Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2022, 11:14 (Ref:4123255)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terrible news articles

In the slow news summer, I thought that, appropriately enough, I would post an example of a rubbish F1 news article so that we can lambast some of the poorer examples of media, but hopefully chuckle a bit at them.

https://formula1news.co.uk/charles-l...n-at-mercedes/

This piece of tripe all hangs on who is doing the tipping, and it turns out to be... 'fans on social media'!

Quote:
A third suggested that Leclerc will jump ship and go to Mercedes when Hamilton leaves if Ferrari continue to cost him races and, ultimately, championships.

“At this point you can’t be upset if he does end up at Mercedes. Unbelievable the incompetence of a singular team,” they added.
It gets bonus points for even being wrong in terms of anyone even tipping Leclerc to leave. He merely said 'if he does end up..', a very loose suggestion.

Or how about..? https://formula1news.co.uk/valtteri-...-hungarian-gp/

It's not even like the graphic put Bottas's name in a Ferrari. Apparently Sergio Pérez 'joined Ferrari' too, a bizarre deduction.

Do you know of any other howlers? In the interests of fairness, they don't just have to come from that site.
Old 20 Aug 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4123284)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting website. Clickbait heavy titles and content. I expect articles are cobbled together or rewrites of stories elsewhere. I wonder if any of the images are properly licensed.

Probably exists only to generate advertisement revenue. I think it might actually be impossible to scroll to the bottom on the pages as when I try it just keeps serving up more ads/links as you go.

I spot checked a few articles. It seems all are written by a "James Clifford". His F1 credentials are impeccable.

Quote:
James Clifford
Editor & Social Media Manager
James has been following Formula 1 for over a decade and has attended several grand prix at Silverstone.
Clearly he is an expert!

LinkedIn shows he is probably running this "news" site as a side hustle while his day job looks to be PR with a specialty for cypto. Probably easy money with not much effort.

Richard
Old 21 Aug 2022, 07:15 (Ref:4123329)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, pure clickbait. I think from my own fan perspective, I now click on them to see how he sneakily arrived at the headline. It's like some kind of party board game - here are some facts - now create the most attention-grabbing headline you can by using the facts.