The car was mainly designed for Nordic Supercar, but there are not many of these race left in the calender these days. I should speak with the team manager and ask him to answer your question. I am just working on the engeneering side of the car.
Goran
Old 22 Jun 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2716236)   #31
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This series: http://www.spvm.se/index.php?page=modsport ? Looks nice... they even have Gotland Ring in calendar

Did you have to change anything in the car to race in it in modsport? There seems to be some others from NSC too... Jaan Tolli / Boxster and Stefan Pfister / Lotus Europa. Red Corvette (Ingvar Sand) looks a bit familiar too, but I'm not sure if it's the same that used to race in NSC.
Old 7 Aug 2011, 07:30 (Ref:2936801)   #32
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
We were at Falkenberg race track a week ago, but it rained so much that it was not possible to get some test laps. But the car works fine, no overheating or other mechanical problems, and respond well to the settings. We got third place in the race we could run. The car is certainly ready to compete with, the driver has to just get plenty of exercise to get the routine with the car. It is a well big task for a small team.

A new lake was formed by the night rain.

The tent collapsed during the nights heavy rain.

Goran
Old 12 Aug 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3119091)   #33
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
It is about time to show that I am still working...

We have had problems with some understeer so I rebuilt the diffrential. Instead of the load-sensitive plate pack I made a new packages using a roller bearing which makes a completely open differential. It's not quite what you are accustomed to seeing on a race car but this car has an incredibly low center of gravity so I thought it was worth a try. It turned out that the driver was very satisfied. Now we can use a more balanced coilover-spring setting.

This weekend, 12-8-2012, test-driven the car with the new diff and the result was two victories in two races on Anderstorp Raceway. I am really pleased with that.

It really takes some time to get things right for a small team....
Old 12 Aug 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3119105)   #34
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, it's been a while. Good to see the car is still alive and kicking!
Old 15 Aug 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3120441)   #35
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My goodness, what a car and project! Best wishes and I hope to keep seeing updates Goran!
Old 17 Aug 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3121132)   #36
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
My goodness, what a car and project! Best wishes and I hope to keep seeing updates Goran!
Thank you! I've been lazy when it comes to reporting on the progress of the car. The reason is that it has taken time with proper testing, and the team would like to get the car on the track and race. So it has been to wait until the race provided evidence regarding the requirements of adjustments. Once I got inputs we got qualifying times that were over two seconds faster than the nearest competitor. The joy was great so I have to write a few words about it.
Goran
Old 17 Aug 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3121160)   #37
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That car looks properly mean! Are you considering racing it in the Dutch Supercar Challenge? UK maybe?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 18 Aug 2012, 02:40 (Ref:3121250)   #38
Puzzle
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Puzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is an awesome looking project congratulations
Old 18 Aug 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3121305)   #39
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
That car looks properly mean! Are you considering racing it in the Dutch Supercar Challenge? UK maybe?
We have received an invitation to participate. We have not checked whether the car can handle the rules but it seems that they think it would be fun just that the car came with just to get a little variety in the starting field. We are, as I said a small team with limited resources, so we have invested in to go with an older proven engine when the chassis has been what we put money and energy. Now when it starts to work fine, it's up to date with a new engine so the car can handle a little faster tracks. Since the engine is an integral part of the chassis, we are limited to the type of engine, but there is still a lot to choose from that are still in use. Anyway, I can well imagine that we will participate if all the pieces fall into place.
Goran
Old 20 Aug 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3122295)   #40
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Here is a film from the inside of our car at Anderstorp. There was a problem during startup because the driver was not familiar with the open diff, so he was passed by a few cars. In addition, he was out on the grass due to cold tires. These cars are later passed, and in the end there is a car left to pass but it is one lap behind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjLl-...ature=youtu.be
Old 20 Aug 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3122327)   #41
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran Malmberg View Post
Here is a film from the inside of our car at Anderstorp. There was a problem during startup because the driver was not familiar with the open diff, so he was passed by a few cars. In addition, he was out on the grass due to cold tires. These cars are later passed, and in the end there is a car left to pass but it is one lap behind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjLl-...ature=youtu.be
Awesome! I'm liking the speedo that tops out everytime the drivers foot is to the floor

If you don't mind me asking, how was this funded? Is straight out of your pocket or do you have sponsors/ backers etc?
Old 21 Aug 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3122424)   #42
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks absolutely menacing! I love it!
Old 22 Aug 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3122842)   #43
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Awesome! I'm liking the speedo that tops out everytime the drivers foot is to the floor If you don't mind me asking, how was this funded? Is straight out of your pocket or do you have sponsors/ backers etc?
First, building the car has Consumed a whole lot of time. As for the design of the car so I have been working for free, to be given the opportunity to realize my own theories of how a car of this kind should perhaps be built. Plus, I have the freedom to use the construction of the car as an example in my book. I have also made many parts of the car, to avoid making advanced drawings that enable the work could be done by other work shops. For the main part of cost, the team has payed out of their own pockets. Of course, they have had some very good deals with different shops and the racing team built professionally in shape as a company.. One good thing that comes out from this is that the team is free from sponsorship requirements. I myself am retired so I have less profitability requirements now.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3123079)   #44
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
First, building the car has Consumed a whole lot of time. As for the design of the car so I have been working for free, to be given the opportunity to realize my own theories of how a car of this kind should perhaps be built. Plus, I have the freedom to use the construction of the car as an example in my book. I have also made many parts of the car, to avoid making advanced drawings that enable the work could be done by other work shops. For the main part of cost, the team has payed out of their own pockets. Of course, they have had some very good deals with different shops and the racing team built professionally in shape as a company.. One good thing that comes out from this is that the team is free from sponsorship requirements. I myself am retired so I have less profitability requirements now.
Good stuff Goran, enjoyed the video. Congratulations on the success of the car so far.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3123249)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Would be great to see more success for your car/team that will hopefully bring more attention to the car. As a Toyota fan, I also liked the Red Supra you were racing against!
Old 11 Jan 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3352886)   #46
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw this video and recalled that the car has a thread here. They've built a model for miniature windtunnel testing, I love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=F7OgR0EaoWA&hd=1
Old 12 Jan 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3353016)   #47
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has the car raced in Denmark?
Old 12 Jan 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3353115)   #48
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
nissan r390 body?
Old 7 Jul 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3556580)   #49
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Hey, it's been a while since you heard from me. I have been working on the Corvette since the last races a year ago. Now we have decided that the car will be turbocharged. We change class to Time Attack. The car ports around one kg / hp at 1000 kg weight. Furthermore, the final concept contain active aerodynamics and brake systems. The image is photographed outside my garage in June 2015. It was then that light blue in color, but orange colors I have done in photoshop.

I made a little film featuring the car. As an old guitar builder so I recorded a cover of the Shadows Apache, on one of my bass guitars with my own fabricatded picups for a special bass sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpyHPLPAydA
Old 7 Jul 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3556601)   #50
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hey, it's been a while since you heard from me.
Just visited your website for the first time in a while and was surprised to see the Pantera has been completed reinvented!
You have been a busy man with these two projects!