Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 May 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3906553)   #426
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Initial BoP changes revealed.

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...mpression=true
Old 28 May 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3906578)   #427
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemban View Post
I can't believe they have overlooked the most obvious livery - Gulf!
(especially as it's the 50th anniversary of the last Ford overall win)

Jeremy
Haven't we all seen enough Gulf over the years? (Sacrilege I know, but I'm actually a bit tired of it). I think those colours are splendid - on all five cars - the Keating car in particular. Nice work.
Old 29 May 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3906669)   #428
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They can't do a Gulf car because they are sponsored by Castrol.

The pale blue and red car is a compromise between the two, by the look of it.
Old 29 May 2019, 07:32 (Ref:3906675)   #429
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
They can't do a Gulf car because they are sponsored by Castrol.

The pale blue and red car is a compromise between the two, by the look of it.

And this is a commercial reality a lot of people overlook. It’s kind of Gulfish but keeps Castrol happy who are actually paying for the space on the car. It’s a good compromise.
Old 29 May 2019, 07:41 (Ref:3906678)   #430
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche livery is out!
https://presse.porsche.de/prod/press...rsionid=978800
Old 29 May 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3906679)   #431
Mike E
Veteran

https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/sta...188849152?s=19
Old 29 May 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3906712)   #432
Mike E
Veteran

Can't move for special liveries this year. JMW this time.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...ns-livery.html
Old 29 May 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3906713)   #433
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i like that but the yellow could make it look like a corvette as the light fads
Old 29 May 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3906714)   #434
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

That's a little bit dull compared to 2018.
Old 29 May 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3906716)   #435
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not very special, and for sure they are not going to have queues at the shop for t shirts this year, unless they have some of last years left.
Old 29 May 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3906737)   #436
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i like that but the yellow could make it look like a corvette as the light fads
It won't sound like a Corvette...
Old 29 May 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3906740)   #437
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
It won't sound like a Corvette...
Well that goes without saying
Old 29 May 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3906741)   #438
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too late it's been said.
Old 29 May 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3906757)   #439
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Ungh, I'll take those Brumos Liveries any day.

As for the gold striped factory liveries.....a big fat "meh".
Old 29 May 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3906765)   #440
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, Brumos liveries are as classic on a Porsche as the Rothmans livery. Although the Gold is a bit of variety on their usual one. Would have been better though if they had a different coloured stripe for each car
Old 29 May 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3906781)   #441
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yeah, Brumos liveries are as classic on a Porsche as the Rothmans livery. Although the Gold is a bit of variety on their usual one. Would have been better though if they had a different coloured stripe for each car
I think the Brumos livery is overdone. Not a fan of it. Better option would have the 4 Porsches go with the factory livery but with different trim. Red, Gold, Green (we saw that for the GT3 reveal last year), and maybe blue.
Old 29 May 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3906787)   #442
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Can't move for special liveries this year.
....and Kessel

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...-revealed.html
Old 29 May 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3906799)   #443
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well that is an odd colour arrangement not sure about that
Old 29 May 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3906810)   #444
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's different and (at least until I see it in the flesh), I like it
Old 30 May 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3906854)   #445
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It should be in gulf colours. I believe that is the right response

I like it, it’s new. I like some of these retro liveries, but it’s gone a little over top. Almost the norm rather than a rarity. Dare I say the retro livery has become a little passé!
Old 30 May 2019, 00:16 (Ref:3906857)   #446
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It should be in gulf colours. I believe that is the right response

I like it, it’s new. I like some of these retro liveries, but it’s gone a little over top. Almost the norm rather than a rarity. Dare I say the retro livery has become a little passé!
Yes doing retro liveries every year does get a bit old. But I do like all of the one off liveries for Le Mans. And I think the gold on the Porsche looks great.
Old 30 May 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3906887)   #447
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it's only right they do it at Le Mans. It reminds everyone of the history which is important. I agree the Gold on the Porsche looks a nice change from the norm too
Old 30 May 2019, 07:27 (Ref:3906891)   #448
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm all for Le Mans one-off liveries. But they need to be good. If you compare Porsche and Ford this year, there's no competition really....
Old 30 May 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3906899)   #449
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think it's only right they do it at Le Mans. It reminds everyone of the history which is important.
I would disagree with that point.

Putting on a retro livery just because you are racing at Le Mans risks keeping the event stuck in the past, and does not recognise the future and prestige that the current event holds.

If people want to see a retro livery, then it should be on a period car, not a 2019 racer. The only exception to this (IMO) would be to mark a specific occasion or anniversary.

I can accept Ford doing it this year to mark the end of their involvement as a factory entry.
Old 30 May 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3906905)   #450
Mike E
Veteran

I generally like the idea of special liveries, but it is a sad state of affairs that the most interesting thing about a car is its colour rather than what new developments the teams will be testing on, you know, test day.

The age of spec and homologation is truly upon us... As discussed ad infinitum elsewhere so this discussion is closed.