Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Mar 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3961202)   #76
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Great Entry List. According to British GT website, the 19th GT3 is from a manufacturer not yet on the list. Ferrari maybe ??

"the 19th entry represents a seventh manufacturer not currently amongst the confirmed GT3 list."

https://www.britishgt.com/news/586/b...y-at-media-day

More chance of it being the Stellar Audi GT3 I think
Old 3 Mar 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3961253)   #77
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

the best gt series outside of gt world challenge europe?
Probably a toss-up between ADAC GT and British GT. ADAC is more professional, has an even bigger GT3-field and uses success ballast instead of time penalties during pitstops, but British GT runs on better circuits, has multiclass racing and varied race formats.

I'd say British GT is more fun to watch while ADAC GT is more hardcore.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3961288)   #78
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They are both good in their own right. They both have their BoP. You do get decent racing in British GT and some good names too. Both series have gone stronger than others
Old 3 Mar 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3961302)   #79
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I couldn’t pick between them, both great

I do like the multi class side of British GT

Someone doing Stellars social media got carried away and showed their R8 GT3 Evo... they have seats available still, so still a very much pending program.

Hope it happens!
Old 3 Mar 2020, 22:14 (Ref:3961345)   #80
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Great Entry List. According to British GT website, the 19th GT3 is from a manufacturer not yet on the list. Ferrari maybe ??

"the 19th entry represents a seventh manufacturer not currently amongst the confirmed GT3 list."

https://www.britishgt.com/news/586/b...y-at-media-day
It's an Audi isn't it? I'm sure one of the publicity shots showed a car under a cover - the cover had an Audi badge on it. Unless that was an old photo of course.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3961477)   #81
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It's an Audi isn't it? I'm sure one of the publicity shots showed a car under a cover - the cover had an Audi badge on it. Unless that was an old photo of course.
Yes, see post above yours, its a Stellar Audi
Old 4 Mar 2020, 11:02 (Ref:3961479)   #82
Bcarr6
Veteran

Rob Collard and Sandy Mitchell in the second Barwell Lamborghini, sponsored by Blackbull as usual for Sandy
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3961583)   #83
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
More chance of it being the Stellar Audi GT3 I think
There's an article on daily sports car which confirms they have a 2020 spec Audi GT3 and have a paid entry into British gt this year for both gt3 and Gt4

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...k-notes-1.html
Old 5 Mar 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3961712)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Interesting article, I hope it goes well for them
Old 27 Apr 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3973197)   #85
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It appears the SRO are now able to look at rescheduling as many races as possible as the BTCC had first call on circuit dates for any revised meetings and have now 'chosen'. Shame they could get together and do a 'Super Weekend' - too many egos I guess. Still if it all comes off the end of the year is going to see some big races every weekend!
Old 27 Apr 2020, 18:17 (Ref:3973208)   #86
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
It appears the SRO are now able to look at rescheduling as many races as possible as the BTCC had first call on circuit dates for any revised meetings and have now 'chosen'. Shame they could get together and do a 'Super Weekend' - too many egos I guess. Still if it all comes off the end of the year is going to see some big races every weekend!

Id imagine the two packages couldn’t physically fit all their racing on a shared weekend, if they took their support packages with them
Old 27 Apr 2020, 20:45 (Ref:3973231)   #87
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
I can't see either series being the one to "back down" and work from awnings in the paddock. It was bad enough last year with Multimatic and other teams having to have pit boxes by the start or finish of the pit lane due to the lack of garages, it'd be bonkers with the BTCC in situ too.

Still, F4 + F3 + JCW Mini + VW Cup + BGT + BTCC is a pretty mouthwatering prospect!
Old 28 Apr 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3973396)   #88
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I said in the BTCC 2020 thread that maybe TOCA, SRO and MSV but there heads together and come up with the Best of British Motorsport Festival running the BTCC, British GT and British Superbikes all on the same weekend. It could run over three weekends at Brands, Silverstone and Donington.

Sadly its a non-starter due to lots of different ideas, its a nice idea but sadly it isn't going to happen.
Old 29 Apr 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3973554)   #89
S griffin
Veteran

I think BTCC just might have priority over BGT at this time
Old 30 Apr 2020, 22:43 (Ref:3973885)   #90
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Why should it have priority?
Old 30 Apr 2020, 22:59 (Ref:3973888)   #91
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Why should it have priority?
Probably a clause in the contract BTCC have with circuits..

That or BTCC command bigger crowds and TV packages so are potentially a bigger earner for a circuit than BGT
Old 1 May 2020, 06:45 (Ref:3973911)   #92
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm unsure of the thinking behind this - but I can see an argument for BGT having priority.

It has been indicated that compared to BGT, BTCC requires a lot more people at a circuit for hospitality, catering, TV crews, crowd control - not to mention the crowd itself.

If circuits are going to need to understand how to operate effectively and safely with social distancing requirements in force, then surely it is better to develop and refine your SOPs with a smaller number of people first, before scaling it up to a BTCC event?
Old 1 May 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3973921)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

BTCC has a better TV package though and the fact it's announced it's calendar first shows that it's probably gonna be the one UK Motorsport is going to focus most on. It's easy to understand why with it being the most watched British Racing series
Old 2 May 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3974127)   #94
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
british gt also has live tv coverage online for sunday’s event, but admittedly it’s not widely watched and obviously has a very different fanbase.

it also has to coordinate dates with a european series, which in turn also has to work with several national gt series across europe. so racing on consecutive weekends isn’t abnormal compared to btcc.
Old 3 May 2020, 06:15 (Ref:3974205)   #95
Bcarr6
Veteran

Just looking very basically at how the SRO calendar updates for Europe, and the new dates for BTCC align, there really is still plenty of room for BGT to fit enough rounds in for an almost full calendar. Obviously no Spa this year but otherwise they could get the rest of the rounds in before too late in the year, without clashing with either BTCC or GTWC Europe.

That said there’s no issue with them clashing with BTCC as long as it’s a different circuit!
Old 3 May 2020, 08:58 (Ref:3974221)   #96
S griffin
Veteran

Of course, there's no reason why they can't have a race on the same weekend as the BTCC as long as it's in a different part of the country
Old 3 May 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3974224)   #97
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Of course, there's no reason why they can't have a race on the same weekend as the BTCC as long as it's in a different part of the country
I'd agree - I can't see any particular problems as long as a Silverstone - Donington clash is avoided.
Old 3 May 2020, 12:48 (Ref:3974247)   #98
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it’s pretty crap for staff like me who work in both series. the fewer the clashes, the more we can work and mitigate the loss of the first few months of the season which for some reason are the busiest. we wouldn’t make any more money by running races deeper into the winter, because it eats into testing time when we’d be earning anyway.

quite a few gt teams compete in dubai/abu dhabi events at the end of the year which could be an issue, although i think they’ve moved to january now? there’s still transit time and stuff.

plus you’ve got relatively limited marshalling staff, and many volunteers and stewarding staff are of advanced years and may prefer not to put themselves at risk this season. same goes for some team and other staff. there’s a lot of otherwise retired folk who do things like drive trucks.

lots of factors from lots of angles.
Old 3 May 2020, 14:09 (Ref:3974260)   #99
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it’s pretty crap for staff like me who work in both series. the fewer the clashes, the more we can work.
I have to admit that this important angle is one that I hadn't really considered too much - hopefully this will also play into the thinking of any revised calendars.
Old 3 May 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3974262)   #100
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it’s understandably not really something that crosses anyone’s minds versus far more significant logistical issues, but it should be!

the past few months i suspect will have pushed a lot of people to consider whether it’s time to move back into the real world both from a financial and a quiet life perspective. the nonsense/passion thing is always a very close run thing no matter who you work for or what job you’re doing